[Coppa Italia] Inter - JUVENTUS (January 28th, 2010) (9 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There is a difference between playing well and moving well. I agree with all your ratings and I guess i'm one of the rare ones here who think Candreva had a bad match, but I think it was obvious that he was the only one running from the midfield 4 and was opening up all the time for a pass. The fact that he rarely got those passes and he was pretty clumsy with the ball is what makes your rating for him, imo, deserved.

And I don't know if I can even say that he was moving well. Maybe the fact that the others weren't moving at all is what made him look different.
They all expected the pass straight into their leg and didn't bother to run for the pass. If Diego passed the ball a little forward, we were losing it because the idiots didn't bother to run.

P.S: Actually, I disagree with your Amauri rating. He was among the worst "movers" tonight. During counters he was simply standing instead of making a run.
What do you do when you have little movement? Change the formation.

This straight 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 is so utterly predictable and sluggish when you don't have fast wingers. That's part of the problem because everyone is sticking to their positions, not making East-West runs. It's all fucking North and South bullshit.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It sucks because Amauri sucks, plain and simple. He can't get one chance on net. He's terrible by himself, and not even that good when he has someone upfront with him.
Yes one player and not even a midfielder or goalkeeper is what makes the formation not work, not the other 10 guys or four in midfield who can get off scott free passing the ball to the other team or out of bounds because they do a very neat job defensively.

Have you invented the wheel yet in your village?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Of course he's stuck behind defenders... he's the goddamn lone striker. What do you expect him to do, come back for the ball and take on players? That's the midfield's job, and they do ZERO of that, and don't even provide decent support to Diego.

But yeah, blame it all on Amauri. Too typical.
A lone striker doesn't necessarily mean to let the midfield do all the work, wait for the ball to come at your feet, and then decide to put the ball at the back of the net. You have to create spaces between the opponent's defense so the midfield can make that pass open them all up.

I'm not even blaming it all on Amauri. But he is just too static not to notice this problem we have when we attack.

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
Of course he's stuck behind defenders... he's the goddamn lone striker. What do you expect him to do, come back for the ball and take on players? That's the midfield's job, and they do ZERO of that, and don't even provide decent support to Diego.

But yeah, blame it all on Amauri. Too typical.
I wouldn't blame it all on Amauri but he should have done far better. Being a lone striker he should have gone for the ball and not just expect it to come to him. My heart wanted to scream at him to move his ass for a loose ball in the box or get to a better position to receive those crosses.

But then again, this game didn't show Amauri's inability as a striker but his inability as a lone one. He was simply out of place. But one can't blame him for that and yet I can't blame Ciro for putting him as a lone striker as none of our good strikers were available. So I say blame the Medical team. Having Del Piero, Trezeguet, Iaquinta, Camoranesi, Poulsen Marchisio, Caceres and some others injured at the same time is simply pathetic. I wonder if we even broke any record for the longest Injury list ever.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
This straight 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 is so utterly predictable and sluggish when you don't have fast wingers. That's part of the problem because everyone is sticking to their positions, not making East-West runs. It's all fucking North and South bullshit.
It doesn't really matter what formation is played at the moment.

Every system will be predictible because, as you say, the movement is pathetic.

And when the movement of the entire team is non-existent, it is pretty clear who has to take responsibility for that.

Brandmon

Juventuz irregular
Aug 13, 2008
It doesn't really matter what formation is played at the moment.

Every system will be predictible because, as you say, the movement is pathetic.

And when the movement of the entire team is non-existent, it is pretty clear who has to take responsibility for that.

Ciro, of course.
Despite the fact that I have seen some passes that children from Elementry school would have done a better job with. :sergio:

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I'm not saying that the formation doesn't work just because of Amauri and excuse me if I made it seem like that. I'm just really upset about the match. But it looks like Amauri never has any chances because he is never open and always offside. He doesn't move anywhere on the field. Del Piero managed to get a few goals in in the last couple of games, Amauri hasn't scored since a good streak at the starting of the year.

Sure we can say its the midfield's fault too but whenever there's someone else up there it seems like we get more chances, and more shots on net which ultimately leads to goals.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Apparently on SKY Blanc said that because we lost our 1st goal of the season :wth:, actions will be taken tomorrow. :andyandbarcelona:

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Apparently on SKY Blanc said that because we lost our 1st goal of the season :wth:, actions will be taken tomorrow. :andyandbarcelona:
So before the season the Cup was our only objective?wow. We atleast one goal if not two with Domestic and European competitions going out the window.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
And there you have it. We accepted mediocrity.. no, we aimed for mediocrity. It's not like I expected us to win the CL, but bloody hell, what the fuck is this about?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Ciro has to leave. No doubt about that.

I just hope that at least he won't loose any respect from us supporters. I, for one, didn't loose any respect I had for him before he coached us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)