Coppa Italia: Inter - Juventus [Jan 23, 2008] (2 Viewers)

Juve will...

• WIN

• Lose by a small margin

• GET CRUSHED

• X

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Inter attack is total crap, they can hardly score if Cambiasso doesnt have lucky day or refferees doesnt help them. And if Parma can score 2.5 goals (screw refs who gives penalties only against Inter oponents) against their best defence, i believe trez-dp-vinnie can score at least 5 against their Coppa defence. Stop whining and start to support your team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Inter attack is total crap, they can hardly score if Cambiasso doesnt have lucky day or refferees doesnt help them. And if Parma can score 2.5 goals (screw refs who gives penalties only against Inter oponents) against their best defence, i believe trez-dp-vinnie can score at least 5 against their Coppa defence. Stop whining and start to support your team.
Not really...

Ibrahimovic 13 goals
Cruz 10 goals

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
i voted juve will win, only because they didn't have the option-

juve will:
go to the san zero, will play like possessed beasts from hell, will embarass the merda, will have the home fans booing their team, and will ibreak zlatan's legs, ankles, knees, nose and cameltoe from the bench.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Im not talking about times when Cruz was on good form or when Ibrahimovič could score from game. This year their attack do suck and isnt the one who could crush our defence.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Im not talking about times when Cruz was on good form or when Ibrahimovič could score from game. This year their attack do suck and isnt the one who could crush our defence.
Yeah i know Ibra scored alot from penalties but anyway man...what defence?

Birindelli-Grygera-Boumsong-Molnaro? I could find better defence here at juventuz

Andy-Jack-Rab-Salvatore , I am sure they could do better then the first ones. :p

P.S. No offence to anyone

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I ain't no fool, last time someone posted that we drew with Inter, maybe its our lucky charm :D

van strattan
Grygera-Legrottaglie-Boumsong-Molinaro
Nocerino-Tiago-Zanetti
Iaquinta-Trezeguet-Del Piero

Boumsong on Zlatan and Tiago on Cambiasso. ;)
Is Van Strattan any good?

Inter 7 - Juve 0 ?
drama queen :D

we can't go there and try to defend. Inter have a stronger squad so we need to score at least an away goal.
Reginaldo's pace was causing problems to Inter's defence so Iaquinta shouldn't have too much of a problem. Also Trez is a slighlty better finisher than Corradi so will be able to capitalize on any mistakes. Alex has the skill, so whichever strikers CR decides to play we should be certain of scoring

In 1975, again in Coppa Italia and again in Milano, we've beaten them 2:6.

Thought you'd want to know about this :p
So we can try see if we can score more this time? :D

y is every1 so pessimistic!

we drew in the league against dere best team
Yes we drew with Inter's first team....With Buffon, Chiellini, Camoranesi, Nedved and others

Coppa Italia Preview: Inter - Juventus

What: Coppa Italia, Quarter-Final, First Leg
When: Wednesday, January 23, 21:00 (CET)
Where: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Milan

Unlucky Number 13 For Inter?

Inter come into this game off the back of a simply incredible 13 consecutive victories in all competitions.

The most recent of these, against Parma on Sunday evening was achieved in the most dramatic of circumstances. The Nerazzurri were trailing 2-1 at San Siro as the game moved into its closing stages, when they were awarded a dubious 88th penalty for a handball on the line by Fernando Couto.

Couto received his marching orders, Zlatan Ibrahimovic converted the spot-kick, and the Swede would then go on to grab a sensational winner deep into stoppage time to clinch a 3-2 victory.

Regardless of the controversial nature of their latest success, Inter must certainly be applauded for the mental strength they possess in their squad. They will be looking to make it 14 wins on the bounce on Wednesday evening when they host bitter rivals Juventus in the Coppa Italia quarter-finals.

In the previous round Inter showed just how strong their squad is by thumping Reggina 7-1 on aggregate, despite fielding a team made up of youngsters and reserves in both legs.

It remains to be seen if Mancini will opt to play the likes of hot young prospects Mario Balotelli and Franceso Bolzoni again this midweek.

Slow Star To 2008 For Juve

After an impressive end to 2007 which had seen them rack up three consecutive victories in Serie A, Juventus have made a lethargic start to the New Year.

First of all they drew 1-1 away at Catania, only earning a point due to a controversial late penalty from Alessandro Del Piero. They then overcame Empoli 5-3 in the Coppa Italia second leg after a see-saw battle in Turin. Finally they were involved in a goalless stalemate with Sampdoria last Sunday afternoon.

The match with Samp was a particularly frustrating affair as Juve dominated the first half, with David Trezeguet hitting the bar, having an effort cleared off the line, and Marco Marchionni missing an open goal. At half time Coach Claudio Ranieri inexplicably opted to replace Alessandro Del Piero with Vincenzo Iaquinta and the Bianconeri were then dreadfully poor from that point forward, failing to create a single chance in the second period.

If there was ever a chance for Juventus to gain a morale and energy boost it will be on Wednesday against Inter. The two sides have developed into the bitterest of enemies following the Calciopoli crisis, and even though the Coppa Italia is not highly regarded in Italy, you can rest assured that this game certainly won’t have a friendly feel to it.

This was exemplified in the meeting between the sides in Serie A at the beginning of November, when Giorgio Chiellini handed out some real rough treatment to former Bianconero Ibrahimovic. Luis Figo also fractured his leg following a challenge from Pavel Nedved as the game in Turin finished 1-1.

There could be fireworks again on Wednesday night at San Siro.

FORM GUIDE

Inter

20/01 (Serie A) Inter 3-2 Parma

17/01 (Coppa Italia) Inter 3-0 Reggina

13/01 (Serie A): Siena-Inter 2-3

23/12 (Serie A): Inter-Milan 2-1

19/12 (Coppa Italia): Reggina-Inter 1-4

Juventus

20/01 (Serie A) Juventus 0-0 Sampdoria

15/12 (Coppa Italia) Juventus 5-3 Empoli

12/01 (Serie A) Catania 1-1 Juventus

23/12 (Serie A) Juventus 2-0 Siena

15/12 (Serie A) Lazio 2-3 Juventus

TEAM NEWS

Inter

It remains to be seen whether Mancini decides to employ his youngsters and reserves like he did in the last round against Reggina, or incorporate a few first-choice stars. Francesco Toldo, Luis Figo, Olivier Dacourt, Walter Samuel, Maicon, and Dejan Stankovic are definitely unavailable due to injury. Nicolas Burdisso and Christian Chivu are doubts.

Juventus

Claudio Ranieri has made no qualms that he wants to win this competition and this could be seen by the team he put out against Empoli last week. Jorge Andrade, Jonathan Zebina, Giorgio Chiellini, Mauro Camoranesi, and Emanuele Belardi are all sidelined, while Pavel Nedved and Alessandro Del Piero may be rested.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Inter – Mario Balotelli

Balotelli (pictured above) is not guaranteed to start the game but he certainly should feature at some point. The 17-year-old is certainly a star of the future so watch this space.

Juventus – Vincenzo Iaquinta

Iaquinta was desperately disappointing after coming on as a half-time substitute against Sampdoria at the weekend. The forward will be desperate to make amends on Wednesday.

PREDICTION

It is always difficult to make predictions in the Coppa Italia but the fact that Juve will probably play more first-teamers than Inter should ensure that this match finishes in a draw. Expect to see a red card or two, and a penalty or two as well. Whichever way they go, it will make headlines.

Inter 1-1 Juventus

goal.com
1-1 wouldn't be too bad, would prefer 2-2 though

Yeah i know Ibra scored alot from penalties but anyway man...what defence?

Birindelli-Grygera-Boumsong-Molnaro? I could find better defence here at juventuz

Andy-Jack-Rab-Salvatore , I am sure they could do better then the first ones. :p

P.S. No offence to anyone
I'm a stopper and Rab is not, so i believe i should rightfully have that place in the centre of defense :D

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
You're blatantly jealous, and want to stand next to me at the back.
shit, i never thought the real reason would ever emerge.

I am keeping you for my second team and CL don`t worry. :lol:

Andy/Chester-MC-Mark-Vlatko

I am better then Ranieri. :D
I play in every team for 90mins, so first team, coppa team, CL team and National team.
I'm also a mean DM, grrr try not to be scared :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Man...you are talking too much.Next time i`ll bench you in CL so you see who the real boss is! :D

Ok I made team who will stand up against Inter tomorrow.Andy changed his position. :D Burke will be drunk probably so i`ll have to find some sub for him. :cough: give me money or +rep so you get in starting 11 :cough: :D
Here we go

----------Burke

Chester-Jack-Rab-Salvatore

------------MC

Dominic---------Vinny

---------Alen

-----Andy---Mark

Subs:Holdon,Vlatko,Rebel,swag,Seven,dru and Enron.

Sep 14, 2003
I really think we'll batter them!

Of course I'm a liar too.

Seriously now, I think much will depend on what team Inter play. If we can be a little more inspired than what we've witnessed so far this year, we'll give ourselves half a chance.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Man...you are talking too much.Next time i`ll bench you in CL so you see who the real boss is! :D

Ok I made team who will stand up against Inter tomorrow.Andy changed his position. :D Burke will be drunk probably so i`ll have to find some sub for him. :cough: give me money or +rep so you get in starting 11 :cough: :D
Here we go

----------Burke

------------MC

Dominic---------Vinny

---------Alen

-----Andy---Mark
Too bad gsol is suspended and not available for this match. Burke is also suspended after the red card he and gsol got few days ago.

Shit, no Turk. His suspension expired yesterday so he's available you know.
And put Seven as GK. You just can't beat that guy no matter how much you try.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I made subs.Damn i forgot Burke is suspended!Seven is new GK.Turk would break someone`s legs so i must save him for later when Ibra comes in.He`ll come insted of Rab because i think Rab would kill Ibra and get life time suspension. :D

----------Seven

------------MC

Dominic---------Vinny

---------Alen

-----Andy---Mark

Subs:Holdon,Vlatko,Rebel,swag,dru,Xcen3x and Ze Tahir.

Ref: Turk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)