CL: Real Sociedad - Juventus (3 Viewers)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Thuram is having fitness problems .. he told Lippi that he needs some rest a couple of weeks ago, which he got .. Lippi is resting him again this for this match after his good display against Milan ..

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
I was looking forward to Maresca stamping his authority in this match but unfortunately his ankle injury ruled him out of this match .. looks like another match for Tudor in midfield ..

I guess Lippi might go with this formation:

Buffon; Birindelli, Legro, Ferrara, Pessotto; Camoranesi, Tudor, Davids; Nedved; Miccoli, Di Vaio.

Is pessotto fit enough to play?

Also, do you think that with Zambo and Thuram out of this match, that Appiah would have to play to shore up the defense and provide support for Birindelli and whoever plays LB? I'm worried about Nihat and De Pedro.

I think that Tudor will line up with Legro as our CB's

Sep 14, 2003
Thuram is having fitness problems .. he told Lippi that he needs some rest a couple of weeks ago, which he got .. Lippi is resting him again this for this match after his good display against Milan ..
Oh I see.

Pessotto is past his prime and will be very rusty as he's barely played since his injury.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
Is pessotto fit enough to play?

Also, do you think that with Zambo and Thuram out of this match, that Appiah would have to play to shore up the defense and provide support for Birindelli and whoever plays LB? I'm worried about Nihat and De Pedro.

I think that Tudor will line up with Legro as our CB's
Well, Lippi is spoilt with choices now that most players are back from injuries .. Appiah would certainly be a better choice, but with the rotation system in mind he might be rested, especially after the hard-fought match agianst Milan on the weekend .. Camoranesi could be covered up by Birindelli who won't move forward much .. I remember Biri did a good job stopping Figo in last season's semifinal, so he could manage De Pedro/Nihat .. if Pesso isn't fit enough then I don't know why will he travel with the team ..

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

if Pesso isn't fit enough then I don't know why will he travel with the team ..

He knows of some good restaurants, perhaps??

Maybe he knows all of the Bull Fighting hot spots.:D

kharbana

Jul 7, 2003
Trezeguet-Zambrotta-Thuram and Maresca , they are not ok...so why Lippi will force them to play is the are not ok...if we have others good players..

For me we will play like this:

Buffon

Tudor-----Legrottaglie----Montero(Ferrara)----Pessotto

-------Camoranesi---Tacchinardi----Davids(Appiah)

-----------------------Nedved-----------------------

------------Miccoli-----------Di Vaio----------------

And still we have in the bench:
Iuliano, Conte, Birindelli, Zalajeta :dazed:......so calm...
We are competitive :angel:

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
:D

heres the formation i'd like to see

-----------Di Vaio--------Miccoli------------

-------------------Nedved-------------------

Appiah------------Tacchi------------Camo

Montero-----Tudor-----Legro----Birindelli

--------------------Buffon---------------------

without Zambrotta we are gonna lose quite bit on the left wing : /

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I know that everyone here would like to see Juve win every single match that they play, but some of you guys are going over the top just because Lippi left Thuram, Zambrotta and Trezeguet out of the squad for this game. Firstly, winning every match is nearly impossible, and secondly, we only need one more point to guarantee our qualification to the first knockout stage and I don't see why we can't get a draw away to Sociedad with the squad that has been selected. Further more, losing to the Spaniards on Wednesday wouldn't be the end of the world because they are the second best team in Group D, they have home advantage and they have everything to play for.

Here are a few line-ups that could be used:

Buffon
Birindelli Legrottaglie Montero Pessotto
Camoranesi Tudor Davids
Nedved
Miccoli Di Vaio

Buffon
Tudor Legrottaglie Montero Birindelli
Camoranesi Appiah Davids
Nedved
Miccoli Di Vaio

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Oh shoot, I forgot about him :D That means more options for Lippi :thumb:

PS. I predict either a 2-2 draw or a 1-1 draw :)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I hope we don't lose......but If we are going to lose, and we are almost definitally going to, then lets lose now, and not at a more important time! but then again, it would be nice not to lose at all in the qualifying stages.......

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #716
    I like Stu's second formation, and man am i looking forward to seeing Miccoli and Di Vaio combine :lick: We need a :rubbing hands in excitement: smiley :) Since I don't see many matches, I haven't been able to see much of Miccoli so far, but I really think he'll turn on the style and grab himself at least a goal :extatic:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Yeah Lippi did well in resting those players especially if they picked up a knock. We do have acceptable substiutes so it's no big worries, actually it's good to see how the team plays without Zambrotta so we can see if we really depend on him or not.

What I'm surprised with is many of you putting Montero as a full back in their line ups. Didn't the CL final teach you anything? :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    @Gray: Will you get to watch the match? If so, good for you :) I remember last season, I didn't get to watch Serie A and ESPN would usually broadcast Man U, Real or Milan when showing CL games, so I've felt the pain that you're feeling now :down: Thank God that I now get to watch Serie A every weekend and most of Juve's CL games, even if they're not live :cap:

@Glenn: Well, isn't Legrottaglie-Montero Lippi's favourite central defensive duo?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Yeah Fantasista...I was referring to people putting Montero as a right back in their formations that's why I mentioned the CL final when Montero started there ;) I think if Lippi is going to put one of the central defenders as a right back it would be Ferrara not Montero....Paolo should always stay central..and should always play :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)