CL: Real Sociedad - Juventus (2 Viewers)

Hasuni Boi

Sep 19, 2003
Some thought's about the game:

It's strong not to loose against such a good time despite that ur playing with manu non-regaluar player's, and almost everyone of them r underperforming.

Ferrara gave me a headache, he seemed to slow and and played very rough and ugly several times. I think we were very lucky that we didn't get a penalty against us.

Iuliano played the best game he have played in a very long time, he came right in the tackles and and helped out Ferrara when the later was in trouble.

I now really understand why Appiah is playing instead of Davids. Appiah is playing absolutle great, and Davids is playing exactly the opposite, horrible. Davids won the ball like three times during the whole game, infact he lost the ball more then he won it, he missed passes and so on. The perfect solution seems to be to sell him in Januari, that way we can get some money for him, cause i don't see any reasons for him to stay.....

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++
Fliakis your being real about it, thats cool. forza juve

thank you

how can people say i am not a fan. it was me who spent 250$ on juve jersey and was proud of that. considering i might've gotten almost the same thing for ...70 :down:

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hasuni Boi ] ++
I now really understand why Appiah is playing instead of Davids. Appiah is playing absolutle great, and Davids is playing exactly the opposite, horrible. Davids won the ball like three times during the whole game, infact he lost the ball more then he won it, he missed passes and so on. The perfect solution seems to be to sell him in Januari, that way we can get some money for him, cause i don't see any reasons for him to stay.....
There's no way we can get some money from Davids. His contract is expiring. and I believe most teams willing to wait for another 6 months and get him for free.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Sorry.

I deleted the post.

I was only sticking up for Vit.

I should have used better judgement and not quoted the comment. I was just mad.

Sep 28, 2002
they were probably rested cause lippi didn't give this match big importance. even if we lost in next game we would gone through. i dont understand why nedved wasnt rested. with all those crunchers in upcoming weeks.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++
Thats fine. What I dont get is some people support Juve as well as Arsenal as well as Real Madrid etc
Yeah, I detest those kind of people. One of my mates supports Real Madrid, Manchester United, AC Milan and Bayern Munich, and his national teams are France and Brazil FFS!

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
You know...if, and it's a big if I admit, but if Celtic beat Bayern Munich at Celtic Park in three weeks, and Lyon defeat Anderlecht, then Bayern are out of the CL.

Now lets have a show of hands of all those people who would be unhappy at that!

Come on now...I'm waiting.....

I'm still waiting.....

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
well.... we got the point that Lippi definitely went to search in Sapin at least :)

Well, what can we say about the game........ just 2 shots.. one from micco and the other from nedved.

We played the most defensive minded game ever!!! :p Luckily we made it!!.

Like someone said..... when appiah entered the match... there was a difference beetween him and davids...... davids didnt had a good match today.

Jajaja i was surprised about Zalayeta´s position.. what he was playing?? Attacking mid?? :D... he loked very lively... It must be the long time he had in the bench!!.

Welll in conclution... Good game for Buff,...and some defenders.... I cant say tha we played bad because it was the purpouse since the first minute... and i thinnk everyone here knew what would happen with that formation.

Still... it hink Lippi was too conident... but we did it in the end!! :thumb:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
My ratings:

Buffon - Easily my MOTM. Made some quality saves, notably on Nihat, and kept us in the match. 7.5

Birindelli - Not very good. Didn't help out on the attack and was picked on in the first half. 5.5

Ferrara - Too slow with his movements and too late with his tackles. Nihat and Kovacevic gave him a nightmare throughout the 90 minutes. 5

Iuliano - Made some nice challenges and interceptions and saved us when Kovacevic was about to round Gigi. Didn't concede many silly free kicks if any... our best CB on the night IMO. 6.5

Pessotto - Didn't seem match sharp, or maybe I'm just saying this because Zambrotta is so much better. Karpin played what I think was his best game all season, is it coincidental that he couldn't produce the same performance two weeks ago when Zamboy was on the pitch? 5.5

Conte - Dunno why he started. Conte was very poor and I'm sorry to say but I think that he should retire now. Couldn't offer what Camo and Appiah usually do on the right hand side... 5/5.5

Tudor - Did some good things as well as some bad things. At the dawn of the second half he tried to create things from his deep midfield role, like Pirlo does at Milan, and I liked that. Fairly solid at the back too, but he needs to think twice before making an unnecessary tackle and earning himself a yellow card. 6.5

Davids - Didn't win many balls in midfield, but sure did lose alot. He made a few useful runs down the left flank but his aggressiveness and usual dynamism was missing. Needs to focus and get back into top form if not Appiah will take his place in the starting line-up for good. 5.5

Nedved - Not his best performance, but I don't blame him. His teammates didn't really seem interested in the game and he hardly got a ball played to him in space. Had one nice effort on goal and worked hard as usual, but that was about it. 6

Miccoli - I remember Micco making a nice run and forcing Westerveld into a save in the first half. He also tried to score with an ambitious lob, but the service to him really wasn't there and the Real defenders defended him well. 6

Di Vaio - Not even a shadow of his on form self. Marco gave the ball away very cheaply and didn't make any opportunities for himself of his teammates. 5.5

Appiah was average, but better than Conte and Davids, while I thought that Zalayeta did well in holding up the ball and showed that he has strength and pace on a few occasions. Tacchinardi came in to sure up and bolster the midfield, and did what Lippi wanted him to do - keep the Sociedad attackers out.

Lippi - His starting line-up disappointed me... his substitutions were OK considering that Olympiakos were ahead of Galatasary, but I would've liked to see Camoranesi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)