Claudio Marchisio (19 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Marchisio was out midfield MotM all summer. Than scans showed his tendons were in decay. Allegri said he uses him space. And he does

If a player comes back from an ACL injury and he continues to struggle for months afterwards even though he should be fit, it's pretty unlikely he is ever going to be back to his former self imo.

Don't get me wrong, of all the players currently at Juventus I like Marchisio the most. But all of this is very bad news.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But we should still keep him ffs, dont easily let go of your heritage with players like these. We should remain patient with him and he too should remain patient while he is struggling physically.

But indeed Allegri needs to play him more, even if sparingly, he does so much more then Sturaro or the current Khedira.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'm sure it is more complicated than that...injuries...recovery time...sharpness...the dybala saga with agent marchisio...salary and contract extensions...etc etc
Lol forgot about that. But we dont know what went on with that thing and why it had to affect marchisios playing time anyways?

Still, i see marchisio is at least able to play some minutes, play him! I would use marchisio first than sturaro anytime, even if i have to sub him later.

About the contract, i dont see marchisio as the kind of guy who would demand crazy contracts to juventus, specially him kowing well he is decaying physically.

And juventus for him is like how it is to gigi and was to del piero. It goes beyind football. The board could offer him a bad contract and he would accept because i think he loves this team so much.

But if rumours about him wanting to go out are true, something very bad should he happening around him. His wife posting things pretty much supports this theory

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
But we should still keep him ffs, dont easily let go of your heritage with players like these. We should remain patient with him and he too should remain patient while he is struggling physically.

But indeed Allegri needs to play him more, even if sparingly, he does so much more then Sturaro or the current Khedira.
This. Selling him wouldn't even open a roster spot, literally no point.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Used to happen all the time that the season after blowing out a knee would be a huge down year for a player.

ACL surgeries have obviously come a long way, and that timetable is not really typical anymore (and he's no spring chicken at this point), but I still think we should hold onto him for next season. Give this guy every chance to rebound, he's part of the fabric. Hopefully he gets some more minutes soon.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

I'd wait for Claudio as long as it takes, we waited several seasons for Pepe and Asabob, surely Claudio is two levels of importance above them. As for him being patient - we don't know what is happening behind the scenes, but it surely must be frustrating to train as hard as Juve requires, be one of the senior players in the squad and then not get even sub minutes in both our big CL night and the derby right after that, especially if you know the "competition" Claudio faces

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'd wait for Claudio as long as it takes, we waited several seasons for Pepe and Asabob, surely Claudio is two levels of importance above them. As for him being patient - we don't know what is happening behind the scenes, but it surely must be frustrating to train as hard as Juve requires, be one of the senior players in the squad and then not get even sub minutes in both our big CL night and the derby right after that, especially if you know the "competition" Claudio faces
If he is getting upset must be because he feels ready to contribute.

At the beggining it seemed allegri was being cautious with him for obvios reasons, but it seems it doesnt applies anymore.
I just hope he is not getting the same treatment as DP

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If a player comes back from an ACL injury and he continues to struggle for months afterwards even though he should be fit, it's pretty unlikely he is ever going to be back to his former self imo.

Don't get me wrong, of all the players currently at Juventus I like Marchisio the most. But all of this is very bad news.
true

but also this

- - - Updated - - -

We gave asamoah over 2 seasons to get back
and especially this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)