Coming to Stockholm on wednesday? (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Loadsa reasons actually

1. We are nowhere near good enough to get anywhere in the Cl anyway, it would save future embarassment by not even getting there

2. If we win we won't be signing anyone, if we lose then perhaps it will finally hammer home the fact that we aren't good enough

3. I quite fancy our chances of making the latter stages of the UEFA cup with a couple of signings.. its our only realistic hope of a trophy with the current squad

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Loadsa reasons actually

1. We are nowhere near good enough to get anywhere in the Cl anyway, it would save future embarassment by not even getting there
but would also cause huge financial losses for not qualifiying.

2. If we win we won't be signing anyone, if we lose then perhaps it will finally hammer home the fact that we aren't good enough
for the reason mentioned above, not only we wont sign anyone, but might as well be forced to sell

3. I quite fancy our chances of making the latter stages of the UEFA cup with a couple of signings.. its our only realistic hope of a trophy with the current squad
true that, but id rather suck see juve in cl, its not about winning shitty trophies, its also about being among the best.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Actually if we win we might sign one or two player(s), and if we lose not that we won't sign anyone, but we will also sell.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Vil, you're right in essence that we'll lose out financially, but looking at it another way its not so bad. If you look at the fact that most our rivals have been spending money, be it in terms of wages, signing on fees or just transfers, these clubs are obviously gearing up for a good shot at the CL. If they didn't qualify, you might say they'd be in a bit of trouble financially, but since we havent even spent money this summer I can't see it putting us in any worse a position than anyone else on the financial side of things.

I also think the term 'forced to sell' belongs to a 4th division side struggling to stay afloat, not a giant of world football which we still are. We wouldn't be forced into selling anyone, though hopefully we'd start to remove some of the players earning ridiculous wages yet not really deserving them, and replace them with younger players that can play tidy football and won't eat up most of our income with silly levels of pay.

As for the last point well thats up to you, personally I am dreading seeing us play someone like Chelsea or Arsenal in the Cl and being torn apart, and having it smeared all over the tabloids and the tv here in the UK. I'd rather we just played against teams that we can compete with, sadly I fear that is the UEFA cup for us this season, barring some last minute deals.

I reckon overall that failure to qualify for the Cl might be a blessing in disguise, just think of the fan protests etc, Moggi would have to do something

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
I've got a feeling that if we win in Stockholm we'll improve the team with a few signings. A loss would mean no new faces and a season without highlights.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
we will make a lot of money if we qualify to the CL. from each game +tv deal. at least 6 milions am sure we get more than that.
It is stupid not to wish the club join CL :rolleyes:
Btw i don't think that we are that bad team.maybe zebina will be enough for the defence maybe legro can perform better this season.
I am just telling that i still believe in our team ;) especially our new strong midfield

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
we will make a lot of money if we qualify to the CL. from each game +tv deal. at least 6 milions am sure we get more than that.
It is stupid not to wish the club join CL :rolleyes:
Btw i don't think that we are that bad team.maybe zebina will be enough for the defence maybe legro can perform better this season.
I am just telling that i still believe in our team ;) especially our new strong midfield
Our midfield will be stronger with the signing of Emerson, but our defense will be the same ol' disaster as last year's. Everytime Montero or Ferrara steps on the park for us, another nick or bump adds more age to an already ancient body (in footballing terms), which is hardly suited for the demands of a Juventus season. If you think Montero was bad last season, wait untill you see him this season. (sorry Tom)

Actually having another miserable year might be a blessing in disguise as someone said. Moggi would be forced to sell and make changes. But wait, who is he gonna sell? Nobody will buy Nedved or Thuram for a substantial amount after another miserable year, Moggi will not sell Alex, and Trezeguet has already renewed his contract. I think it was a mistake by Moggi not to sell some of these players this summer.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Nobody will buy Nedved or Thuram for a substantial amount after another miserable year, Moggi will not sell Alex, and Trezeguet has already renewed his contract. I think it was a mistake by Moggi not to sell some of these players this summer.
You're right there. Moggi needs a good kick up the arse cos to be honest, his reputation as the best is absolutely ludicrous given his performance over the past few years.

And no probs about the montero thing, I think we're all willing to accept that he and Ferrara will probably only get worse now, with age.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

You want to back up this argument with anything other than a green face with rolling eyeballs?
Didn't mean to offend u :angel: but i don't agree the idea
like i told u.we will lose a lot of money if we don't qualify.

U never know that.it's not by spending money on players but it's with the performance of the players.I mean we have huge squad but most of them performed bad last season.i don't blame the whole mistake on defenders.davids had important role defensivlly.but now we have blasi emerson.

If we won't play CL next season.y we will sign another players??Capello will see what happens in serie a.and if things went wrong he will buy players @ winter.I don't agree that capello or moggi will see what players we need on next match.they already know what we need or not.
maybe we need only time ;)

The most important thing is to qualify for CL to bring the cash in.UEFA cup will not help us :)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
I've got a feeling that if we win in Stockholm we'll improve the team with a few signings. A loss would mean no new faces and a season without highlights.
Moggi said that few days ago.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
It makes sense too. Why spend so much money on new players if you're not gonna feature in the CL. I'd rather wait for next summer and get quality players. Moggi fvcked up though by not buying players early enough to be registered for the CL Quals. Lets say he buys 3 new players right now. They wouldnt be allowed to play in the CL Qual. Smart choice by Moggi to wait, but my only worry is: if we qualify, what players are left to buy......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)