Claudio Marchisio (16 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Well, the thing is that as bad as one mistake was, Marchisio has still been playing better than Pirlo, whose mistakes from that position have cost us many times.

Plus it was the Coppa. Worst comes to worst, we don't win it. Big whoop.
When has Pirlo really cost us?

The trade off is between defensive stability Vs. creativity.

When Pogba and Vidal are on form we have more than enough creativity to break teams down. I'd only field pirlo if we are playing a team that can really park the bus.

But given that Pogba is off form and Vidal has turned into a turd, I think we need the Maestro to have any attacking threat.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
when was the last time we struggled to create chances?

the only game that stands out to me is the the away game vs. atheltico, and the fiorentina game that ended 0-0

we create tons of chances per game. it's the finishing that let's us down. so i dont agree that we struggle for creativit, but i do think we need more of it and pirlo's diagonal passes to bonucci and chiellini 20 times in a row doesnt count

KingGale

Il Barone
Dec 24, 2012
When has Pirlo really cost us?
Are you really asking? Most recently like two weeks ago when we drew Cesena 2-2. We could have gone ahead of Roma 11 points if we beat them.

There is no significant tradeoff, in my opinion. Marchisio ends up being as creative as Pirlo on most occasions because he is more mobile on the pitch, which leads to more opportunities to make a through pass. Pirlo has to rely a lot on long balls, and while he's a master, they don't often lead to a chance, and with Serie A teams packing their half with players his creative output becomes very limited more often than not.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Are you really asking? Most recently like two weeks ago when we drew Cesena 2-2. We could have gone ahead of Roma 11 points if we beat them.

There is no significant tradeoff, in my opinion. Marchisio ends up being as creative as Pirlo on most occasions because he is more mobile on the pitch, which leads to more opportunities to make a through pass. Pirlo has to rely a lot on long balls, and while he's a master, they don't often lead to a chance, and with Serie A teams packing their half with players his creative output becomes very limited more often than not.
Not in his wildest dreams. Pirlo has better movement, infinitely better vision and infinitely better passing range. He is also probably the best set-piece taker in the world. There is a huge difference between what Pirlo and what anyone else in that position can contribute to an attack.
Marchisio is obviously better defensively but they are far from the same going forward. One is the best in the world while the other is an okay player.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
pirlo has 4 goals and 3 assists so far. marchisio has 2 goals and 5 assists. we dont lose much creaticity by not fielding pirlo, but we gain so much stability at the back.

pirlo is done. he's not even mls worthy. more like china worthy.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Not in his wildest dreams. Pirlo has better movement, infinitely better vision and infinitely better passing range. He is also probably the best set-piece taker in the world. There is a huge difference between what Pirlo and what anyone else in that position can contribute to an attack.
Marchisio is obviously better defensively but they are far from the same going forward. One is the best in the world while the other is an okay player.
*FK taker, his corners suck

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He's had a solid season especially defensively, but you can tell that his tackling is a little. Bit more aggressive than it has been in seasons past and that's more fatigue than lack of agility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)