CL: Real Sociedad - Juventus (5 Viewers)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
very true-they will be concentrating very hard, and will really be looking for a win. I think it will be a tough game.....but we should pull through. it's pretty cool for me-the games are usually in the middle of the day for me, so I can watch the text commentary when I'm suppossed to be working on the computer! but I would rather see the game live........FORZA JUVE!!!!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
very true-they will be concentrating very hard, and will really be looking for a win. I think it will be a tough game.....but we should pull through. it's pretty cool for me-the games are usually in the middle of the day for me, so I can watch the text commentary when I'm suppossed to be working on the computer! but I would rather see the game live........FORZA JUVE!!!!

Hey, what do you know!?!?!

That makes two of us watching the text commentary.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Im not nervous Im excited but I think it will end a draw... Who knows. I just want it to be the match so i can see EDGAR DAVIDS

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
:down: :down::down: i cant watch that game.....for whatever reason, espn decided to air celtic-anderlecth and arsehole-kiev...!! :fero:

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Here's the current situation in Group D.

Pts
Juventus 9
Real Sociedad 6
Galatasaray 3
Olympiacos 0

Juventus, by all means, should strive to win this game. This game is no joke, and if Juventus want to take CL seriously, they should win this game. The best scenerio is if Juve win and get 12 points, 6 clear of Real (and Gala if they win). If we win, all we would need is one more point to be garanteed winners of group D. If we loose this game, Real and Juve would be tied on points. That is not a good situation, because if Real and Juve win both of their remaining games, then we would be equal with points and the winner of the group would be accounted for GD. We should win this game and get qualification off our minds. If we loose, we will have to win until the end of the group stages to finish winners. In addition, the circumstances in Serie A right now are very tight, and one slip up and were 3rd in the league. Thats why if we finish up CL qual tomorrow night then we can concentrate on Serie A for a good amount of time.

My predicted line-up:

Buffon
Pessoto (Tudor), Montero, Ferrara, Birindelli
Camoranesi, Davids, Appiah
Nedved
Miccoli, Di Vaio

This might be nice to see if Davids and Appiah could play well together. Im really excited to see MIccoli and Di Vaio unleashed in Europe. THat will be interesting to see how well they combine to impress Lippi. Honestly, if Di Vaio scores a good goal today and plays well, I think he should be a serious Juve starter and be starting in all the "important" matches. He has really proved to be a great striker. However, this could causes even more confusion for Trap for Euro 2004 :eek:

Anyways, I am really excited about tomorrows game, and have been thinking about it all day. A win is VERY important. I have been seeing many of you say draws, or even a loose is ok. Where is your pride??? WE ARE JUVENTUS. WE NEVER GIVE UP! We win even if it is not expected from us!

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
hmm.... Juventus clearly dont think highly of this match... wonder if it will be a good game to watch :undecide:
Why do you say that? I bet this will be one of Juve's very interesting and entertaining games.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
Juventus, by all means, should strive to win this game. This game is no joke, and if Juventus want to take CL seriously, they should win this game. The best scenerio is if Juve win and get 12 points, 6 clear of Real (and Gala if they win). If we win, all we would need is one more point to be garanteed winners of group D. If we loose this game, Real and Juve would be tied on points. That is not a good situation, because if Real and Juve win both of their remaining games, then we would be equal with points and the winner of the group would be accounted for GD. We should win this game and get qualification off our minds. If we loose, we will have to win until the end of the group stages to finish winners. In addition, the circumstances in Serie A right now are very tight, and one slip up and were 3rd in the league. Thats why if we finish up CL qual tomorrow night then we can concentrate on Serie A for a good amount of time.
i'm with u on that...dont wanna see us loose this game. we wanna be top of group D, and that will make life a bit easier in the 2nd round...coz we dont have to meet winners of other group...and we have the 2nd round 2nd leg home adv. juve shud win this........

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #751
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    I want to see DV-Micoli!
    Finally someone who sees this the same way as myself! Get excited people, these two are :strong::thumb:

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    yep :) im really excited ! i want to see Di Vaio and Miccoli tear up Real's defense :D

It would have been even sweeter to see Maresca in there too.... but ah well : /

like i said before, i really want to see Zalayeta too at least for a few minutes in the 2nd half.

Do you guys remember the Depor game in La Coruna ? we were 2-0 down and came back and drew 2-2 ...and could have actually won the game ! If we play like we did that day or like we played against Sociedad on matchday 3, then theres no stopping Juve.

can't wait :)

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
    yep :) im really excited ! i want to see Di Vaio and Miccoli tear up Real's defense :D

It would have been even sweeter to see Maresca in there too.... but ah well : /

like i said before, i really want to see Zalayeta too at least for a few minutes in the 2nd half.

Do you guys remember the Depor game in La Coruna ? we were 2-0 down and came back and drew 2-2 ...and could have actually won the game ! If we play like we did that day or like we played against Sociedad on matchday 3, then theres no stopping Juve.

can't wait :)
    no doubt, if we play like that we will win this game. but i dont know about seeing zalayeta back in action. im actually kinda dissapointed hes back in action. we have enough strikers, and we are doing well, why add another striker to our rotation and confuse matters. i really hope lippi doesnt include zalayeta in games regularly. maybe as a sub in some games where we have a comfortable lead. i think he needs to be loaned somewhere and when he proves his worth then he can come back. a good guy nontheless with some magnificent moves and shots. but not ready to be first team material or last minute clutch sub. thats my opinion :|

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #755

no doubt, if we play like that we will win this game. but i dont know about seeing zalayeta back in action. im actually kinda dissapointed hes back in action. we have enough strikers, and we are doing well, why add another striker to our rotation and confuse matters. i really hope lippi doesnt include zalayeta in games regularly. maybe as a sub in some games where we have a comfortable lead. i think he needs to be loaned somewhere and when he proves his worth then he can come back. a good guy nontheless with some magnificent moves and shots. but not ready to be first team material or last minute clutch sub. thats my opinion :|
    Agreed. As I said earlier about Conte, I really don't see the point in playing someone who doesn't feature in our long-term plans, and Zala obviously doesn't. The experience could be handed out to players who are continuously improving. I know this is harsh on Zala, and maybe he should get a chance to show his improvements over the off-season, but I'd rather see Miccoli and Di Vaio get a tonne of experience

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    there is no use in keeping zalayeta.. I don't know why we still have him.. he is useless.. since how long do we have this player.. 4-5 years..!!?? and he couldn't prove that he is worth playing for juve..

let give DV+miccoli the opportunity to play together for 90 min in a CL match.. I'm sure they will do well..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

I agree 100%. Zala isn't good enough for first team action and isn't good enough to be a third or fourth string striker in our current squad. We have so many options; DP-Trez, DP-DV, Micco-DV, Trez-DV, Micco-Trez, and then of course Miccoli, Del Piero and Di Vaio can all drop deeper in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Why should Lippi play Zalayeta when we have all of these options?

Aug 1, 2003
    fantasista are u for real... but then considering our defence we can let in 3 goals! hahaha

prediction : real sociedad 2-2 juventus

i wont say zala is useless, i think he would do quite well if given more matches to play in, i think what lippi should do is sell him, but i'll miss him.... i kinda like him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)