Claudio Ranieri (13 Viewers)

Dalton

Apr 6, 2006
If we want Italian coach we should go for Ranieri or Prandelli or if we want a foreigner our first choice must be Felipe Scolari.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I'm still thinkink about Eriksson too, cuz a real target beside Ranieri. Maybe we can expect a "BUM" and get Prandelli like we got Capello :D

And what is about Delio Rossi he seemed pretty realistic too.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
at this point i'll take anyone as coach as long as it's not crapello. if we get good results in our next two games i'm not opposed to letting our interm coach take over permantly. you never know if you have the next lippi on the bench if you don't give him a shot.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What's with the rush people? It's the 2nd of June. We have loads of time to get a new coach. Honestly, there's nothing assistants can't handle the next two months.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
because the sooner we get a coach, the sooner we can understand what tacttics and formations he will play and the sooner he gets used to the players and gets to know the areas of strength and weakness of the team. Plus then we can know which of our transfer targets he wants. We have to obtain our targets as soon as the players we are after aren't just going to wait for us to come after them

Mar 30, 2006
at this point i'll take anyone as coach as long as it's not crapello. if we get good results in our next two games i'm not opposed to letting our interm coach take over permantly. you never know if you have the next lippi on the bench if you don't give him a shot.
it is impossible to judge a coach in 2 games let alone a coach who has been handed a team full of stars in the second division with the league already won.

Juventus will go for someone proven or at least whose talent is known. I think there is not chance of this coach leading our team. No big players would stay or join with an unknown coach.

Mali

Aug 24, 2006
it wont make much difference how he copes
i dont think our board is even considering him to be the coach next year
What's with the rush people? It's the 2nd of June. We have loads of time to get a new coach. Honestly, there's nothing assistants can't handle the next two months.
:agree: Yeah, that's what i mean...
But, as far as transfer target is concern, we need coach NOW...

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Buffon backs Ranieri's Juve Saturday 2 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus are determined to have Claudio Ranieri on the bench next season and Gianluigi Buffon agrees he’s ready to remain if that’s the case.

The goalkeeper had warned he was looking to leave if Didier Deschamps was not replaced by Marcello Lippi, but following the World Cup winning tactician’s refusal to come out of retirement, other avenues are opening up.

All of Italy’s newspapers report this morning that a meeting with option Gianluca Vialli did not go well, but that contact with Ranieri reached a basic agreement.

The only problem currently is the length of his contract and the issue of staff. It’s claimed Ranieri has requested a two-year deal and that Juve would prefer to keep the fitness coaches from this season.

The former Chelsea boss is free from his ties to Parma, having rescued them from relegation, and it seems as if Juventus will leap in before Manchester City can secure his signature.

To further boost Ranieri’s credentials, Buffon has come out in favour of this new era in the Bianconeri’s history.

“Ranieri has the right charisma and would be excellent,” said the goalkeeper. “He is a great Coach and so can lead a team like Juve.

“He achieved a miracle with Parma, because they had even less chance of safety than Messina when he took over. Ranieri has an excellent CV.”

As a final open door to Juventus, Buffon also pointed out that he was not demanding Lippi’s return to the bench.

“I had never said it was either Lippi or nobody. I am not a director and do not sponsor anyone.”

Meanwhile, the Azzurri shot-stopper also looked ahead to tonight’s Euro 2008 qualifier in the Faroe Islands.

“I have the utmost respect for people like them who do not play professionally and obviously they’ll do everything to impress, but we cannot afford to do them any favours.

“I hope to feel very cold, as that means we have dominated upfront and I won’t have a save to make! We are all very experienced here and have learned our lesson from a few humiliations in the past, so there’s no risk of underestimating our opponents.”

Channel4.com - http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun2g.html
----------------------------

If he's good enough for Buffon, he's good enough for me.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
He seems like the best option available i am a :tup: for ranieri.. i used to like his braveheart talk in chelsea, his got a decent cv and prolly the right man to bring some humour to our depressed scene.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)