CL: Real Sociedad - Juventus (1 Viewer)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #721
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    @Gray: Will you get to watch the match? If so, good for you :) I remember last season, I didn't get to watch Serie A and ESPN would usually broadcast Man U, Real or Milan when showing CL games, so I've felt the pain that you're feeling now :down: Thank God that I now get to watch Serie A every weekend and most of Juve's CL games, even if they're not live :cap:
    Yes, I'll get to watch this particular match, but my chances of picking up a Serie A game are little to none. I'm very lucky to be watching both the Sociedad matches.

I watched Juve-Sociedad with 2 hours delayed coverage, and Sociedad-Juve is being shown about 1.5 days late (the match is played at about 4:30 a.m. local time on Wednesday, and they're showing it at 22:00 on Thursday :groan:) which means I can't visit the forums and I have to run away from anyone talking about football (the same thing happened against Barca last season. I heard these guys mention "Juventus" and I literally started running :LOL:)

It's really good if Juve reach the latter stages of the CL, because that's when they start actually covering the matches live.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    @Glenn: Didn't Montero start as a left back in the CL final? :undecide:

@nosub: Yeah, Sociedad were dominated by a 10 man Barcelona :LOL:

:angel::D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Yes, I'll get to watch this particular match, but my chances of picking up a Serie A game are little to none. I'm very lucky to be watching both the Sociedad matches.

I watched Juve-Sociedad with 2 hours delayed coverage, and Sociedad-Juve is being shown about 1.5 days late (the match is played at about 4:30 a.m. local time on Wednesday, and they're showing it at 22:00 on Thursday :groan:) which means I can't visit the forums and I have to run away from anyone talking about football (the same thing happened against Barca last season. I heard these guys mention "Juventus" and I literally started running :LOL:)

It's really good if Juve reach the latter stages of the CL, because that's when they start actually covering the matches live.
    LMFAO!!!!!!!! :LOL::howler::LOL::howler::LOL:

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++

I heard they are doubtful for the match. Not too sure what kind of injury though.
    From what i understand.........

Zambro: some kind of knee contusion.... they will be scanning his knee later on

Maresca: Ankle injury

Thuram and Trez: Resting and some minor knocks

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    I believe that we can still easily win this game. Yes Zamboy, THuram, and trez are important to the team. But we have available subs. Remeber, we are playing a spanish side, so we can attack more from the centre rather than wings, as opposed to italian teams where its almost impossible to attack from centre. Biridelli is a very underrated player and he can pull of some nice tackes and beautiful crosses (vs. barca last year ;) ) Thats our left side taken care of, and we can use ferrara or tudor for the right. we have camo to cover the right side. And as for trez, we have Di viao and miccoli :D !!! ANyways, i think DON LIPPI is the biggest Mastermind in coaching footballl. After three lost finals in CL, he has finally got it right. He has constantly made the right decisions this year and i hope it continues. I cant even picture juve loosing tomorrow. I see a faint draw, but a win is VERY likely. Remember we still have buffon, nedved, di viao, davids, appiah.. the lest GOES ON! If one thing juve has taught me this year, is that we DO NOT rely on one player...well maybe Buffon and Nedved a little ;) buts thats just cuase we dont have solid subs for them... Anyways. i got to do some homwork

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #728
    It was funny how Conte was actually one of our best players in the CL final. I wouldn't mind seeing him play again, but (sad enough as it is to say) there's little point in fielding players if they don't feature in our long-term plans, when that experience could have been given to a player like, say Maresca

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    @Glenn: Didn't Montero start as a left back in the CL final? :undecide:
    Yes my point. He started as LB in the CL final, he was crap in that position so I wondered how people still want him to play in that position ;) He should always play CB never LB

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    true. so whats the confirmed formation? someone told me that trez would actually BE playing?
    I don't think that's possible since Treze was omitted from the 20-man squad flying to Spain ..

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Yes my point. He started as LB in the CL final, he was crap in that position so I wondered how people still want him to play in that position ;) He should always play CB never LB
    True .. Montero should never play as LB again, and Ferrara shouldn't play as RB either .. they look just, err, wrong there !!

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    I watched Sociedad's game against Barca and they sucked terribly. I expect a win out of this......we definitely have better defenders than Barca.

I don't think we should look deep into Sociedad's previous matches in La Liga .. the Champions League is totally different .. Arsenal are top of the EPL but are finding it hard to win in Europe, the opposite could be said of Inter .. besides, a team could improve considerably from one match to another ..

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    :star::star: R. SOCIEDAD - JUVENTUS :star::star:

Anoeta Stadium. Wednesday November 05, 2003. 20.45 CET

Next stop for Juve: an intriguing clash in San Sebastian.

The Bianoconeri travel to the Basque country with high spirits thanks to the entertaining 1-1 draw achieved at Milan on the weekend, a result that comfirmed their sparkling form and kept their unbeaten record in all competitions alive. The same couldn't be said about Sociedad. The team arrives to the match on the back of some mixed results, after the bright start to the Champions League and 2 straight wins - including an away win in Istanbul against Galatasaray - the team has been brought back to earth with a disastrous defeat in La Liga against Atletico (0-4) and a draw against 10-man Barca (3-3). La Liga's last season's runners-up are starting to stutter and might have finally realized the difficult and daunting task of competing in two different fronts.

Tactical Set-up

Lippi is expected to continue with his rotation system that has been a success so far. First team regulars Trezeguet, Thuram, and Zambrotta will all remain in Turin along with the injured Maresca and Fresi. Del piero is set to miss this one out in anticipation for the Udinese game. Some players that have been named could finally have some action time and they include: Conte, Birindelli, Pessotto, Olivera, and Zalayeta. But as Zambrotta pointed out at the start of the season, Juve have assembled one of the strongest sides in the past years because the squad is deep and whoever is called to play gets the job done.

Miccoli might partner Milan hero Di Vaio in an interesting partnership that was deemed succesful in the pre-season campaign. Davids and Tudor are expected to return to the midfield fold. Nedved was substituted in the second half against Milan and might be used in this match too. Iulaino or Ferrara could get their chance in defence while Birindelli and Pessotto take the fullback responsibilites.

Nihat has struck a perfect partnership with ex-Juve striker Kovacevic last season but was left out of the starting lineup in the first leg as the coach opted for a more careful approach, playing Kova upfront on his own, and switching to a five-man midfield. The coach also left out De Pedro, and once introduced the team suddenly looked lively. Both (Nihat and De Pedro) are expected to start this time around.

Russian midfielder Karpin will also be briming with confidence after he finally scored in the Barca 3-3 draw. He has been critisiced for his lacklusture performances but is finally looking to get back to his old self.

Sociedad are a mere shadow of the side that battled Real for last season's La Liga. They will need to produce a much-improved performance than the one that saw them shell-shocked a fortnight ago in the Delle Alpi. Will they be able to bounce back in Euope?

Juve, on the other hand, arrive to this match with some fresh faces, who nevertheless have something common with the other teammates: a Bianconeri heart. They wouldn't want to disappoint the coach and fans, and would want to keep their trust on them.

If the Bianconeri fans are sceptical of their defence, then the Sociedad fans must by biting their nails as the team has conceded no less than 7 goals in the last 2 La Liga matches in the space of one week.

A hard fought battle is expected in another lovely European night.

Quick Facts:

• Juve have scored 8 goals and conceded 4 goals in Group D.

Sociedad have scored 5 goals and conceded 5 goals in the same group.

Juve have comitted the most number of fouls in the group (73), Sociedad have comitted the least number of fouls (32).

The most number of goals scored (23) in this season's UEFA Champions League until now have been during the 76-90 period.

Kovacevic is on top of UEFA's 'Ruled Offside' list with 10 offside calls in 3 matches.

Jul 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

I don't think we should look deep into Sociedad's previous matches in La Liga .. the Champions League is totally different .. Arsenal are top of the EPL but are finding it hard to win in Europe, the opposite could be said of Inter .. besides, a team could improve considerably from one match to another ..
    That's true, but they've been in terrible form lately for a number of games. That's not the same Sociedad that was competing for the title last year.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Yes it will be ;)--- taking in consideration that we will see the divaio micoli attack starting for last time before DP arrives. so we must see it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)