Claudio Marchisio (116 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
way to refute my point.

look at all the players mentioned here by the other posters. all started young and ended up world class. i could even throw fabregas in the mix. how about davids who started for a strong ajax at the ripe age of 18?

but i'll just let pogba's performances speak for themselves. we'll see who get more playing time between him and marchisio this season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
way to refute my point.

look at all the players mentioned here by the other posters. all started young and ended up world class. i could even throw fabregas in the mix. how about davids who started for a strong ajax at the ripe age of 18?

but i'll just let pogba's performances speak for themselves. we'll see who get more playing time between him and marchisio this season.
Well I remember practically whole Ajax squad was 18-22 when they won CL in 95. Seedorf, Kluvert, Davids, Overmars... Age is just a number as you said.

Barf

Jul 24, 2013
I don't know if people around here have noticed how important Marchisio is to the team. He may not be as good as Vidal at tackling but Claudio offers a lot defensively, especially in the CL where he had lots of interceptions while he still does pretty well offensively.

Barf

Jul 24, 2013
way to refute my point.

Marchisio will still get more playing time simply 'cause Pogba doesn't play the same position as Claudio.

While Pogba will have to share playing time with Pirlo.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
way to refute my point.

If you actually read this page and the previous one, then you'll notice i have allready answered to that question, wich you just repeated.

You however, continue to call upon examples i covered

attacking players get chances more early, cause them dont have that much pressure and responsibility. they dont need to learn that much and can very well have their best years aged 19-24. its called early peak.

The players the others mentionned, i have explained

giggs and beckham were wingers, busquets was a unique case, messi/ronaldo were attackers.

You name fabregas, another attacker.

schloles was mentionned. good example, but at his age he got less playing time then pogba had, so it seems pogba is getting quite enough despite not beeing a starter.

Ajax, , well they have allways made teams that are aged 18-24. wich was totally fine considering the very low level the dutch league is.
When did he go at juventus ?
when he was 23 years old and MUCH better and complete then he was during his time at ajax.

Marchisio will start more games then pogba. He might start more then pirlo tho.

But the pogba of last year, and if nothing goes wrong, the pogba within 2/3 years, thats gonna be a massive diffrence. just like with davids.

in holland, they called 18y/o davids "edje kadetje" a sweet player, technical brilliance and complete, and SO GOOD TECHNIQUE FOR A CM, at 23 he was "dolle davids", his technique didnt change that much, but he was THE central defensive midfielder, with the technique and quality of a world class trequartista.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
If you actually read this page.............
i did, just giving you more examples. fabregas is not an attacker, he's a midfielder who can play in attack. and yeah, davids. it doesn't matter that he came to just at 23 if he was still great at 18. i'm not saying pogba is the best player in the world but he's better than marchisio imo. let's just stop the argument and see what happens throughout the season.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well I remember practically whole Ajax squad was 18-22 when they won CL in 95. Seedorf, Kluvert, Davids, Overmars... Age is just a number as you said.
You need to know the situation of ajax. Back then, they rarely pay for players. They had the best academy in the world in a time, where the real big teams didnt care about academy, they were undisputed.

They imported talent like barcelona does, but their academy, was years ahead of its time. even today, its still among the best in the world.

ajax in 95 and ajax in 03 actually had an average age under 23. the worlds biggest talents all bunched togheter in a very offensive playstyle.

But in the last 20 years, it was only Davids, who was such a magnificent talent at that position, the only 18 year old to actually play and stay as a cdm.

We are talking about one of the 5 best central defensive midfielders of all time. Lets not use that as a benchmark shall we ?

No, lets look to the age "normal" quality cdm's enter the first team as starters. its very rarely happens under 22 at a topteam

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i did, just giving you more examples. fabregas is not an attacker, he's a midfielder who can play in attack. and yeah, davids. it doesn't matter that he came to just at 23 if he was still great at 18. i'm not saying pogba is the best player in the world but he's better than marchisio imo. let's just stop the argument and see what happens throughout the season.
Its because you dont rate his defensive ability. but thats okay, half of this forum doesnt :tongue:

I hope Pogba leans everything from pirlo and marchisio. positionning, abrupting opponent passing and running lines, anticipating, reading the game, keeping the ball and distributing the play (what marchisio cant, his biggest con).

He can become a new davids, but less agressive and less talented. but better then Vieira

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
what makes you think pogba can't be one of the best central midfielders of all time? he's got all the right tools in his arsenal.
Dont know where i made it sound like that, cause i think he can.
Troughout the games, i expressed how amazing how was about how good pogba is in terms of positionning, distributing and calm on the ball, while beeing just freaking 19. I think he has everything to get insanely good, and hope he dumps his agent :tongue:

Honestly if Fabregas is considered an attacker then Pogba is an attacker too....
Fabregas is not an attacker, he's an offensive midfieldern but had simular advantage at his age then pogba. I however think pogba has far more potential then fabregas

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Fabregas played for Arsenal, we are talking about top sides :p
Yeah, in the epl, where tactics are rare.

Thing is, his arsenal was freaking overly talented, wich is allways nice to grow up into. he was simularly ahead of his age like pogba.

But friends,we cannot burn pogba to soon. players getting burned by getting trown into the 11 to soon, so very often

Pogba is getting alot of games, but dont give him the pressure of starting.

- - - Updated - - -

He was 17 when he ripped us apart.
i'm sure his arsenal team had nothing to do with it :p
Also, again, he was an offensive player. backed by monstrous team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)