Conte: A positive pressure (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Antonio Conte took the opportunity to reflect on his team’s progress as they prepare to lock horns with their first opponents of the season, Parma, tomorrow evening. The Gialloblu were the first official visitors to Juventus Stadium in September and found themselves buried under an avalanche of goals as Conte announced his return in style.
“It was a great game from our point of view,” he mused. “We got our championship season off to a flying start. From there it’s inevitable that many things have changed, and the team has continued their development process from every aspect: organisational, tactical, physical and psychological.”
Juventus’ form continued to build and soon saw them embroiled in a top-of-the-table tussle with defending champions Milan and Udinese. After Conte’s men brought an end to the Zebrette’s 100 per cent home record in December, the Rossoneri went one better by conquering the Stadio Friuli on Saturday night.
“I think that Udinese-Milan showed what I’ve continued to say,” added the 42-year-old. “If a team like Milan, with 13-14 players missing, wins at a difficult place - where we were the only ones to draw and all the others had been beaten - it shows what they’re capable of. It doesn’t surprise me.”
Conte was asked if Milan regaining top spot could cause Juve to buckle under the psychological pressure as they look to win their two games in hand. Yet the manager moved quickly to refute any suggestion of panic.
“What’s happening to us this year makes us very happy,” he stated. “It’s been many years since Juve were one of the key teams in the championship. Something great is happening, something that must fill us with satisfaction and pride. We’ve got back to playing a key role and to being competitive in very little time. For us it’s a positive pressure.”
The press conference drew to a conclusion with a question regarding the physical condition of Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio. Both players have been integral to the Bianconeri’s energetic performances this season, and Conte has no concerns on the midfield duo.
“I’m honestly not worried about the fitness of Vidal and Marchisio,” he affirmed. “They’re doing well and I’m convinced they’ll both put in great performances tomorrow.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)