CNN Showbiz Tonight* (1 Viewer)

May 25, 2006
Moving on now to what might possibly be the most fascinating family reality show since the Osbournes. :tup:

Are you ready for the "House of Carters," featuring Nick and Aaron Carter? Well, let me tell you, they've been making some big headlines over the past week.

And Nick, formerly of the Backstreet Boys, has just claimed he lost his virginity to Debra Lafave, the infamous Florida school teacher convicted of having sex with her teenage student. And heartthrob Aaron Carter got engaged to Nick's former girlfriend, a "Playboy" playmate, and then broke it off a week later. :weee:

And he's shaking his head no. So we'll find out about that. :frown:

Did we mention them fighting over dating Paris Hilton? Take a look at this. ;)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

NICK CARTER, "HOUSE OF CARTERS": Why I don't trust my brother? Why he doesn't respect me? I'm going to tell you why. Because when I broke up with Paris, this guy takes her out, gets her (EXPLETIVE DELETED).

The next day I find her on the phone in the car. And who is it? It's his phone taking a picture of her. Her! :choc:

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HAMMER: All right. That quiet little scene is from the new E! reality show "House of Carters." And look who's here, Aaron and Nick Carter. :shocked:

Thanks for stopping by, guys.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Thanks for having us.

HAMMER: Nice to see you.

What the heck was going on there?

N. CARTER: Brotherly love. Brother love. :)

A. CARTER: Yes, that's how we express our emotions. :D

N. CARTER: Yes.

HAMMER: I'm sad for both of you right now. Is that -- is that pretty -- does that pretty much exemplify what is going on in this show? I mean, that's a little dysfunctional if it's love.

N. CARTER: It kind of sums it up. Well, you know, the funny -- it is. Our family life has always been dysfunctional. But the idea is to fix that, to communicate better, to have a -- to work towards a normal family. And that's what we're trying to do in this show.

A. CARTER: I think we're doing a good job. :pint:

N. CARTER: We definitely -- we've -- I mean, we reconcile and we've gotten the things out that, you know, that I didn't know about. And we're good now. We're great. :eyebrows:

HAMMER: Well, by way of background, you guys have had a rough time of it over the years despite your individual successes. :p

I mean, you, of course, were a massive superstar with the Backstreet Boys. Now you're at a bit of a crossroads in your life and have had some sordid family history. :faq1:

And I know, Aaron, that you at one point had tried to emancipate yourself from your mother, and then the whole thing that we just talked about, I mentioned the idea that you were engaged to and broke it off with Nick's former girlfriend.

A. CARTER: It was never his girlfriend. I promise you that.

HAMMER: OK. Setting the record straight.

(CROSSTALK)

A. CARTER: There was something, but it wasn't ever a girlfriend situation. No. But I didn't find out until after -- after the case. :confused2

HAMMER: OK. So it was all innocent.

A. CARTER: Yes.

HAMMER: You would never have stepped on his toes if you knew they had actually been dating?

N. CARTER: No.

HAMMER: Let me ask you guys this, because I'm always curious when I see these family reality shows. And pretty much ever since "The Osbournes," I have wondered, especially when there's so much personal stuff involved, why put it out there for the world to see?

N. CARTER: Well, in this particular case, you know, I thought about the same thing. And I thought, you know, well, we're -- we are a family who grew up in the spotlight and pretty much a business family, a music business family.

And our family had kind of been destroyed from it, from the business, just separated. And obviously we had our problems with our mother and father in the past, too.

But this will give us an opportunity to -- and maybe other people -- to look at us and maybe relate in some ways and say, hey, we're not that bad, either. You know? And we're working towards fixing our family because I think all problems stem from the families.

HAMMER: Yes. And money and fame doesn't buy you all the happiness.

I have to ask you this, because I get home and flip on the Howard Stern radio program and I hear you reveal to the world that at the age of 15, you lost your virginity to the woman who is now known as Debra Lafave, who had a sexual relationship with a teenage student. I hear that, I hear that you're engaged to -- and breaking off a relationship with a "Playboy" playmate within just a week.

A lot of people might say, oh, here they have a new TV show coming on. Big publicity stunt.

N. CARTER: Right. Right. Right.

Well, you know, the way that we respond to that is that our lives have always been followed, you know, no matter what we were doing, even when we weren't trying to, you know, be out there and do stuff. There was always, like, tabloid stuff on our mother, stuff on him, stuff on me.

A. CARTER: But we were never -- we were never putting any of this stuff out. We were trying to avoid it, always.

HAMMER: And now you're -- and now, as long as they're going to follow you, let's just put it all out there.

A. CARTER: Exactly. Exactly.

HAMMER: All right. Fair enough.

N. CARTER: Hey, you want it, you got it.

A. CARTER: You got it.

HAMMER: Nick and Aaron Carter, I appreciate you joining us tonight.

N. CARTER: No problem.

HAMMER: Thanks very much.

Their new show is called "House of Carters". It premiers Monday night on E! for an hour.

CNN.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
CNN ruined news long ago. After the first Gulf War, they've been a disaster -- firing all their correspondents with any experience or credibility to replace them with young bubble-headed lookalikes who will give out executive blowjobs rather than draw a salary for the privilege of being on the air.

But CNN isn't purely at fault either. It's also true that viewers have proven that they aren't interested in news so much as infotainment. So that is what they're delivering now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)