Claudio Ranieri (6 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Capello would have been ideal here.Three DMs,two tall strikers..exactly what he loves.Im sure he would have grinded out results far better than Ranieri.My basic criticism of Ranieri comes from the fact that we are still not guaranteed a CL spot.The team lead by Ranieri is still hanging on the edge,and a couple ofbad perfrances,added by a couple of good performances by Milan and Fiorentina,and we could out of the top 4.i dont think this'll happen.as Fiorentina lack the temperament of a big club thus they'd stumble eventually,but im not ruling out ending 4th with Milan overtaking us.I expected Ranieri to take us into the top 4 comfortably,and TBH,we havent done that.We've been looking over our shoulders nervously for a while now,and what's keeping us in the Top 4 is Fiorentina's top level inexperience,not our brilliance.Besdies,Ranieri has not achieved anything in his career to suggest that'd he'd bring titles to us.He can be a good squad developor,but hey,he even did that at clubs like Chelsea and Valencia - two clubs that were never the strongest in thei own leage.With Juventus he had to step up a level,and he failed to do that.Ranieri cannot succeed at a top level club which has been used to constant success.The supporters have been used to titles,unlike the supporters at Valencia and Chelsea,and thus we need a winner.Ranieri isnt one.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Capello would have been ideal here.Three DMs,two tall strikers..exactly what he loves.Im sure he would have grinded out results far better than Ranieri.My basic criticism of Ranieri comes from the fact that we are still not guaranteed a CL spot.The team lead by Ranieri is still hanging on the edge,and a couple ofbad perfrances,added by a couple of good performances by Milan and Fiorentina,and we could out of the top 4.i dont think this'll happen.as Fiorentina lack the temperament of a big club thus they'd stumble eventually,but im not ruling out ending 4th with Milan overtaking us.I expected Ranieri to take us into the top 4 comfortably,and TBH,we havent done that.We've been looking over our shoulders nervously for a while now,and what's keeping us in the Top 4 is Fiorentina's top level inexperience,not our brilliance.Besdies,Ranieri has not achieved anything in his career to suggest that'd he'd bring titles to us.He can be a good squad developor,but hey,he even did that at clubs like Chelsea and Valencia - two clubs that were never the strongest in thei own leage.With Juventus he had to step up a level,and he failed to do that.Ranieri cannot succeed at a top level club which has been used to constant success.The supporters have been used to titles,unlike the supporters at Valencia and Chelsea,and thus we need a winner.Ranieri isnt one.
couldnt of said it better myself + rep

Apr 29, 2006
I-know-what-to-write-so-please-fire-Ranieri!
I have always held the hope that if we pressure the management we will see some actions being taken. Juventus is a team that just cannot prosper or exist without supporters and the last thing they would like to do now is loose the faith in the team and management.
I hope they are planning a long awaited present this summer. A new hope for the future if you will. Don't get me wrong I do not hate Ranieri, I just think he ain't smart enough. It seems like the 'Tinkerman' does not have the capabilities to think anymore.
I want Lippi - not Mourinho - LIPPI. Nothing more, nothing less. And I am sure that the management is aware that 99% of the supporters want the same. So the only problem I see with them getting Lippi is fulfilling his to-buy list. And hopefully they are working on that (saving money from garage sales and garden parties lol)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
http://www.goal.com/it/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=617525

Look at that article, i don't have the time to translate it but i must say, i'm really feeling bitter about this, and it goes as far as that i'm ashamed of what that 'fan' is writing;
In short words, he's written a letter to juventus in which he states that he quit his membership and will 'boycott' supporting juve-sponsors and merchandising because ranieri stated that: "In case we should play uefa cup, we will do our best" (literally quote). Now to this fan, this was SO disapponting to write doen that letter...

I don't have the words to describe how idiotic that is... but i'm sure some of the members of this forum agree completely... I just want you to point at bayern munich; they failed to qualify for CL last year but look at them now. they won their last uefa-cup game 5-0 and just take a look at their squad now!! If a similar situation would happen to juve, i'd just be thankful; I'd rather win Uefa-Cup (or getting further at least) than get my ass kicked by a liverpool-like team in CL. I can't really understand why people are so fixed to this idea of playing CL... but hey, just my 2 cents...
Well first of all about the Ranieri comment ( which i didn't read anywhere tbh), its very disappointing and i don't blame the fan.However the coach wouldn't have said that if he knows that this is way below the expectations of the board. The idiots up top should be the ones who put him in line.

Secondly about the uefa cup, the cup doesn't hold any prestige anymore. You think if Bayern win all three competitions they would get some plaudits on winning the Uefa cup ? I wouldn't think so, Sevilla has been dominating it for two years and i dont see them winning the league or doing well in the CL even though they have retained their squad. The Bayern example is weak because the only player they got who had the chance of playing the CL was Ribery and he was so hesitant its not even funny.Toni was already playing the uefa cup and he wanted to leave italy and we know how easy its for them to get german players. We do not have that luxury, we need to offer the players something more as you forget we do not have the extra cash.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
u mean Tiago would play more with Jose in charge?
No thanks for me....5 starts, and 11 league games + coppa

result = nothing.. Momo showed more with 3 starts and 6 games in total.
so? if you were smart you would corelate the distance between each of tiagos games and show that hes the one who has been missed treated and should start ahead of fucking sissoko.

sometimes, you ranieri arse-bandits just try and find any old excuse.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
As if we didn't expect this from you :lol2:
I won`t even comment on that.
My comment was not about Jose, but towards Tiago and his play so far as he did not prove enough besides many chances. That is all..However I never called any our player with bad names, unlike most of you..

In short you can not compare Jose and Ranieri, as results speaks for itself, and i would never say opposite. But here by some of you it looks like im on this forum just for CR.
You are so wrong..

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
so? if you were smart you would corelate the distance between each of tiagos games and show that hes the one who has been missed treated and should start ahead of fucking sissoko.

sometimes, you ranieri arse-bandits just try and find any old excuse.
are you saying that Tiago in 11 games showed more talent and more potential than Momo?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
No manager will be able to satisfy the fans desires. Because the key word here is: Unreasonable desires.
when RUINeri keep blabbing all season about securing a CL spot.......

Lippi wouldn't do jack shit with this squad, I am convinced of this. Capello and Mourinho too.
Perhaps, but they would've done much better in picking players and creating a squad. That's always been Capello's biggest strength; completing a squad.
school the boy, Dom !! :pint:

:beer:

I never thought I would agree about Capello......

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Guys you are forgetting one thing that I mentioned much earlier than now.
At the beginning of the season we all accepted a 3rd/4th place in Serie A.
But it went very well at the begin, that the team (incl. Ranieri) said that we have a chance of winning the title. Especially during the winter break everybody was speaking about Juve's chances of winning the title, and how motivated the players where and all that kind of stuff.

So in that case, the players and the coach are palming in the fans with a title chance. But after 5/6 bad games we lost the sight of the title and the fans were extremely dissapointed because we got so much trust in the chance of winning the title.

A logical consequense is that the fans start being frustrated and want Ranieri to leave because he didn't do what he promised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)