CL: Real Sociedad - Juventus (2 Viewers)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
Ok, i know i'm like 7 hrs late but time isn't on my side here :groan:

anyway........

From what i've read here

Gigi did well, no? :extatic: :thumb: :strong: (damit! Why they never show these matches when he does well :wallbang: )

Defence........ How were they?? i've read both gd and bad things abt them :confused:

Monaco!!!!!! :eek: :extatic: :thumb: :eek: :extatic: :thumb:

But :wth: both teams plyed without a defence or some thing??!! 11 goals!!!!

and Molina!!! :shocked: were those goals really his fautl that they had to subsitue him in the 2nd half??

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,082
    I dunno, I've never seen that happen, a keeper getting subbed just because he might not be playing well....

Aug 1, 2003
    okay im gonna watch the match highlights now thanks to uefa.com , but from what i read, buffon was superb, so was our defence, and conte DID play and i'm very angry i didn't get to see him play.

this was totally unexpected for me, i was thinking of GOALS in this match, with Miccoli up front and stuff...

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    Real Sociedad 0-0 Juventus: FT Report

PA

SAN SEBASTIAN, November 5 (Champions League) - Juventus followed Real Madrid into the Champions League second round after a goalless draw at Real Sociedad on Wednesday.

The Spaniards need one more win to confirm their own progression from Group D but will kick themselves for not making their superiority on the night count.

Sociedad striker Darko Kovacevic had the best chance of the game with 30 minutes to go but, with just goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon to beat, he knocked the ball too far in front of him and a defender was able to clear.

Real came out at the start of the game intent on attacking Juventus with Valeri Karpin a livewire through the midfield, always looking to link up with Kovacevic up front.

But the Spanish side were finding it difficult to break down a solid Juventus backline marshalled as well as ever by veteran defender Ciro Ferrara.

Karpin saw a header go harmlessly over the bar and then Nihat Kahveci poked a shot goalwards from a Javier De Pedro cross, but Buffon scrambled the ball away for a corner.

Last season's Champions League finalists were also proving dangerous on the counter attack.

Marco Di Vaio made a strong run through the midfield which came to nothing, and then Ruben Olivera????? attempted to chip the ball over Sander Westerveld from the edge of the box, but his effort went a couple of feet wide.

The home side grew in confidence as the match progressed, with their main threat coming from the wings through Augustin Aranzabal and De Pedro.

De Pedro, who was recalled to the starting line-up after his superb performance as a substitute in the 4-2 defeat in Turin a fortnight ago, was posing more problems for the Italians but the goal simply wouldn't come.

Kovacevic just failed to connect with a cross, before Aranzabal hit a low ball which evaded everyone in the six-yard box.

Juventus, too, were proving a threat as Fabrizio Miccoli had a drive from the edge of the area which Westerveld expertly turned away.

In a tight game, Kovacevic was guilty of missing a gilt-edged opportunity on the hour mark.

Xabi Alonso threaded a perfect pass through for the Serbia & Montenegro international who beat the offside trap but, in attempting to round the goalkeeper, he knocked the ball too far ahead of himself and the chance was lost.

Sociedad appeared to be spurred on by that chance and Nihat saw a shot from inside the box saved brilliantly by Buffon who tipped the ball around the post.

They showed intent to win the game by bringing on Chun Lee Soo in the final stages, but Juve's defence held firm for their point.

Sociedad travel to Olympiakos next, knowing a win will see them into the knockout stage.

Soccernet.com

They mistoke MIccoli for Olivera :eek:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    A big fat hearty congratulations to everyone
    We did it :thumb: - In pink :eek: - Playing ugly football! :eek:

Funny how such a pansy display still betters our previous years efforts.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    A big fat hearty congratulations to everyone
    We did it :thumb: - In pink :eek: - Playing ugly football! :eek:

Funny how such a pansy display still betters our previous years efforts.
    Now we play ugly football when is needed... and when we want to ;)

last year it was not like that :p

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    Real Sociedad 0-0 Juventus: FT Report

PA

Marco Di Vaio made a strong run through the midfield which came to nothing, and then Ruben Olivera????? attempted to chip the ball over Sander Westerveld from the edge of the box, but his effort went a couple of feet wide.

Soccernet.com

They mistoke MIccoli for Olivera :eek:
    :eek:
    :LOL:

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    Now we play ugly football when is needed... and when we want to ;)
    last year it was not like that :p
    I like the part in bold ... :D
    You can't imagine how nervous I was some years back at this stage of the CL.

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    But he has the Beckham hairdo..exactly with the same bend in the same position. I Wonder how Nedved would look if he had it that way :D
    he had his hairdo long before becks made it. and no way he is ugly twin of becks

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++

Monaco!!!!!! :eek: :extatic: :thumb: :eek: :extatic: :thumb:

But :wth: both teams plyed without a defence or some thing??!! 11 goals!!!!

and Molina!!! :shocked: were those goals really his fautl that they had to subsitue him in the 2nd half??
    No none of the goals were his fault, Depors Defense was just awefull.:dontcare:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by ebraheej ] ++

No none of the goals were his fault, Depors Defense was just awefull.:dontcare:
    I didnt saw th game... but i cant imagine ho awful a defence must be to let score a 8 goals in a CL game.

I mean.. i have seen those kind of scores... a panemian team last year hammered another team 19-0.... making a record in the zone... but ok...

we are talking about Champions of Europe in this case!!!.

Wassup there!!??

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003

I didnt saw th game... but i cant imagine ho awful a defence must be to let score a 8 goals in a CL game.

I mean.. i have seen those kind of scores... a panemian team last year hammered another team 19-0.... making a record in the zone... but ok...

we are talking about Champions of Europe in this case!!!.

Wassup there!!??
    the defence wasnt that bad, just that monaco managed to break depor off-side trap. a lot of goals came from that.....and each time monaco had an opp to score, they did. not the same can be said bout depor tho......overall, it was a gr8 game. IMO, depor wasnt playing bad.....just that monaco convert on every opp they get.....:cool:

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

the defence wasnt that bad, just that monaco managed to break depor off-side trap. a lot of goals came from that.....and each time monaco had an opp to score, they did. not the same can be said bout depor tho......overall, it was a gr8 game. IMO, depor wasnt playing bad.....just that monaco convert on every opp they get.....:cool:
    wow.....

Well so the fact here is that they scored on every shot on goal

well... that is almost impossible... but today happened-
    wow wow wow!

I gotta wahtch this match!

++ [ originally posted by ebraheej ] ++
    No none of the goals were his fault, Depors Defense was just awefull
    ok, thanks :)

Poor guy, was Molina injured or something then?

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I didn't really expect the very negative and defensive approach from our players but in the end was satisfied with the point we achieved that was our ticket to the next round of the Champions League .. now the important thing is to remain on top of the group to avoid playing the likes of Real Madrid, Man Utd, Chelsea, and other tough opponents .. That could be well achieved with a home win against Olympiakos in Matchday 5 ..

Our best player was by far Buffon .. he made a number of brilliant saves that kept us in the match .. good old Ferrara was also commited in defence whereas Davids excelled even though he gaveaway some balls .. the remaining part of our midfield was ineffective to say the least, whereas our attackers tried their best but were wasteful when we had the opportunity to score from the counter ...

Some players looked rusty like Conte (sometimes I had the feeling he left the pitch and was watching from the stands instead) as well as Pessotto and Birindelli .. But anyway, to give them some credit it was their debut for this season and alot can't be asked from them .. Our defence held on well, and kept Kova away with the offside trap that was instrumental in this match and the key to kill-off any threat from Sociedad ..

Neddy had a shout at the players to wake them up towards the end after a number of minor mistakes by the defenders .. he was really up for it and defended well too !!

All in all, we made it to the next stage but after our brilliant matches since the start of the season (scoring goals for fun), this match could well be forgotten easily by our fans ..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    The ratings:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6.5, Birindelli 6, Ferrara 5, Iuliano 5.5, Pessotto 5.5, Appiah sv, Conte 6, Tacchinardi sv, Tudor 5, Davids 5, Nedved 6, Di Vaio 5, Zalayeta sv, Miccoli 6.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 7, Birindelli 6.5, Ferrara 6.5, Iuliano 6.5, Pessotto 6.5, Appiah 6.5, Conte 6.5, Tacchinardi sv, Tudor 6, Davids 6.5, Nedved 6, Di Vaio 6, Zalayeta sv, Miccoli 6.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 6, Birindelli 6, Ferrara 6.5, Iuliano 6.5, Pessotto 6.5, Appiah 6, Conte 6, Tacchinardi sv, Tudor 5.5, Davids 6, Nedved 5.5, Di Vaio 5, Zalayeta sv, Miccoli 6.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 6.5, Birindelli 6, Ferrara 6.5, Iuliano 6.5, Pessotto 6.5, Appiah sv, Conte 6, Tacchinardi sv, Tudor 5.5, Davids 5.5, Nedved 5.5, Di Vaio 5, Zalayeta sv, Miccoli sv.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 6.5, Birindelli 6, Ferrara 6, Iuliano 6, Pessotto 6, Appiah 6, Conte 5.5, Tacchinardi sv, Tudor 6, Davids 5, Nedved 5.5, Di Vaio 5, Zalayeta sv, Miccoli 5.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 6.5, Birindelli 6.5, Ferrara 5.5, Iuliano 6, Pessotto 6, Appiah sv, Conte 5.5, Tacchinardi sv, Tudor 5.5, Davids 6, Nedved 5.5, Di Vaio 5, Zalayeta sv, Miccoli 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)