Claudio Marchisio (33 Viewers)

May 23, 2013
Marchisio used to start INSTEAD of Pirlo under Allegri, he is someone who he likes, but the near 1 year and half injury plagued period has put him way down in the pecking order for Allegri. And under that time we bought a superior player in Pjanic, who Allegri clearly FEELS is Marchisio's only competition, because he is generally playing instead of him compared to with. He ask for specific qualities in the different types of midfielders we have, and he put Marchisio firmly in the Pjanic umbrella, as much as we like to cry about Khedira or Sturaro being out there at times, the former starts (physical presence, box to box, tactically safe blabla) and the latter (headless chicken that runs down anything in sight) gets minutes in crisis scenarios because of being different type of players, these arent tasks he thinks Marchisio can do, even if he is the most complete midfielder we have (if he is physically up to the snuff as he used to be).

Matuidi goes without saying goes over Marchisio too due to the high energy motor b2b style thats unique to him in this squad. All in all, even if Marchisio is healthy now, time has sadly passed him by in Juve pecking order due to the massive amount of injury layoffs he has had. The team moved on with the signings and the different approaches and combinations Allegri wants to see out there now.
First off Marchisio did not start over Pirlo lmao. He only started as regista when Allegri rotated or Pirlo was injured. Actually Allegri benched Marchisio in the beginning of that season after a great start out of nowhere in the first CL game.

To say Pjanic is superior to Marchisio is ridiculous. Marchisio from 2014-16 is levels above Pjanic.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh, the Pirlo story :touched: @zizinho
Pretty much, but im not sure how he has such loyalty to Khedira and Pjanic but not one of the best players during his tenure here.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
First off Marchisio did not start over Pirlo lmao. He only started as regista when Allegri rotated or Pirlo was injured. Actually Allegri benched Marchisio in the beginning of that season after a great start out of nowhere in the first CL game.

To say Pjanic is superior to Marchisio is ridiculous. Marchisio from 2014-16 is levels above Pjanic.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much, but im not sure how he has such loyalty to Khedira and Pjanic but not one of the best players during his tenure here.
The year is 2018 Bro. You might want to check your calendar :numnum:

We'd all obviously love upgrades over the likes of the Accidental Footballer and Mr. Passenger in midfield, but it isn't happening before June.

May 23, 2013
The year is 2018 Bro. You might want to check your calendar :numnum:

We'd all obviously love upgrades over the likes of the Accidental Footballer and Mr. Passenger in midfield, but it isn't happening before June.
Marchisio is an automatic upgrade over everyone not named Matuidi in midfield.

Whats your problem with Stururu lol. I think he does his job decent enough and would work out well in the prem.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Marchisio is an automatic upgrade over everyone not named Matuidi in midfield.

Whats your problem with Stururu lol. I think he does his job decent enough and would work out well in the prem.
Marchisio might not be ready to handle many games or many minutes for that matter. I sincerely hope he's ready for the final stretch of the season, as we're really gonna need him.

The Accidental Footballer should go to the EPL; brainless running, high athleticism, limited football IQ are what he's all about, so he'd be a perfect fit there.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Claudio Marchisio’s father insists the Juventus midfielder is not moving to MLS, the Premier League or Bundesliga. “The glass hasn’t overflowed yet.”

The Bianconeri fan favourite has barely featured this season, even after recovering from a serious knee injury.

“Claudio is calm and for a few months has been in good shape, working hard and ensuring he is always ready, but then the Coach makes his decisions,” Stefano Marchisio told juvenews.eu.

“If it were up to me, I’d make it like basketball with unlimited changes to increase the intensity of games, but I know that’s a utopian vision. Everyone wants to play, but that is football.

“I always hope that Juventus will win and Claudio plays, but it depends on a thousand different factors.”

However, Marchisio Senior shoots down reports of an imminent move abroad.

“Claudio still has another two years on his contract, as he wants to respect, because he cares for the club. Many untrue things have been said. People already thought we were in Germany, England or the United States.

“If the club says that Claudio is no longer part of the project, then we’ll start worrying about it.”

Some papers even suggested Marchisio’s social media exchanges with Andrea Pirlo and Sebastian Giovinco pointed to Major League Soccer.

“He’s been exchanging tweets with them for two years. When he read those stories on the transfer market, he burst out laughing.”

However, his father and agent did make it clear that the situation could change this summer if there are no improvements.

“As with every workplace, when you are not happy, over the long run the drip, drip fills the glass and it overflows, so you start looking around.

“The glass hasn’t overflowed yet. Claudio loves all his fans and is very happy at Juventus. I have faith, because I think he’ll have his chances.

“We’re getting towards the summer, there’s the World Cup in Russia and perhaps those who are looking ahead to that tournament will run a little less and pull out of challenges…”
shit is more serious than I thought, if team Claudio are going public with this then Marchisio must be really looking to either start playing or move on, no more cryptic messages from Claudio's wife that may or may not be aimed at Max. for a legend of his class to give out this kind of public warning must mean that the glass is approaching fullness really fast :cry:

this summer looks like it will be a fun one, at this point the only ones I'm quite sure about staying is Higuain, Berna, Benatia, Matuidi and MDS and not because they're loyal or core of the team, but because it doesn't make sense to sell them at this point, all the rest are question marks.

Buffon and Barza might retire, if they don't Woj or Rugani might leave, it's almost April and we haven't extended Chiellini yet, Licht and Asa are leaving, Marchisio might be leaving, Sandro, Pjanič, Dybala, Costa could tie Marotta's hands, Benta might be loaned out, Sturaro should be sold, I can also see Cuads, Mandžukič and Khedira leaving.. Not to mention Allegri might go as well..

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
shit is more serious than I thought, if team Claudio are going public with this then Marchisio must be really looking to either start playing or move on, no more cryptic messages from Claudio's wife that may or may not be aimed at Max. for a legend of his class to give out this kind of public warning must mean that the glass is approaching fullness really fast :cry:

this summer looks like it will be a fun one, at this point the only ones I'm quite sure about staying is Higuain, Berna, Benatia, Matuidi and MDS and not because they're loyal or core of the team, but because it doesn't make sense to sell them at this point, all the rest are question marks.

Buffon and Barza might retire, if they don't Woj or Rugani might leave, it's almost April and we haven't extended Chiellini yet, Licht and Asa are leaving, Marchisio might be leaving, Sandro, Pjanič, Dybala, Costa could tie Marotta's hands, Benta might be loaned out, Sturaro should be sold, I can also see Cuads, Mandžukič and Khedira leaving.. Not to mention Allegri might go as well..
Everybody leaves?

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Everybody leaves?
of course not, but we no longer have a core. everybody is expendable and we can only be sure about guys that are hard to sell like the ones I listed. the likes of Marchisio are supposed to be the rock that we can rely on, but we seem to be super careless when it comes to any kind of continuity

May 23, 2013
Marchisio might not be ready to handle many games or many minutes for that matter. I sincerely hope he's ready for the final stretch of the season, as we're really gonna need him.

The Accidental Footballer should go to the EPL; brainless running, high athleticism, limited football IQ are what he's all about, so he'd be a perfect fit there.
He filled in very well for Khedira vs Monaco in the semis. Hopefully he will pull a great performance vs Madrid ala 2015 semis and force Allegri to put him back in the team. Though I strongly feel we will see Khedira-Matuidi instead.

Sturaro earns less than a million here as far as I’m aware and he’s last in pecking order. He does well in the big games so not sure why we’d get rid of him....

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He filled in very well for Khedira vs Monaco in the semis. Hopefully he will pull a great performance vs Madrid ala 2015 semis and force Allegri to put him back in the team. Though I strongly feel we will see Khedira-Matuidi instead.

Sturaro earns less than a million here as far as I’m aware and he’s last in pecking order. He does well in the big games so not sure why we’d get rid of him....
We simply cannot play a 2-man midfield against Real, we saw what happened when we did it the last time.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Let's play Matuidi-Cheesio-Sami against RM cuz after last Isco game I'm quite sure they r gonna play with their 3-mf plus Isco

- - - Updated - - -

And Cheesio for life... let our prince fucking alone

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
of course not, but we no longer have a core. everybody is expendable and we can only be sure about guys that are hard to sell like the ones I listed. the likes of Marchisio are supposed to be the rock that we can rely on, but we seem to be super careless when it comes to any kind of continuity
I have to agree here.

Aug 2, 2005
It’ll be very hard, but we’ll do everything to try,” the midfielder tweeted.

“If anyone believes it’s already over, it’s because they’re not one of us. Cristiano’s goal was magical, and the applause of the Stadium was a beautiful gesture, which made us proud.
“Go Juve! We say it loudly, we say it with pride! Go Juve!”

I read this on Football Italia and thought that I would see some comments here..
Looks like no one in the world is believing.

Lol, remember Barca last year when they lost 4-0 and at the post match interviews they said they will fight it over in Camp nou.

Definitely we have the hardest job to win at Madrid, imagine a 3-0 win there. 0.00001% chance.
Glad to see that he thinks we have a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)