Coppa Italia: JUVENTUS 1-2 Lazio [04/22/2009] (1 Viewer)

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Lazio is in an good performance now, Last night they beat Genoa at Marassi stadium
When two weeks ago we can't do that and conceded 3 goals..
Suddenly Lazio defence looks better than us..

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
We are playing Lazio when they are in good form, their strikers will destroy us, and unless Giovinco plays we have no chance in hell, he put more decent balls into the box for the 10 mins he was on than any other player did for 80 mins

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
If we dont win this shit, Ranieri should be fired without thinking twice.
Yeah I really agree and if we lose badly to lazio here I don't think the board can have a stronger indication that they need to sack him.

TBH I would find it kind of funny if we lost. I mean its a terrible low point but its also comical that the Coppa is our main objective. If we lose I would love to see the board come up with an answer for this one... which there isn't.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I'm afraid Ranieri don't have balls to play Giovinco
He'll think like this: Lazio has Foggia and Lichtsneiner on right flank so we need a good defence there, and again he become reactive to play Nedved and Moli..
Why he never think that, oh Foggia can't even have good defence ability, and play Gio on the left so we can explore the space that Foggia and Lichstneiner left...

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
god this is our last hope of silverware, i hope we can win it and get that silver star. but the fact that this is enough for us and the fact our coach is staying despite this is sad. if we were any other club ranieri would be gone.

pavelnedy

Juvetus Lover
Oct 26, 2008
I'm afraid Ranieri don't have balls to play Giovinco
He'll think like this: Lazio has Foggia and Lichtsneiner on right flank so we need a good defence there, and again he become reactive to play Nedved and Moli..
Why he never think that, oh Foggia can't even have good defence ability, and play Gio on the left so we can explore the space that Foggia and Lichstneiner left...
I'm afraid you're gonna be right

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
------------------------Buffon-------------------
Grygera---Legrottaglie---Chiellini---Molinaro
Camoranesi--------Poulsen-------Marchisio---
----------------------Giovinco-------------------
---------------Iaquinta-----Del Piero------------

Anything differnt, would make no sense at all! Sadly, we won't see Gio from the start :(

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I don't care about silverware. I care about silver star. Go and get it, ffs. I wanna win this and I want Giovinco to play 90 minutes. Still bitter we're 2-1 down in this one, the away leg was Ranieri's worst performance so far this season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Coppa wasn't our main objective this season. It is now, but even in not so distant past Coppa was our main objective in April.
2003/04 was such season.

The difference is that back then we knew that we'll be back to being the best very soon, now we don't.
How did we know that we will be back to our best soon? After the season was over, it took a drama to get us Capello, should I mention the Emerson saga? We bought Olivera and Kapo. I am sure we got a few typical Moggi crap as well. It was all down until the last day of the transfer season where we snatched Cannavaro and Zlatan where we looked like going back to our best. And some questioned these last two transfers as Cannavaro was past his best with Inter and Zlatan is not liked by many.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
How did we know that we will be back to our best soon? After the season was over, it took a drama to get us Capello, should I mention the Emerson saga? We bought Olivera and Kapo. I am sure we got a few typical Moggi crap as well. It was all down until the last day of the transfer season where we snatched Cannavaro and Zlatan where we looked like going back to our best. And some questioned these last two transfers as Cannavaro was past his best with Inter and Zlatan is not liked by many.
By "soon" i don't necessarly mean "in one single season". Afterall, even in season 2004/05 the difference between success and failure was one single serie A match played 3 rounds before the end at San Siro, won by that famous Trez's header.

But we were one of the top5 or top3 richest teams in the world and we had 7 world class players, 5 of which are still in Juve, but 5 years older compared to the summer of 2004. The chances were huge that we won't keep winning the 3rd place in serie A, far behind the serie A winners, and out of all the other competitions in early spring. We knew that we were 1 or 2 players away from being a hot serie A favorite and a very competetive team in CL (the second was proven wrong though)

Now, for a variety of reasons (some will say: the board's incompetence, while others will use our financial situation, the age of our star players or Calciopoli as the main reason), we can't have the guarantees that in a matter of year or two we'll be a force in Italy again, and even less a force in Europe.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So wait a minute.. this is now the most important game of the season for us?

I am so, so sad right now.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Well you are wrong, tiago over poulsen any day, poulsen and marchisio cant create for shit especially if giovinco isn't on. Tiago and marchisio would, should do it.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I agree that they won't create for shit, but it's the same with Tiago-whoever! and I think Juve have tried Tiago-Marchisio, don't think it worked...can't really recall a game where it worked out that well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)