[Coppa Italia] Atalanta 3-0 JUVENTUS [January 30th, 2018] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 6, 2015
You're probably right, just watched it again. Could have held his ground a little better after seeing Cancelo lose the ball, and been further out to contest. :tup:
Perhaps it wouldn't have made any difference as he was caught marking two players by himself, but imo in that situation you just run towards the ball and hope that the opposition player is selfish and doesn't pass the ball.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Just like the Lazio game, we were missing the backbone of this team (Bonucci-Pjanic-Mandzukic). I'll take that as a valid excuse for the terrible performances in Rome and Bergamo.
A team with our supposed depth, we can't be that reliant on players that if they are absent we become a shadow of what we potentially can do.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I'm ready for the post match interviews "We will learn from this", "Juve lessons"
Allegri: I think a lesson like this can be of use to a team. Last season, we drew with Crotone with a real struggle and then fell to Napoli. You rescue one, you rescue two, you’re going to fall eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

A team with our supposed depth, we can't be that reliant on players that if they are absent we become a shadow of what we potentially can do.
That depth is only on the wings, and maybe full backs. We have no depth in midfield or center of defense, or even for striker position.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Allegri: I think a lesson like this can be of use to a team. Last season, we drew with Crotone with a real struggle and then fell to Napoli. You rescue one, you rescue two, you’re going to fall eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

That depth is only on the wings, and maybe full backs. We have no depth in midfield or center of defense, or even for striker position.
Well said allegri

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Hence the reason we need to improve our options in the midfield department, and now that Benatia is gone, CBs.
Of course and if we can't bring players, it's up to the coach to find another formula. The one he has been using with wrong elements is just producing shit and we keep on doing it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Of course and if we can't bring players, it's up to the coach to find another formula. The one he has been using with wrong elements is just producing shit and we keep on doing it.
Oh for sure... Allegri needs to sort out how to best use the team available to him. I have faith in him, as he has always managed to have us performing better from February onwards, in his time here. But the clock is certainly ticking. I'll start judging the season once I see how we perform against Atletico Madrid. Right now, it doesn't look promising at all, but I'll keep an open mind. For we looked terrible in 2014-15 and 2016-17 going into the knockouts and turned it around.

Something also needs to be done about our god-awful fitness staff.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Oh for sure... Allegri needs to sort out how to best use the team available to him. I have faith in him, as he has always managed to have us performing better from February onwards, in his time here. But the clock is certainly ticking. I'll start judging the season once I see how we perform against Atletico Madrid. Right now, it doesn't look promising at all, but I'll keep an open mind. For we looked terrible in 2014-15 and 2016-17 going into the knockouts and turned it around.

Something also needs to be done about our god-awful fitness staff.
I usually have faith in him but this time around he hasn't been shuffling anything, he's stuck to his 4-3-3 and he has been using wrong players to fill the positions. He usually uses two or three different formations up until February then he sticks to one where it ticks like a Swiss watch. This season he hasn't changed system once, he has only changed players and mostly due to injuries.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
The only lesson we can learn is that the pressed us like mad dogs and we were simply walking.
We don't have any plan and rendered useless our attack....

I knew they'd rape us even before the game. Simply we're in a awful period

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I usually have faith in him but this time around he hasn't been shuffling anything, he's stuck to his 4-3-3 and he has been using wrong players to fill the positions. He usually uses two or three different formations up until February then he sticks to one where it ticks like a Swiss watch. This season he hasn't changed system once, he has only changed players and mostly due to injuries.
Agree with you. It's a little more worrisome, also because it got us knocked out of a tournament we have walked through the last few years. Usually the Coppa quarters at the end of January were when we saw our upturn in form begin. This year, instead, it's when we hit rock bottom.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I don't think anyone is really surprised with this result. I mean we're playing completely the same in last what, 6-7 games? In most of them we were lucky the opponents managed to score one at most so it wasn't that hard to overcome. We barely looked like a team last games, every time i say 'gonna be a good game, we can't look worse than last game' and Juventus surprises. :baus:
Here's hope we gonna look completely different in CL, but uh it's hard to imagine right now.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
The only lesson we can learn is that the pressed us like mad dogs and we were simply walking.
We don't have any plan and rendered useless our attack....

I knew they'd rape us even before the game. Simply we're in a awful period
We always have problems against high pressing teams hopefully the return of bonucci and pjanic might solve it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)