Claudio Marchisio (45 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
that's such a great interview, very intelligent and articulate. I feel pumped up just reading it. God, I truly hope this IS our season, and it's good most of them are humble enough to remember what happened last season and not let things get to their heads.

Especially liked how he said we must be wary of the fact that we are unbeaten, we couldnt get more points than Milan.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
“I’m not the only one who has this connection with Andrea, but Arturo and Michele as well. Playing with him is easy..."

--

It's got to be wonderful having a player like Pirlo in your team. Every time you make a run forward you can count on the guy to put the ball right where you want it.

Claudio :heart:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He's right on the money here:

LR: But how do you explain this personal explosion of yours?
“In recent years, between Juve and the Azzurri we often changed, not just my role on the field but also our team tactics. This year at last, I was definitively slotted into my ideal position. The role which I’m currently playing is one which I like best, it always keeps on the move, allows me to go forward and penetrate and therefore also to score, which is the thing that usually stands out. After all last year I wasn’t playing so badly, but seeing me score goals changes a viewer’s perception. Goals put you into the spotlight, all eyes on you. In fact I noticed that in recent games, where I’ve stopped scoring, a few opinions have already changed about me. If I don’t score, people won’t even notice how many balls I retrieve.”

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

“In recent years, between Juve and the Azzurri we often changed, not just my role on the field but also our team tactics. This year at last, I was definitively slotted into my ideal position. The role which I’m currently playing is one which I like best, it always keeps on the move, allows me to go forward and penetrate and therefore also to score, which is the thing that usually stands out. After all last year I wasn’t playing so badly, but seeing me score goals changes a viewer’s perception. Goals put you into the spotlight, all eyes on you. In fact I noticed that in recent games, where I’ve stopped scoring, a few opinions have already changed about me. If I don’t score, people won’t even notice how many balls I retrieve.”
It is right on the money. It also makes quite a bit of people here look pretty foolish, which makes it even sweeter.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

That's what I've been trying to say though. Those viewers perceptions wouldn't become negative if he had played a good game without scoring. If anything, Marchisio is admitting there that goals can flatter a performance and without goals the true midfield performance becomes clearer to the spectator.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
If anything, Marchisio is admitting there that goals can flatter a performance and without goals the true midfield performance becomes clearer to the spectator.
He was implying the opposite. Without the goals "people won't even notice how many balls I retrieve".

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He was implying the opposite. Without the goals "people won't even notice how many balls I retrieve".
But really a goal can blind a spectator to a mediocre performance especially when those goals are scored late. If he stops scoring then what else does he have to offer? He's a midfielder and not a striker after all. People don't seem to be impressed when he doesn't score (as he notes) and there's usually a good reason for that.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
But really a goal can blind a spectator to a mediocre performance especially when those goals are scored late. If he stops scoring then what else does he have to offer? He's a midfielder and not a striker after all. People don't seem to be impressed when he doesn't score (as he notes) and there's usually a good reason for that.
He will always be a trequartista to me :cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)