Community Shield (1 Viewer)

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
A very entertaining match, what was best was seeing all the young players get a game and make it very exciting.

Just made me think, at Juve most of these players would be loaned/sold in exchange for age 30+ players :down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Speaking of 30+ year olds, Bergkamp was terrific yesterday. Although he's rapidly nearing the end of his career he's definitely one of the best passers of the ball.

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Speaking of 30+ year olds, Bergkamp was terrific yesterday. Although he's rapidly nearing the end of his career he's definitely one of the best passers of the ball.
I don't know about Wenger, but if it's up to me I'd extend his contract if he keeps it up. His shots also seem to be always on target.......Bergkamp's still got it. :cool:

And that Fabregas didn't do anything wrong the whole game. Reyes was great.......I wonder how much Arsenal paid for him after Wenger's initial offer was ridiculed. Ashley Cole = World Class LB and Clichy is quickly approaching that status.

On the other side, Smith was good, but I'd rather see him playing behind the strikers as he did in Leeds.......he's much more enjoyable there.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Reyes was great.......I wonder how much Arsenal paid for him after Wenger's initial offer was ridiculed.
About £15m, IIRC

Ashley Cole = World Class LB and Clichy is quickly approaching that status.
Cole is excellent, though a little shakey on occasion. Clichy is far from ready for a starting berth, much less a world class tag. If you need proof, watch the FA Cup semifinal from last year. Ronaldo tore him a new arsehole.

On the other side, Smith was good, but I'd rather see him playing behind the strikers as he did in Leeds.......he's much more enjoyable there.
Smith could make a huge impact at Man Utd. I though he was the best buy Ferguson made since he bought van Nistelrooy.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

I don't know about Wenger, but if it's up to me I'd extend his contract if he keeps it up. His shots also seem to be always on target.......Bergkamp's still got it. :cool:
yeah but the player himself doesnt want more than a one year contract.

Reyes was great.......I wonder how much Arsenal paid for him after Wenger's initial offer was ridiculed
17M

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Cole is excellent, though a little shakey on occasion. Clichy is far from ready for a starting berth, much less a world class tag. If you need proof, watch the FA Cup semifinal from last year. Ronaldo tore him a new arsehole.
I see.......never watched that semi.

Reyes deserves that price tag imo.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Fabregas was solid in midfield, and Reyes was also very impressive. It's good to see him living up to his price tag and expectations. Cole is supreme, there's no two ways about it. He showed the world just how good he is in Portugal this summer, and was simply majestic against United in the Community Shield. Some of the challenges he made on Bellion were out of this world. Smith is a good acquisition for Man U. Nice goal.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
after seeing Fabregas against Man utd in the community shield match,and seeing him a lot in the Fa cup last season,IMO he could be an ok replacement for Vieira,i mean lets face it he cant defend half as good as Vieira,but IMO his passes and long balls are better than Vieira(who by the way might move to Real next thursday).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)