Cool Car Gallery (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
ian be sure to wear loadsa protective gear. that sharp nose could cut a huge gash in your shin, rendering you unable to drive yourself to the hospital. :p

I think its a nice car, very retro, kinda reminds me of a toned-down countach. IMO thats why i dont like it- most people wont give it a second look. what did it cost?? are you gonna get rims?? get a new paint job? what are its specs??

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
ian be sure to wear loadsa protective gear. that sharp nose could cut a huge gash in your shin, rendering you unable to drive yourself to the hospital. :p

I think its a nice car, very retro, kinda reminds me of a toned-down countach. IMO thats why i dont like it- most people wont give it a second look. what did it cost?? are you gonna get rims?? get a new paint job? what are its specs??
Well, it is a lotus and a very good car, but you're right it is retro, my car rolled off of the assembly line in 1975. It cost me 77,000 american for the car, and I'm getting a friend of mine to customize it for me for about 25,000. So it's gonna be kind of expensive. I'm gonna go with the silver paint job. I'm gonna keep the classic rims, but I'll have to have them restored. I'm also getting autostick installed on a revamped engine.

As for the specs, Ihaven't the foggiest, as I don't really care, but it's fast, and I think that the engine is a 16 valve superchanged four-cylinder, but don't hold me to that.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
Very nice Ian...I like it a lot. Nice and distinctive. Must be nice to be able to spend over $100,000 on a car :D
Thanks, I like it to. And you're right, I've been looking for this car for some time now, and I've saved up most of the money.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
You paid $77k for a 75 s1..... are you mad.

Ok they are rare but you can pick em up for far less... there was one in top marques last week for half that!!

Unless of course its between numbers 1 and 10... in that case i apologise!!

ps. they're a great car... good choice.... jus dont ruin it!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by respaul ] ++
You paid $77k for a 75 s1..... are you mad.

Ok they are rare but you can pick em up for far less... there was one in top marques last week for half that!!

Unless of course its between numbers 1 and 10... in that case i apologise!!

ps. they're a great car... good choice.... jus dont ruin it!
I'm not sure what you mean about nuimbers 1-10, but the reason that it costs so much is that I had to have it shipped from England. They are much more common in Europe, and cheaper.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

I'm not sure what you mean about nuimbers 1-10, but the reason that it costs so much is that I had to have it shipped from England. They are much more common in Europe, and cheaper.
The s1 was a limited production (984 if i remember rightly) and as such each car is numbered. Those between one and ten are worth more than the rest.

Now i dont know a great deal about importing, but what i do know is that my neighbour recently imported a corvette z1 from the states to england and that cost him jus shy of £5k

There was a 75 s1 in top marques last week for £10k and then i found a 76 model on the net for £8.5 jus now.... so that appears to be the going rate!!

So... £10k for the car + £5k for importing = £15k = aprox $24.5k

Far less than your $77k and that was why I was surprised by the price you quoted.

But anyway ...its a great car, and as long as you have what you want, the price doesnt matter.

Jul 12, 2002
I'm not sure how your friend imported his car, but it cost me 10,000 american. Yes, you can get S1's and 2's for a lot less that what I've bought mine for, but mine only has about 3,000 miles on it, and it has been extensively restored. It's my experience in shopping for these, that those which are available for less, are not of the best quality.

But, you are right, it is exactly the car I wanted and I've got it for what I would consider a reasonable price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)