Collina new referee designator? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
We knew it was coming and I'm expecting a lot of yellows and reds against our beloved Juve. :cry: Milan(Meani) and Lazio(admitted he was a fan...game vs Perugia in the rain...) should be thrilled.

Moggi questions Collina

Ex-Juventus managing director Luciano Moggi has spoken out against former referee Pierluigi Collina by claiming he shouldn’t be the new referee designator.

Having been one of football’s most recognised and respected officials, Collina is currently working as a voluntary consultant for the Italian Football Referees Association.

According to widespread rumours, the Bologna-born financial advisor is almost certain to be handed the task of designating referees to matches next term.

The post of designator grabbed the nation’s attention during the Calciopoli scandal when it emerged that Moggi had been making telephone calls to Paolo Bergamo to request certain referees.

However, Moggi, who is the most recognisable face of Calciopoli, has cast a shadow over the 47-year-old’s credentials.

“I always said Collina was an excellent referee, but I really don’t think he should be the designator for the coming season because there were intercepted telephone calls between him and directors of certain clubs,” he told Radio Kiss Kiss.

The 70-year-old continued to criticise the state of calcio by insisting that the game had done nothing to purge itself of corruption since last summer’s events.

“Ex-FIGC President Guido Rossi said that without Moggi and Antonio Giraudo football would heal itself, but instead nothing has changed,” he insisted.

“There’s a strange idea of justice given that the same people are running the game as were 20 years ago.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
:irritated

Collina set to take charge of Italian referees

MILAN, July 6 (Reuters) - Former top official Pierluigi Collina is poised to become Italy's new referees' secretary in a move designed to clean up their image following last year's match-fixing scandal.

Collina, famous for his bald pate and bulging eyes, was widely regarded as the world's best referee and officiated many top matches including the 2002 World Cup final.

The 47-year-old retired in 2005 and became a financial advisor but will now appoint referees for matches instead, with his new role set to be confirmed next week.

"Collina was for six years the best in the world because he prepared for each match in a perfect manner," referees' chief Cesare Gussoni told Friday's Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Now he will be able to transfer his knowledge to a relatively young group but one that can grow a lot."

Reuters

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    since it's not confirmed I added the question mark but if it's to f*ck up Juve then he'll be appointed.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Collina is a thief. Every interecepted phone call between Collina and Moratti/Fachetti mysteriously disappered thanks to the crack team at Telecom Italia. Fucking thieves.

Moggi is god.

Mali

Aug 24, 2006
    I'd rather being optimist that the refereeing standard would be better when he is in charge...

But i'm curious though that we were convicted to match-fixing, does anyone here knows which match that we were convicted to???

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    I'd rather being optimist that the refereeing standard would be better when he is in charge...

But i'm curious though that we were convicted to match-fixing, does anyone here knows which match that we were convicted to???
    long story with no proof to say we fixed games. For them the sum of suspicious phone calls with no proof results in putting Juve in B with point deductions, 2 scudetti revoked and loss of many players.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Collina hates Juve with passion, but honestly, u are not expecting the refs to be fair this year, dont you?
    Whatever the case maybe be the refs will stand in our way, we are going to be slaughtered as never before...a fact waiting to happen!

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Audi, Opel what's the difference? :lol2:

Your windows decoration is similar to the one I am using.

Gaim? Why?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)