Claudio Marchisio (33 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He was our best midfielder in the CL final season. Just remember how we all went berserk once they reported that he got a bad injury with the NT just before the CL quarters that year. In Vidal's and Pirlo's worst seasons with Juve, he was the main guy.

Something similar happened at the start of last season. He played only 1 and a half matches during that disastrous start we had until late October and we got fixed once he came back.

We can't rely on him so much.
We can't. It's stupid that our star studded team still completely depends on this guy.

It's also why I think buying Pjanic was a silly move. I guess we did so just to piss off Roma.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its not just a bit, its in Pirlo's favour by some margin. Pirlo was pretty much half our team then with what, 15 assists? He could unlock any situation that season. Plus match winner with freekicks. Marchisio is world class organiser, but Pirlo is just flat out legendary regista and possibly had his best season that season. I guess we took Pirlo for granted we seriously ask that question right now.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Its not just a bit, its in Pirlo's favour by some margin. Pirlo was pretty much half our team then with what, 15 assists? He could unlock any situation that season. Plus match winner with freekicks. Marchisio is world class organiser, but Pirlo is just flat out legendary regista and possibly had his best season that season. I guess we took Pirlo for granted we seriously ask that question right now.
This. It's because Pirlo's last season was very, very poor, actually. He was straight up detrimental to the team most of times. The season before was decent to average.

Pirlo's first 2 seasons, specially 11-12, though, were a thing of beauty. He is being taken for granted.

Marchisio is spectacular as a regista, definitely world class, but Pirlo 11-12 is all time class.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Very very poor is an exaggeration, he was still a good player but simply not quite up to the task physically anymore.

And yeah you're probably right Osman.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Pirlo was not remotely as good as he was during his prime at Milan...

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Very very poor is an exaggeration, he was still a good player but simply not quite up to the task physically anymore.

And yeah you're probably right Osman.
Actually I mean overall play. He was playing poorly, that's all. Slowing the team passing, didn't have enough stamina to defend.

But it was just that last season.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He didn't have as much central focus role as he did with us in Milan at his best playing behind Kaka, next to Seedorf etc. Allways been a genius. But with us in first season you could see see his full artistry taking the reigns for everything.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He didn't have as much central focus role as he did with us in Milan at his best playing behind Kaka, next to Seedorf etc. Allways been a genius. But with us in first season you could see see his full artistry taking the reigns for everything.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
I agree fully with that.

But when looking at consecutive CL final + world cup winning pirlo. He was (much) faster, sharper, more agile, quicker in executions, much less liable etc.
No, he couldnt stand out as much as he was surrounded by other players who stood out on various technical levels. But he was better

- - - Updated - - -

He was up there, it was his twilight years and he killed it even with Italy. Definitely primeime years imo
That Pirlo was shockingly underrated everywhere. Everyone talks about the CAM (Rui Costa, Kaka, Totti) but Pirlo offered so incredibly much that so many missed

I'm happy he came to juventus and made people realise how amazing he was despite the age

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I can't think of a better season from Pirlo than 11/12, in terms of quality of play and how perfect was the regista position for his game.

To me his peak was in that season.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I compare it a bit with the juventini love for Marchisio, where as outsiders are like "claudio who ? you mean pirlo and vidal right"

Just not as extreme, its pirlo after all, does loads of stuff that gets noticed despite beeing in that insane team

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I can't think of a better season from Pirlo than 11/12, in terms of quality of play and how perfect was the regista position for his game.

To me his peak was in that season.
I agree, a lot of players in that position have their best years right before they retire and I think those couple years were Pirlo's best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)