Comments during the Match (1 Viewer)

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
I suggest to use the chatroom during match. because doing this thru this thread is not really real time. Beside that the database will be filled with the information which is not really needed!. Ofcourse we can you use the thread to submit things before and after the game.
During the game we chat about the events that are not importent if the event is passed, so it would ben nice if we use a chatroom, I don't know if we have one but if don't have we can always download one for free.

Webmasters please do something...

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JuveBoy

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Look:
    If we use thread based chat then I, I guess everyone, has to refresh his or her browser to see the new comments.

During the game I refreshing my browser almost 3 times a minute, which is quite alot! And if you want to submit two times then you got to wait for at least60 sec in between.

Sep 28, 2002
    i think forums are better because some members cannot participate in live discussions in the chat-room and for some of them it might be interesing to read them in forums after match.

OP
    JuveBoy

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    There are always two or three persons who give comments during the game, so it would be easy to join in and ask questions.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    I prefer forums, not chat.
    First of all: have you ever tried it? I did, and I had times, when I couldnt log in there to participate in convo.

Then, when many people talks there, it's hard to catch everything.
    People who give comments, wouldnt have time to reply.

And the most important: here I can read everyting after the match, I can read comments, and all.
    And the chat: everything will disapear, so not that's what I need.
    It's not that I can come here during every match.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Yes... We tried chat once an it didnt worked... well it worked..... but we will lost the essence of following the game in the thread.. that is very entertaining... and i love to read the whole thread once the game ends....

so we will e missing too mnay importanta messages that people pòst.

Of course we will have negatives points like the one which ocurred today.. but ill stay with the forum posting.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I think the forum is better, because we're an international community, and if we have a chatroom, lots of people (including myself) who aren't awake during the matches miss out on the whole conversation.

It's helpful to be able to come back and read how we were all feeling at the time.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Yeah, that's a very good point Gray. If people were unable to come onto the internet when the game was being played they would miss everything, but if we post in the forums they can go to the particular thread and read whatever they want to any time.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    I think the forum is better, because we're an international community, and if we have a chatroom, lots of people (including myself) who aren't awake during the matches miss out on the whole conversation.

It's helpful to be able to come back and read how we were all feeling at the time.
    Yes, Exatly Exactly!!!!

I use this forum to read up about what happend during te match because most games are played at like 2.30am :stress: in my local time.

So chat room for me would defeat the pourpose of everything. Cos if i can't watch the match at that time, then neither can i prticipate in the chat session.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Forum for me coz I always like to peruse through to find out different perspectives of the game from different viewers after the match.
    I think the forum has enriched my enjoyment of matches because I have been able to be more critical about a match - It's added another dimension to watching a game. This applies even when I am watching the match while not at the forum.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    I think he meant the chat room was for just during the match... so pre match stuff and Post match reviews, commentes analysis etc will still be in the forum.

Cos during the match itself...... the forum ..... well it kinda act's like a chatroom.......lots of short little posts

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
    Why dont we do a thread before the match, another during the match, and one about comments and reviews.
    I remember the "Pre match" and "Post match" Threads from before..........

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ??? ok, i think i'm too new to know what it was like before.

But basically ...... for me. i don't care much for the format etc.... as long as the gd info like what we have now is there for me to read, That's fine. I don't mind sifting through strange, confusing posts.

I'm kinda used to it actually :p

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
    I would rather stick to the forums.

I don't mind chatting if there are only a few people, but when there are too many, it kinda gets difficult to read through what people type. And it is especially difficult trying to follow a match and do commentary at the same time too (I tried that I know).

At least when you post, you can take your own sweet time, and you can read throught he pages you've missed after the match. You cannot do that in the chat room where messages keep coming in every now and then.

OP
    JuveBoy

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    We can also make a chatroom that keeps the posts and shows it as temporary thread after the game and deletes it after 2 or 3 days!

My point is that during the game it is really irritant to refresh(reload) the Internet browser. Or wait at least 60sec until you can post you second consecutive post!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)