Collina and Opel (1 Viewer)

cuore

Aug 10, 2005
The world’s most famous referee penned a contract with car manufacturers Opel this summer – the same company that sponsors Milan – sparking debate in the Italian Press about his impartiality.

“If this is the climate that is building around this issue, then we will make a sacrifice and give up the chance to have the best referee in the world take part in our Serie A and Coppa Italia games,” noted Milan chief Adriano Galliani in the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I don’t think there’s anything scandalous about it, as in England referees are sponsored by Emirates and so are Chelsea. The reaction has proved to me once again than in Italy the attitude is different. We have to find a solution and I doubt Collina can suddenly tear up his contract with Opel, while football cannot lose its best official.”

Galliani – who is also head of the Lega Calcio – believes the only way out of this impasse is to ensure Collina is never in a position to favour Milan.

“If in Italy there are directors, referees, journalists and fans who think Collina can be affected by a sponsor that is also tied to a club, then he can carry on his career without including Milan.”

However, it’s possible that won’t be enough, as he could be accused of favouring the Rossoneri indirectly with ‘damaging’ decisions against their direct opponents in the Scudetto chase.

Tullio Lanese, President of the AIA (Italian Referees’ Association) pointed out that this was a storm in a teacup. “It’s true that Collina should have alerted us before signing a sponsorship contract, but if he had tied himself to any other car manufacturer – for example Toyota or Mazda, who also sponsor Serie A clubs – then nobody would’ve batted an eyelid.”

Source: Football Italia

I didn't even know referees were sponsored.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
cuore

cuore

Aug 10, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    so he thinks this guy has the making to become a new nicole
    ****...that doesn't sound good. Tell me what i'm doing wrong and I'll stop.

;)

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Im impressed. Don just summarized Nicole in a sentence. Speaking of Nicole, she hasnt been on for a while. We she be at?

OP
    cuore

cuore

Aug 10, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6
    Is Nicole a Juve fan?

consider this the last Milan thread I start. Unless we win lo scudetto or CL.

Dec 27, 2003
    Cuore, don't listen to Bessiana, I've just noticed he's being a grinch of late. Let your heart speak and remember that every gobbo on here is very attent to anything concerning the Diavolo, even if they'll never admit it.

OP
    cuore

cuore

Aug 10, 2005
  • Thread Starter #12
    hmm.. Well Don Bes is from Toronto and Kaiser Franco is a Milan fan.

I think I will keep posting about le rossoneri.

I ****ing hate Toronto. (sorry Bes, I don,t mean to insult you in any way, its a leafs/habs thing)

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
    Cuore, don't listen to Bessiana, I've just noticed he's being a grinch of late. Let your heart speak and remember that every gobbo on here is very attent to anything concerning the Diavolo, even if they'll never admit it.
    Baresi, shame on your team.

The way carletto send your evil forces to injurie Nedved and Buffon was simply pathetic.

This is the new Milan style of play ????....Maldini, he used to be a fair player....

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by cuore ] ++
    hmm.. Well Don Bes is from Toronto and Kaiser Franco is a Milan fan.

I think I will keep posting about le rossoneri.

I ****ing hate Toronto. (sorry Bes, I don,t mean to insult you in any way, its a leafs/habs thing)
    Keep posting Rossoneri and bashing Toronto (I hate the Argos, Ti-Cat/Argos thing :D), but please don't put down the Leafs.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    bore us with every aspect of your life and/or your favourite team
    What are you talking about? This has a broader implication for the FIGC, Serie A and football in general.

As for this issue, something must be done. You cant stop referees from being sponsored. But you cant have Collina and Milan associated in any way either.

Should Opel be forbidden from showing them together in marketing campaigns?

Dec 27, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

Baresi, shame on your team.

The way carletto send your evil forces to injurie Nedved and Buffon was simply pathetic.

This is the new Milan style of play ????....Maldini, he used to be a fair player....
    What are you talking about?

Oh, the Berlusca Trophy. Well I haven't seen it but I read that we outclassed you in the second half. And Nedved isn't exactly mister Fair Play, so if for once he was indeed fouled, it's called retribution.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
    Im impressed. Don just summarized Nicole in a sentence. Speaking of Nicole, she hasnt been on for a while. We she be at?
    I have no interest in "boring" everyone anymore, so this shall be my last post in a long time, if I post again, it means someone else is posting.

Goodbye

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

I have no interest in "boring" everyone anymore, so this shall be my last post in a long time, if I post again, it means someone else is posting.

Goodbye
    :down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)