[CL] Sevilla 1-0 JUVENTUS (8th Dec 2015) (1 Viewer)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Do the double over City and finish 2nd to them, that shows you all you need to know about our approach in big vs smaller games, we never change that. You'll see this over and over, we do it in the league as well but mostly just do enough.

When we don't have hunger and tempo to win we are honestly half the team we could be.
It was bound to happen even after the second city game.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
Relax we are through to the second round. No need to panic.

If it was fixed brackets like the world cup you could try to speculate with finishing first or second gives an "easier" road to the final.

in the CL the knockout phases are decided by draw, so no point in doing that.

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
I'm displeased with the result, the performance was not the worst but definitely not the best either.

This is a very difficult ground to win at. We were the better team in the first half, solid at the back and created a few golden opportunities. In the second half Sevilla went gung-ho and it paid off for them.

We lost because of a few incredible saves from Rico and Morata's rustiness. Also, Dybala hitting the bar was a clear evidence luck wasn't on our side tonight.

I'd say if it was Khedira instead of Sturaro we wouldn't have lost. Not saying that Sturaro is the main culprit for the defeat, but his "headless-chicken-running" style doesn't do us favours against intelligent opposition. Vidal was intelligent as well as running his socks off.

mo2119

Aug 6, 2014
Good performance, bad result. It's a win or draw with that kind of performance 90% of the time. It's unfortunate the 10% came through this time though.
My draw preferences in order: 1. Zenit 2. Wolfsburg 3. Chelsea/Porto 4. Manchester City 5. Atletico 6. Real Madrid 7. Bayern 8. Barca

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Chelsea would be great to have
We could face Barcelona Real and Bayern but we could also face Chelse/Porto Wolfsburg Zenith while Atletico are not Bayern Real or Barcelona but still a great side
I`d take Wolfsburg I believe we could show Draxler why he made the wrong choice...

- - - Updated - - -

Good performance, bad result. It's a win or draw with that kind of performance 90% of the time. It's unfortunate the 10% came through this time though.
My draw preferences in order: 1. Zenit 2. Wolfsburg 3. Chelsea/Porto 4. Manchester City 5. Atletico 6. Real Madrid 7. Bayern 8. Barca
I hope we get number 4 I feel we can beat them both home and away...

Aug 1, 2003
Wowww we qualified for last 16 and this is the reaction? Calm your tits guys sure we had our faults and that final sitter missed by morata made me scream but sevilla also played their hearts out

Anyway wish we were in Pot 1 but whatever it is last 16 is the next frontier. I thought it was good Juve had this lesson from Sevilla as the road will be tougher from now on.

The CL journey continues so lets gear up for that!!

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
City fucked up too in this group, we can claim this is down to the Borussia games but in all honesty city deserved more than 0 points against us.

Bottom line is we shouldn't have been beaten by Sevilla, and morata should have had a hattrick. We really need a finisher again. Hope Mandzukic continues his form because morata is only good for a moment of brilliance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)