Conclusion relegation: Good or Bad? (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
baggio said:
A lot of us here seem to be laying blame on the Triade. However, I feel the criticism comes unwarranted. They didnt necessarily have a say in who was to comprise the team on the field. But if we look back at the Lippi era, we'd see that a lot of youngsters were fleshed through the system - something I'd attribute our successes to. Things were changing once Capello came around. But, now that we're in the doldrums, the line-up today suggests that the Triade had laid the foundations for the future. They could've cashed in on the youngsters by selling them, but instead decided to invest in their futures by loaning them out and ensuring they got playing time at other teams if there wasnt space at Juventus. That to me suggests, they definitely had a system in place - it may not have been the most revolutionary way of working, but certainly adequate. As the pre-season line up suggests.
spot on , the triad gave us a pretty good crop of youngesters and we didnt consider miccoli and gassbarroni who would've been great in this squad..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
Relegation is not positive but we have to make the best out of it. Our team that worked like a machine the last years and did not play really nice under Capello will become a team with a lot of enthusiastic youngsters who we don`t have to pay millions. Players like Palladino dream of playing for juventus and they will give everything next season.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
relegation is bad overall, but it has some interesting aspects as well.

1. we need to clean out the club with its old players. the club has done this, but still kept some important players such as dp, neddy, buffon and possibly camo.

2. the young players finally get a chance to proce themselves.

3. the club can rebuild with these young players and bring back something to Serie A that many other big clubs never do anymore, and that produce players in a team, instead of just buying them.

I would really love for this juve team to let the young players become stars and one day win everything. just like Man U did in the mid 90s with becks, scholes, giggs etc...that would be great.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Adrian said:
relegation is bad overall, but it has some interesting aspects as well.

1. we need to clean out the club with its old players. the club has done this, but still kept some important players such as dp, neddy, buffon and possibly camo.

2. the young players finally get a chance to proce themselves.

3. the club can rebuild with these young players and bring back something to Serie A that many other big clubs never do anymore, and that produce players in a team, instead of just buying them.

I would really love for this juve team to let the young players become stars and one day win everything. just like Man U did in the mid 90s with becks, scholes, giggs etc...that would be great.
We won the CL in the mid 90s, those Manchester bastards lucked their way to the trophy in 1999 by beating us in the semis thanks to the tactics of that nerd ANCELOTTI. Bah..

But I agree with everything you say, regardless :)

It's just that when I hear "Man United" it's bad for my stomache

Jul 17, 2006
ye are living in cloud cuckoo land if you are assuming the young players are wonder kids like man ure's team in the early 90's.

case in point: liverpool under graeme souness in 1991. he purged the team of its old establised players and brought in youngsters with disasterous consequences. the youngsters simply werent good enough to wear the liverpool shirt. what if these young players arent good enough to wear the Juve shirt? if they are Juve will be the luckiest club in the world

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Well lets start with all the positives we had before the relegation and the negatives and what stayed with us and what we lost. If you do that you will notice that not only relegation is good, it was needed. Of course you will say that i am an optimistic dreamer but lets get to the facts and on these facts we'l decide together.

The First Cancer: Capello

Chapter 1: Capello and the Primadonas

In 2003 Juventus played against Real Madrid in the CL semi final. Coming down from a 2-1 defeat in spain and facing the mighty European Champions and title holders Juventus were not exactly favourites to win this 2nd tie game at Italy. But Juventus managed to put down one of the most memorable displays and won this historical CL clash 3-1 after destroying Real Madrid on the pitch that day. Real Madrid suffered from this defeat for more than 3 years.

In 2005 the two teams were drawn together in the first knockout stage of the compition but this time Juventus were the favourites with a distance. Juventus wasent just favoured for this game, they were favoured for the whole competition. Juventus also lost in spain 2-1 and came back to achieve victory in Italy. This time Juventus didnt put a great impressive display. They sure played the game right but the team lacked a crucial thing that later was the reason why they got knocked out against Liverpool.

Now as Juventus fans can you tell me the missing element we had in 2003 and lacked in 2005? I will tell you, we lacked heart, passion, flair, and grit. We had 11 player willing to die so that Juventus would win that game in 2003. But in 2005 we had Vieira, we had Emerson, we had well...Ibra. Players who put themselves before the club. we had trouble in the team with the Del Piero situation and we had the fans insulting the manager. These kind of things never occured expect in the Ancelotti era wich we all saw how it ended.

As much as we could admire Capello winning mentality we could now see and admit the damage that he had made to the core and heart of this club. Under Capello Juventus lost its team spirit, flair, passion, heart, grit. Elements that are Juventus trade marks. Back in the days we werent the better team in all situations but we had the will to win more than any team. This is the main diffrence between Capello and Lippi. With Lippi we had a great team but with Capello we had great invidiuals wich affected us gravely.

Chapter 2: Capello and the transfer policy

Under Capello Juventus spent ridiclous amount of money on players who we would have never considerd before. Big name from big teams, we always payed alot thats true but never for big names and never from big teams. These kind of players who come from the big teams are rarely usefull as they usually not hungry for success. Cannavaro is an expetion of course but Vieir and Emerson were both established as superstars and both have achieved alot with their clubs. Not only that, we traded someone like Appiah a 24 yo very promising midfielder to bring in a money eating machine underpreforming Patrick Vieira.

We lost great young Juventino like Maresca in times where we needed any kind of creativity spark and guess who was responsible. We had someone like Ibrahimovic who probably dosent give a fuck about Juventus start on the expence of someone like Del Piero or even Mutu.

Capello is not just a manager who is stuborn and wooded minded, he is also a selfish invidual who just think about his success of the present and never cares about the team future.As i said trading youngsters with old primadonas shows it. In his era we almost lost DP, Buffon and because of him Mutu never got to play in his real position. We played with ancient tactics and won the league by physical power as Buffon said after the Liverpool game. In Europe we looked like a shadow of the team we once was. We had a bunch of old stars playing with Ancient methods and this is why we got humiliated infront of Arsenal and Liverpool. We used to be a scary beast in the CL and under Capello we became an old scarecrow.

I actually lived to witness someone like Zebina starting for Juventus and not only that but asking for a payrise. I lived to see our players bust up in training (Ibra vs Vieira) and lived to see the fans insulting our manager. Things that has nothing to do with Juventus and all happend in the Capello era.

Conclusion:

With 11 true Juventino and DD who is also a Juventino i cant ask for more as a fan. We all know and agree that those who stay are players who truly love Juventus. Not to mention that most of these youngsters are the finest youngsters in Italy and by 2008 if things go naturally Juventus will have the biggest share in the Italian NT. So getting rid of Capello and the primadonas\old stars was definitly healthy for the team.

The Second Cancer: Unfriendly Management

Where do i start? from a site that never was taken care of or from an empty stadium?

The former adminstration has indeed braught alot of glory to this team but has also developed an iron wall between the club and the fans. It all started with kicking the Ultra groups out of the stadium and making the tickets more expencive.

Simple things as the club web site were not taken care of. And all they cared about was their relationship with the investors and not the real fans. We didnt have a TV channel untill they signed a contract for one last year. We dont have an official club forum nor weekly interviews with our stars like other clubs do. The petition we signed for an improved site was flushed down the toilet. Simple things that mean probably nothing to the club but mean alot to the fans like us.

I am recieving a good positive vibe from Mr.Gigli who's statements and interviews were all aimed at the fans. He is building up a new friendly relationship with the fans wich we definitly need now more than ever. Another positive thing that the relegation has baught.

The Future Is Bright:

With the youngsters, the money we will save from Vieira and CO wages. The contracts we managed to keep (Mediaset, Nike). The transfer fees for those who departed. We will be able to build a great team with great players able to restore the old values that this club has ever stood for. FORZ JUVE

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Capello biggest problem IMO is that he is totally inflexible. Ok, he isnt as bad as Zach, who IMO is by far the worst manager in the world, but he is up there.
Obviously, a manager has to have his own philosophy at times, but the matter of fact is different opposition throw different problems at you and you got make some adjustments. The moment to highlight is CL match against Liverpool. It is one thing to loose to a inferior opposition inspired for 30mins, but it is completely out of this world that there is a manager who believes punting 40 yard long balls to little Alex against giant figure of Hyypia is a way to go. Don Fabio, Del Piero is not Trez and you should not ask him to play like one. Why don't you realize that better teams should bring up their line and press the opposition?
And Emerson - Viera partnership was just terrible to watch both to oppostion and us. Doesn't Capello realize that soccer is not a rugby match, and being physically big doesnt give you the right to run over opposition. Of course, there is an element of physical battle everywhere you go, but the impression I got from CL competition is that the referees are more strict. That means technically teams are at an advantage. Having and squad of 11 6foot3 players doest help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)