College and University (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

:confused:
Shocking yet true. Can't stand the dissapointment of failing that test.

May consider getting into a University in USA or Australia. But it's best to enter into a local U,

OP
Henry

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Nah man I go to Penn State University, the 10th best Public Uni in the country, not the University of Pennsylvania. The latter is an Ivy League school which has the best business school in the country. U Penn is a little bit out of my "league". :D

but don't they have a campus in Philly? If I went to Curtis, which is in Philly, we could meet up sometime and watch a Juve game or something.
    lol-if I get in to Curtis, which is basically all music, I can take classes at U-Penn for free without even applying:eek: bloody cool, as I doubt I would be accepted to U-Penn if I had to apply. and Penn state is a very good school! I got a brochure view-book from them, and it looked very competitive! what do you think of the football team :D

OP
    Henry

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

Well I applied to four universities in Florida, so far I have got into two of them.

The other university says the won't accept me until next year so I won't bother with that one.

Well, I applied before I did my SAT's and got accepted before my SAT results came out. I got in based on my High School Transcripts, which is not of the USA system, but of the British system (Cambridge/GCE).

But for a schol, I believe you need the SAT's and above a certain grade.

For example, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University told me that I will need 1350 or higher to obtain a scholarship.

as far as I know, there are no schools that have an official SAT cut-off score, although maybe for a scholarship... and we also have to send in our transcripts (which is difficult as a homeschooler) but the transcripts are not standardised like in the UK from what I remember. I hate the SATs! I took it for the third time in October, and the day I was supossed to get my score, there were so many people on the site that the fecking thing crashed for most of the day! bloody annoying! now I have to do SAT-2s....probably feck them up

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++

but don't they have a campus in Philly? If I went to Curtis, which is in Philly, we could meet up sometime and watch a Juve game or something.
    lol-if I get in to Curtis, which is basically all music, I can take classes at U-Penn for free without even applying:eek: bloody cool, as I doubt I would be accepted to U-Penn if I had to apply. and Penn state is a very good school! I got a brochure view-book from them, and it looked very competitive! what do you think of the football team :D
    Our soccer team is the best side in the Big Ten I think, so we are doing rather well. We have a bunch of foreigners playing, so that always helps. :D

OP
    Henry

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #26
    that's for sure! americans still just don't cut it 90 % of the time ;) hopefully that will change soon though!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
    and astronomy are also possibilities if I did a double major at Yale or Johns-Hopkins.
    I like astronomy a lot, Im thinking of doing aerospace engineering and then something related to astronomy. The problem is that you gotta be veeery smart or at least veeery good in math to do well

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

I like astronomy a lot, Im thinking of doing aerospace engineering and then something related to astronomy. The problem is that you gotta be veeery smart or at least veeery good in math to do well
    Come to Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona.

Its the best university for it's field in the States.

The weather will suite you.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++

Come to Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona.

Its the best university for it's field in the States.

The weather will suite you.
    Whats the website? what score do you need in the sat?

I liked Daytona a lot, but the beach isnt that special. The waves were big though

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by BayernFussball ] ++
    but the funny thing about that is I "passed" it with a 65, but when i added up the grades and divided, my average was a 54.

thats why I said this: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA"
    And that was the easiest subject for you?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Physics was the easiest subject for me my senior year in HS. AHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.
    Huh? How come your test scores were hovering around Juventus' number of Scudetti then? :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    but the funny thing about that is I "passed" it with a 65, but when i added up the grades and divided, my average was a 54.

thats why I said this: "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA"
    That seems a bit suspicious to me. Did Mr. Munday recieve a little donation on your part? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)