Collections (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
I am curious if someone is collecting things here.

When I was a kid I collected hockeycards. It was a big passion for me, and I wasn't alone everybody collected hockeycards, both boys and girls. I still haev them and I like to look at them once every year or so, it brings back many good memories from that time. It was also at the time when I started playing hockey. The combination of playing hockey every day and collecting hockey cards was very succesful and it got me stuck with hockey probably forever.
My favourite team became Pittsburgh probably because they were the best at the time. Jaromir Jagr was my favourite, I tried to get as many cards with him as possible. I also collected Espen Knutsen cards. Sadly I didn't manage to get a single Gretzky card.

Nowadays I'm not really collecting anything. But I have a lot of hats and caps, it has more or less become a hobby for me.

It was Juventino who inspired me to make this thread by the way. :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
When I was a little girl I used to collect Barbies. I had so many. I still like them. I always wanted to be a Barbie, lol.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
and i wanted to be a movable action-figure gi joe

then i figured out the gi joes dont get sex so i changed my mind

but then again......barbies and gi joes eh?

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
Who knows, Ive seen lots of people who use gi joes as Kens and have kids and stuff.
:D

i collect... post cards. the ones that are given away for free advertising stuff. it is funny when i go to university and pick all of them from the stand. about 200 of them at once. now i believe i have about 5000 of them. and about 1000 are complete the same. though i have couple interesting ones from sweden and usa

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
LOL. One day, I was at the movies and a friend and me went out to get some food and when we were going back we sneaked into the room where they keep the promotion posters and stuff, and we got a pack full of movie tickets (already used) of the same movie. it was cool, i still have em

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
LOL. One day, I was at the movies and a friend and me went out to get some food and when we were going back we sneaked into the room where they keep the promotion posters and stuff, and we got a pack full of movie tickets (already used) of the same movie. it was cool, i still have em

erhh, useless junk :D

(why am i not studying, it's 4 am in here)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
I collected backpacks, I love them. I had to get rid of my collection, cause I dont have space for it in my flat :frown:
I still have about 20 the best of them.

But I still have space for my postcards.
Whenever I am in some new place, I buy some for myself, it's a must for me. I love postcards with towns or places, which I visited.
And I get new cards from my friends, cause they know about this little hobby, so they send or buy them for me. And from other people, when I ask nicely about them :angel:

My last catches are postcards from Corsica and New York.
And I hope to get one from Scotland soon.

AnnA

May 14, 2003
I am colectting photos of nature, animals, plants.... I have them more than 1000!!!! :heart: I luv them!

Somebody wants to have some? PM me! ;)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
It was Juventino who inspired me to make this thread by the way. :)
wow, I feel honoured! :)

Well I was also collecting Hockey Cards, lol... Me and my brother were
the ones bringing and spread the hockey card collecting virus in our
town... LOL, would U believe me when I tell U that when I went to the Candy stores and etc. they asked me what Card company that is hot and what price that I think is ok for a pack! :D
Everyone was collecting... I became a real conartist during this
time, deceive ppl. trading more valuable cards with me, I even deceived
my cousins.... :down: :lol:

Before that, beeing much younger I was collecting "play marbles"...
It was huge when I was in 5th/6th grade... I didn't buy a single marble,
all I have today is from winning, I have a huge backpack full of marbles
in all kind of sizes and designs....

right now I'm not collecting anything special, eventhough my collection
of football jersies is beeing bigger for every year!!! :D

€lke

Dec 22, 2002
I collect 'letter paper' i don't know if you understand me, but I buy paper to write on in stead of a normal A4 white paper with lines....I adore it :D

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
I collect Bon Jovi's Albums, Picture discs, Cd's, Videos, everything...I have every record they ever made on CD, Album Single, even unreleased tracks....

I also collect teddy bears...

Aug 27, 2003
i collect linkin park stuff anywhere i go if find anythin to do with them im bound to have it...
i collect juventus stuff aswell :)...
i collect keychains from like every country that i go to ...
so basicly my room is filled up with juventus, linkin park and keychains..loooool

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's funny you should mention collectibles, I have a story that will shock some, anger some others, and the rest will just laugh at my misfortune.

Back in '80, when I was 10 years old, I collected everything. I mean everything. My entire weekly allowance used to go towards football, hockey, baseball cards and comic books. I used to keep them fairly neatly in my toy chest, so as not to be in anyone's way. Well, that summer, I went to Italy for 3 months to visit my relatives, and when I came back, the first thing I did was open my toy chest.

Well...............instead of my cards and comic books, my summer clothes were in there! I asked my mom what had happened, and she said that she needed room in my closet for other closthes, so she threw out all my stuff!! I was devastated. But that's not the worst part. As a child, you have a tendency to block out really traumatic things that happen in your life, only to have the floodgates open at the mere sight of something that unlocks your sub-consciense.

Fast forward to 1987, and for some reason, I decided I wanted to start collecting cards again. The first shop I visited had all of the expensive cards in a special case, the first one I pull out is a Wayne Gretzky rookie card. As soon as I looked at it, I had this weird feeling come over me. I took a look at the back of the card, and hockey collectors will know this, but the background of the card is a blue outline of a hockey skate that had all the information on it, along with a caricature of Wayne with his knees knocking nervously as the caption read "Wayne made his professional debut at the age of 17" So I asked the guy how much the card is worth, he tells me $450.00!! After catching my breath, I say to him"well, it doesnt matter, I had the French language cards anyway" and he says "Oh, you mean the O-pee-chee ones, how many do you have?" I said, "well I HAD 6 of them"
and he says" OH, those are worth 800.00 each"

I went home and proceeded to smoke a pack and a half of cigarettes in 2 hours.

Thankfully, I never put my original Beatles albums in that toy chest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)