Claudio Marchisio (57 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Reminded me of Ibarbo's situation at the end of last season. He needs to put in a stronger challenge in situations like these, get a yellow if necessary but ffs don't get shrugged off like an amateur.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
He should be rewarded, for being the weakest player in Serie A. Did you see him get pushed away like a rag-doll on the second goal?

He had come on not long before, should have been strong and fresh, but when you're a weakling, physically and mentally, what can you do?
it's one thing to be out-muscled by Ibarbo, but Mertens?? I don't know what to expect of him anymore.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He should be rewarded, for being the weakest player in Serie A. Did you see him get pushed away like a rag-doll on the second goal?

He had come on not long before, should have been strong and fresh, but when you're a weakling, physically and mentally, what can you do?
He's tired like the rest of the team ;)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
His error wasn't in getting out-muscled.

The problem was that he tried to challenge Mertens at the wrong time and from the wrong angle, which left him vulnerable to being shrugged off.

That sort of error in decision making is very rare from Marchisio.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

The problem was that he tried to challenge Mertens at the wrong time and from the wrong angle, which left him vulnerable to being shrugged off.

Brother, he regularly gets outmuscled in many situations. It just happened to lead to a goal today.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Maybe it is starting to become more common?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I would dispute that.

I also don't think he gets out-muscled particularly often.

Sure, he's not going to win as many duels as Pogba, but a lack of muscle is far from being a feature of Marchisio's game.

Jul 20, 2012
So the goal is being blamed on Marchisio? How the hell is it his fault? When Pandev made that pass to Mertens Caceres, Bonucci, and Chiellini were no where to be found. The players who were defending were Vidal, Isla, Licht and Marchisio. That goal was once again a fault of our weakness to counters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)