Claudio Marchisio (48 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
At the end of the day, if he's not happy with the playing time, then he's free to leave. Not worth bending over for any player who demands playing time that the coach doesn't deem him fit for. It'd suck as he's been here forever but as everyone knows, no player is bigger than the club.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Yes but those players were rubbish and we replaced them or are in the process of replacing with better quality:

Lemina played wide last season (we signed proper wingers in Costa and Berna)
Zaza just wasnt going to get enough minutes here and was replaced in terms of depth in other areas, Cuadrado for example, who is now going to be replaced by Berna. We might sell the colombian still.
Rincon was a semi panic buy in the winter to add rotation cover. Now we signed Matuidi who is much better and signed Bentancur who is promising long term prospect. And there are even rumours about signing another midfielder.

Those guys we already upgraded all.
Maybe we dont hold Marchisio highly no more and we want to upgrade him with strootman or iniesta or kovacic?

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
dont get all the fuss around here.. Its obviously bs but lets pretend for a second that its not, so what? If Claudio wants to stay here/retire here, he`ll reject every bid that our management accepts and his agent presents to him, the list of people who the club wanted to sell/get rid off and couldnt because the players rejected every move is not that short, its embarassing to write their names along Claudios, but here we go - DeCeglie, Melo, Thiago, Iaquinta, the one from Catania, Marco Motta if I`m not mistaken left on loan couple of times before leaving for good... And if Marchisio indeed have some reasons and wants to leave the club he grew up at and become a legend and a fan favorite, then so be it, just f off and go, thanks for the memories and good riddance. It really is that simple - if you wanna stay - stay and be a legend, if you wanna go - pack your shiet and go!

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Out of everything that came out.... I just don't get one thing. Just one.

Why would we want to play 3 man midfield? It makes no sense whatsoever, not with both Higuain and Dybala here. 4-3-3 makes no sense. 3-5-2 could fit in, though, and Spinazzola comeback might make even more sense, but why would we waste our money on Costa/Berna if that were the case?

It just doesn't make any sense. Or...

Rugani - Chiellini - Garay

D.Costa/Berna - Iniesta/Kovacic/Strootman - Pjanic - Matuidi - Sandro/Spinazzola

Higuain (Mandzukic) - Dybala (Schick)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Why would we want to play 3 man midfield? It makes no sense whatsoever, not with both Higuain and Dybala here. 4-3-3 makes no sense. 3-5-2 could fit in, though, and Spinazzola comeback might make even more sense, but why would we waste our money on Costa/Berna if that were the case?

D.Costa/Berna - Iniesta/Kovacic/Strootman - Pjanic - Matuidi - Sandro/Spinazzola

because when we play with 2 and our form is not on top we get rolled over. I see us play with both formations though.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

We played Mandzukic and Cuadrado/Alves wings last season. We signed more natural wingers this summer in Costa and Berna.

Its not first time when Marotta signs bunch of players and then the coach starts to figure out if its even his preferred system. I mean there are examples of that under Marotta. Conte made Asamoah fullback cause Marotta didnt get him a fullback ultimately.

TBF if we want to play 3 man defense, should have done everything to keep Bonucci. Bonucci is ideal for 3 man defense. In back 4 he is less important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)