Claudio Marchisio (16 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Max must be waiting for the 2nd half of the season to make sure the guy is 110% fit. I can't fathom any other reason why he isn't playing.

May 23, 2013
2007-2011- Plays on average team and out of position
2011-13- Very good, proper position still not found but regardless the world's best (Pirlo was there)
2013-14- Unfairly benched because retarded coach cant fit 4 WC mids into one team. But atleast his real position was found.
2014-16- Revitalized under Allegri, puts in elite performances as both a regista (real position) and B2B midfielder. Top 3 mid in the world and completely outshine VPP. Creates beautiful partnership with Pogba after Vidal and Pirlo leave.
2016-?: Allegri goes full retard after a horrible injury and starts his gay lover over Marchisio.

- - - Updated - - -

What Capello was to Del Piero, is what Max is to Marchisio.
To be fair he had the two best years of his career under Allegri.......

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Allegri was the one who figured out Marchisio's best position. Marchisio played his best under Allegri. The truth is Marchisio is probably finished. There is nothing outside of maybe 45 minutes of football this year to suggest otherwise. There's no way Allegri would bench a prime Marchisio. This is just an irrational thought.

I am more comfortable with Bentancur in a 2 man midfield at the end of the match than Marchisio.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Allegri was the one who figured out Marchisio's best position. Marchisio played his best under Allegri. The truth is Marchisio is probably finished. There is nothing outside of maybe 45 minutes of football this year to suggest otherwise. There's no way Allegri would bench a prime Marchisio. This is just an irrational thought.

I am more comfortable with Bentancur in a 2 man midfield at the end of the match than Marchisio.
We don't know everything. Might has well be that since Marchisio's injury, Allegri established a new hierarchy with Pjanic and Khedira and since it's more or less working (for him) he keeps it up and don't want to tackle Khedira's ego. Marchisio will be more willing to sacrifice himself

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri values hierarchy above form, that's what's for sure

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We don't know everything. Might has well be that since Marchisio's injury, Allegri established a new hierarchy with Pjanic and Khedira and since it's more or less working (for him) he keeps it up and don't want to tackle Khedira's ego. Marchisio will be more willing to sacrifice himself
There's no way Marchisio can play 90 minutes against Inter. If you want to say that Max should have subbed Khedria for Marchisio and kept Dybala on the bench for the last 20 minutes, then fine. I can see the merits in that opinion. I would not trust him in a 2 man midfield when Inter can counter. Bentancur has twice the pace at this point.

May 23, 2013

Actually it was Conte who found it as he tried him as a regista a few times towards the end of his last season here. But Allegri got him to that elite level.

I dont know how you can suggest he is finished....... We have barely seen him play especially in proper 3 man mid........

- - - Updated - - -

Claudio Marchisio is happy to be playing and confesses that the last two months have been more difficult than the six months he spent out with his knee injury.

“The last two months have certainly been more difficult than the six months out with the knee injury,” confessed Marchisio.

“I had a pretty serious problem to the flexor of the left leg, but we were able to treat it well and get back on the field. That’s the most important thing.

“I am happy to have played 90 minutes after two-and-a-half months. I didn’t think I would reach the end of the game without any problems or cramps, but it all went perfectly well.”

Principino spoke to journalists at the opening of a new section of the Juventus Museum dedicated to the 120 year anniversary of the clubs founding.

“It represents the history of Juventus. I hope many people will get to see it, as there are so many memories and emotions here. I joked that we’d never seen many of the objects, as fortunately the average age of the squad is still quite low, but seeing the first computers and colour televisions are things I remember very well, along with the 1994 World Cup where Roberto Baggio made us all dream.”
http://www.juvefc.com/marchisio-im-happy-playing/

Jan 22, 2016
There's no way Marchisio can play 90 minutes against Inter. If you want to say that Max should have subbed Khedria for Marchisio and kept Dybala on the bench for the last 20 minutes, then fine. I can see the merits in that opinion. I would not trust him in a 2 man midfield when Inter can counter. Bentancur has twice the pace at this point.
Not really. Allegri doesn't play Costa and Bernardeschi either. And didn't play Morata until he was forced. And didn't play Pirlo in Milan either. Was he finished?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Actually it was Conte who found it as he tried him as a regista a few times towards the end of his last season here. But Allegri got him to that elite level.

I dont know how you can suggest he is finished....... We have barely seen him play especially in proper 3 man mid........
he played there twice under Conte (or 3x, dont really remember) around February, and Conte quickly abandoned that idea. in Maxs 1st season, he mostly played RCM (where he played his best football for us) in a 4 man midfield and DM when Pirlo wasnt there. it was only in 2015/16 that he became a full time DM in a 3 man midfield, before his injury

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
he played there twice under Conte (or 3x, dont really remember) around February, and Conte quickly abandoned that idea. in Maxs 1st season, he mostly played RCM (where he played his best football for us) in a 4 man midfield and DM when Pirlo wasnt there. it was only in 2015/16 that he became a full time DM in a 3 man midfield, before his injury
2014-2015 was his revelation as DM. Pirlo was injured for a moment and Marchisio owned the position. Then Max played Pirlo there most of the time in CL

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Not really. Allegri doesn't play Costa and Bernardeschi either. And didn't play Morata until he was forced. And didn't play Pirlo in Milan either. Was he finished?
Pirlo played 25 games for Milan in 10/11 18 of which were full 90 minutes. 1791 minutes. he also missed 22 games that season due to injury. so another myth

- - - Updated - - -

2014-2015 was his revelation as DM. Pirlo was injured for a moment and Marchisio owned the position. Then Max played Pirlo there most of the time in CL
he showed that he can be great infront of defense that year, but he wasnt a full time starter there. 15-16, as a DM and with increased responsibility with Vidal and Pirlo gone, he was superb. but 14-15 was still his best year imo. he was our best mid (over Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba) and top 3 player that season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)