Claudio Marchisio (15 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think he was overly criticized when he deserved it, just as he's probably getting far more adulation than he truly deserves yet. It goes both ways, and usually as an exaggeration.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I never said those who like Marchi were all blind fanboys. There were a few.

The reason I am bringing this up is not because no one has the right to gloat etc, it's because perhaps the manner it was made made me feel like I was wrong to criticize him (ever.) And I'm just saying that shouldn't be the case because I personally believed he deserved some of the criticisms, not the trolling or mockery. There are a lot of people who have criticized him when he has played badly (and he has) but likewise praised him when he did good. Maybe it's just my personal feeling and none share this sentiment but as of this moment in this thread I feel like if you've criticised marchi you're branded a 'hater' and that's ridiculous.
that's a question only you can answer...why are you feeling bad if the fanboys are gloating?

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
don't be such an arsehole. of course I know Marchi has had his overzealous critics, and neither am I defending them, I just find it irritating some fanboys are gloating as if it was wrong for anyone to have ever criticized marchisio AT ALL. so if YOU think he didn't deserve ANY amount of reasonable criticism from some of us for the past two seasons that's your opinion, not your superiority in understanding football coz I sure as hell know I'm not alone in thinking he deserved some of them. don't be such a cocky asshole trying to parade your 'superiority' in my face, in the end we are all Juve fans who want the best for the team.
Had I been an asshole, I would have gloated and ridiculed you all. Instead, I bothered to explain my reasoning which in hindsight made no difference. Back at square one and straw man argumentation.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Tardelli crowns Marchisio

Claudio Marchisio is often compared to Marco Tardelli, but the Juventus legend claims “he is stronger than I was.”

The midfielder has become the unlikely hero of this season and their top scorer, though he received the highest praise from the current Republic of Ireland assistant manager.

“It’s difficult to compare players from the past and the present, but in my view he is stronger than I was,” Tardelli told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

More of the stars from that 1980s Juventus and Italy side also gave their backing to Marchisio.

“I always avoid comparisons, but Marchisio is Tardelli’s real heir,” said Fulvio Collovati.

Current Azzurri Coach Cesare Prandelli added Marchisio “has broken through. He has quantity, quality and now scores goals too. He’s fantastic.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Prince is now King. Beautiful.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I never said those who like Marchi were all blind fanboys. There were a few.

The reason I am bringing this up is not because no one has the right to gloat etc, it's because perhaps the manner it was made made me feel like I was wrong to criticize him (ever.) And I'm just saying that shouldn't be the case because I personally believed he deserved some of the criticisms, not the trolling or mockery. There are a lot of people who have criticized him when he has played badly (and he has) but likewise praised him when he did good. Maybe it's just my personal feeling and none share this sentiment but as of this moment in this thread I feel like if you've criticised marchi you're branded a 'hater' and that's ridiculous.
This is not necessarily directed at you, but let me show what a fair assesment can look like. I am only posting this since I am accused of being an asshole and a gloater. I may as well have the full enjoyment of being one. Me in July:

Two seasons ago, under Ferrara and Zaccheroni, Marchisio was one of the few bright spots of the team. With Nedved having retired, Camo injured and inconsistent and with Melo and Sissoko being unreliable, Marchisio looked really sharp in a few games and was the only reliable component of the midfield, and this is when I started to hype him. He had put in a few good games the season before, such as the one against Milan and also when subbed in against Chelsea away. I was sure the World Cup was going to be his big breakthrough.

Last season was a bit of a disappointment and highlighted his main weakness. Some of his best performances earlier seasons were when everyone else failed or when he played alongside Sissoko. The latter partnership wasn't always the best but it forced Marchisio to take some responsibility and make things happen by himself. Not to mention that neither the strikers or the other attacking players were all that reliable.

This season, we suddenly had Aquilani, Krasic and a new-born Melo alongside Quag/Matri and Claudio disappeared a bit regardless of the position he played in. He's better on the ball than given credit for but last season he'd rather take the simple path and give it to one of the above to do the hard work. I hope Conte finds a way to slot him into the team because I still remember enough of his non-"invisible" (never gets old...) games to believe he can live up to some of the hype and have a very good career with us.
Ha!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)