Computers show how wind could have parted Red Sea (1 Viewer)

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
This is very old news Idk why it seems new now , anyways it explains it , all of you who are religious just look at it as God started the winds :D

OP
Naggar

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
  • Thread Starter #3
    It's pretty new to me..

but if it's true then at least this shuts up the mouthes that say it didn't (or couldn't) happen
    anyway, whether you're religous or not, I'm the kind that believes every miracle happened with scientific explainations, we found some and are yet to find the rest.. but then again religion and science can complete each other, not deny

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    I read about it but didnt make much sense. If there were strong winds to part sea, why didnt the same wind throw the peoeple crossing it?!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    People used to believe the Earth was flat, something like this is deemed a 'miracle', and maybe it is, of science but not god.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    I've always believed in the low-tide theory but interesting read :tup:

People used to believe the Earth was flat, something like this is deemed a 'miracle', and maybe it is, of science but not god.
    Science wished to save Moses and his people and wished to destroy the army of the Pharaoh?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Even if it's scientifically possible, it would still be a miracle for it to happen at that exact time. The issue though is that we don't really know it happened. It is quite likely that it is only a literary exaggeration. Who takes the Bible literally anyway?

What's truly disturbing here though is that people are actually doing research for this. Cure cancer, eliminate world hunger, create peace, don't waste time doing this.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
    What's truly disturbing here though is that people are actually doing research for this. Cure cancer, eliminate world hunger, create peace, don't waste time doing this.
    :tup: imagine how much money has been wasted jut to come up with an article that is only a possibility!

Apr 15, 2006
    Even if it's scientifically possible, it would still be a miracle for it to happen at that exact time. The issue though is that we don't really know it happened. It is quite likely that it is only a literary exaggeration. Who takes the Bible literally anyway?

That last part :tup: +rep

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

NCAR consists of atmospheric scientists. You want them trying to cure cancer?

Grow up.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004

And we shouldn't be spending millions or even hundreds of thousands on football players when that money can be used for curing cancer.

Great logic genius :tup:

OP
    Naggar

Naggar

Bianconero
    Sep 4, 2007
  • Thread Starter #17

So what?! as long as it's science
    much better than the money and time spent in football and such things

Scientists have been studying R. Carlos goal in France in the friendly before WC98 until these days and they finally found an explaination recently as I read, don't tell me they wasted 12 years

I agree that the things you mentioned are way more important, but we can't all work on curing cancer and bringing peace to earth, each in his own field

Science 1-0 god
    The church is the reason people see science and religion two opposite things.. but the church was run by a Pope, human with limited thinking
    it doesn't mean he was representing the point of view of all religion(s)

Like I said earlier, everything in life happened under scientific laws and with explaination, we just will always know too little relatively, sciences seem endless

leave the believer to his beliefs, as long as religious people don't burn scientists then you should respect their beliefs

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    NCAR consists of atmospheric scientists. You want them trying to cure cancer?

Grow up.
    So obviously personal, Andy. Don't be such a child. It's about funds. And it was never going to be a complete list. I obviously just named three examples. One of which you actually COULD do something about by the way. You could play a role in eliminating world hunger.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    So what?! as long as it's science
    much better than the money and time spent in football and such things

Scientists have been studying R. Carlos goal in France in the friendly before WC98 until these days and they finally found an explaination recently as I read, don't tell me they wasted 12 years

I agree that the things you mentioned are way more important, but we can't all work on curing cancer and bringing peace to earth, each in his own field
    As said before, they were only examples. These people should be doing something else, rather than spending time and money for research that is idiotic from the start. Even if they somehow come up with an acceptable theory of how the winds could have parted the Red Sea it means nothing. It could be used for and against religion, it does not make the story any less impressive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)