College and University (1 Viewer)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I'm a senior (the year before college or university) in the US, and I was thinking that those of us that are applying or are enrolled in University could give there thoughts on the admissions process, all the stupid tests you have to take (SAT, etc), what college you are currently attending, what you think of certain schools, etc.
I will be applying to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, Peabody (the music school at Hopkins), Yale, and maybe the Curtis Institute of Music. The only place I have a chance of getting in to is Peabody, but my first choices are Curtis and then Yale. I will probably major in violin performance, but history (Middle Eastern-Islamic, Chinese, Russian) and astronomy are also possibilities if I did a double major at Yale or Johns-Hopkins.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Those are some rather prestigious schools man. Hopefully Yale will accept you. :thumb:

I pretty much have always wanted to go to Penn State, as it has everything to offer, including a meteorology program. My SAT's were not as good as I hoped, but I still got admitted to Penn State and that's all that matters. I'm thinking about meteorology or International Business for my major, although if possible I would love to unite meteorology and business/actuarial science, in one lucrative field. I just started my freshman year last September. :)

OP
Henry

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    yeah-first year at university or in high school.
    Andy-congrats on getting in to Penn! are you at their campus in Philly?
    lol-I don't have a chance for Yale, but thanks anyway!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
    yeah-first year at university or in high school.
    Andy-congrats on getting in to Penn! are you at their campus in Philly?
    lol-I don't have a chance for Yale, but thanks anyway!
    Nah man I go to Penn State University, the 10th best Public Uni in the country, not the University of Pennsylvania. The latter is an Ivy League school which has the best business school in the country. U Penn is a little bit out of my "league". :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I'd like to join the Penn University , as i got my friend over there i guess his major is Business Manegment or Hotel Manegment. Anyhow there's alot of options in United States, anyhow Good Luck:)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
    I'm a senior (the year before college or university) in the US, and I was thinking that those of us that are applying or are enrolled in University could give there thoughts on the admissions process, all the stupid tests you have to take (SAT, etc), what college you are currently attending, what you think of certain schools, etc.
    I will be applying to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, Peabody (the music school at Hopkins), Yale, and maybe the Curtis Institute of Music. The only place I have a chance of getting in to is Peabody, but my first choices are Curtis and then Yale. I will probably major in violin performance, but history (Middle Eastern-Islamic, Chinese, Russian) and astronomy are also possibilities if I did a double major at Yale or Johns-Hopkins.
    Well I applied to four universities in Florida, so far I have got into two of them.

The other university says the won't accept me until next year so I won't bother with that one.

Well, I applied before I did my SAT's and got accepted before my SAT results came out. I got in based on my High School Transcripts, which is not of the USA system, but of the British system (Cambridge/GCE).

But for a schol, I believe you need the SAT's and above a certain grade.

For example, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University told me that I will need 1350 or higher to obtain a scholarship.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Im applying to Boston University, I already filled out the application but I still gotta take the SAT (in december) and get my high school diploma and everything

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    I just decided Im staying here until july. Its too complicated to move elsewhere, so Ill just have to get used to the cold weather

Im only applying to BU, if I get in, thats awesome, if I dont then I go back to Caracas and live my life as planned

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    I just decided Im staying here until july. Its too complicated to move elsewhere, so Ill just have to get used to the cold weather

Im only applying to BU, if I get in, thats awesome, if I dont then I go back to Caracas and live my life as planned
    Yeah Fabi you'll get used to it. :D

You better get into BU Fabi, I'll teach you myself how to take the SAT if I have to. :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    For me they did because Ive forgotten lots of stuff since high school and in verbal theyre helping me a lot. I dont know half of the vocabulary there!

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    Help me then. I sense theyre gonna DESTROY me in verbal. Its too hard

And math, lets dont even talk about it
    Just buy an SAT book and practice. Also, learn as much words you can, especially from the High Frequency list. Although, to be honest, not all the words in the exam come from there.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    i have a question

for getting into college does freshmen year of high school, first semester, matter at all?

i wanna know if i can stop working so hard :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)