CL: Real Sociedad - Juventus (5 Viewers)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Sunshine - Nedved didn't get any knocks, he was just exagerating as usual ;)

USA - According to Lippi's turnover it's Miccoli-DV turn upfront, but who knows he might change the order.
Great to hear that nothing's wrong with him, but i don't know wether to :LOL: or :crying: @ your reply :undecide:

and also, Our players must be quite tired and we are alomost through this round, but i just hope that we score a couple of goals by HT, pls pls don't slack too much after that :scared:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
i think we could sacrifice this match. juve probably won't go all out, but even if we dont we tend to get the result we want so its ok. sociedad would definitely be more concentrated on this match, and i think they'll play nihat for starters.

darn.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Dont worry.....

hehe well, this match will be tough they will have no mercy against us... but we dont want to throw our unbeaten record of the season;).. so.. i think we still can make it.

Legro and monetro in the defence... because legro proved that he is able to play... and in the mid we can play nedved a half..and the other one play maresca... because lately maresca is subbing nedved in the attacking mid role *hurray!!*. But i think maresca is still injured.

di vaio and miccoli upfront would be an option..spscially miccoli that didnt played a lot.

Seriosly.. even with some benches we ca make it. At least to grab a point... that is what lippi is searching.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Juventus should take this match seriously. We should continue to play seriously until we are garanteen winners of our group. However, i think we should take this weekends game a little more seriously because if we loose it, we could drop bacck to third in Serie A.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #685
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    i think we could sacrifice this match. juve probably won't go all out, but even if we dont we tend to get the result we want so its ok. sociedad would definitely be more concentrated on this match, and i think they'll play nihat for starters.

darn.
    Dude, just because we won't go all-out and we're pretty much guaranteed qualification, there's no need to see it as 'sacrifing this match'. I'm sure we can manage a win with our second-choice team ;)

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    actually Juve play even better when they have nothing to play for -

in this case, we are pretty much guaranteed qualification... so theres less pressure on the players and the players will just play their natural game.

Remember last season ? Juve had qualified and yet they won away in Kiev which wasn't necessary.

In fact if Lippi fields a few reserves, it would be better since they would be looking to impress with the few opportunities they get.

I would like to see Zalayeta get some playing time in the 2nd half at least.

As for the Serie A game this weekend, well its Udinese at home, who aren't in good form.... while Milan have Parma and Roma have Lazio. So its safe to say that we are in a much more comfortable situation given the fact that Milan will have to give everything against Brugge.

anyway... this should be a good game. I would like to see Sociedad or Olympiakos qualify with us from this group - definitely not Galatasaray.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Just to clear things up, Maresca has already recovered from his bruise. It looked worse than it really was so lucky us! He might get a start at Sociedad or maybe gainst Udinese, we'll see.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    eh..... that was fast! he looked soo in pain....needed to be stretchered off and all....

but anyways.... i ain't going to complain about this gd news :)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Trezeguet, Thuram and and Zambrotta have not been called for this match.

If that's the case, then let's try this lineup,

-------------------------------Buffon--------------------------

Montero-----------Legro----------Tudor--------------Birindelli

Tacchinardi----------Davids----------Appiah

Nedved

DiVaio----------------------Miccoli

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Now that I think about it, I'm not too crazy about both our RB and LB being out for this game. There may be some serious problems for our defense if Nihat and De Pedro start this game.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    No Montero right back. It will either be Ferrara or Birindelli with Pessotto as LB (always if he recovered fully). If not then Ferrara RB and Biri LB.

For the midfield I actually think Camoranesi will definitely play since we won't have Thuram and Zambrotta who go up to provide crosses.

so I'm guessing midfield will look :

Camoranesi------Maresca/Tacchinardi------Davids

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    No Montero right back. It will either be Ferrara or Birindelli with Pessotto as LB (always if he recovered fully). If not then Ferrara RB and Biri LB.

For the midfield I actually think Camoranesi will definitely play since we won't have Thuram and Zambrotta who go up to provide crosses.

so I'm guessing midfield will look :

Camoranesi------Maresca/Tacchinardi------Davids

Oh, so I got Montero and Birindelli mixed up in formation.

Sue me, why don't you.:D

Go shag an anorexic, or something, Zizou.:D:D

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
    Here's the available players:

1 Gianluigi BUFFON
    2 Ciro FERRARA
    3 Alessio TACCHINARDI
    4 Paolo MONTERO
    5 Igor TUDOR
    7 Gianluca PESSOTTO
    8 Antonio CONTE
    9 Fabrizio MICCOLI
    11 Pavel NEDVED
    12 Antonio CHIMENTI
    13 Mark IULIANO
    15 Alessandro BIRINDELLI
    16 Mauro CAMORANESI
    18 Stephen APPIAH
    20 Marco DI VAIO
    22 Antonio MIRANTE
    23 Nicola LEGROTTAGLIE
    24 Ruben OLIVERA
    25 Marcelo ZALAYETA
    26 Edgar DAVIDS

Maybe Zalayeta might get some playing time in the second half but I think this is a good chance for Miccoli to get some major minutes. Look for Leggrotaglie to play at least one half and also di vaio. Davids, Camo, Tacchi, and Nedved(one half also) should start in midfield.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    :confused: no zambro+thuram+trez...?? are we looking for a defeat...? i'm confused :dazed:, dont lippi wanna win this game? not happy....:fero:

Aug 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
    :confused: no zambro+thuram+trez...?? are we looking for a defeat...? i'm confused :dazed:, dont lippi wanna win this game? not happy....:fero:
    our second string players are great, even for europe :D even if we DO lose (which I hope not) i dont think its a big problem, we've practically secured our way. :angel:

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    our second string players are great, even for europe :D even if we DO lose (which I hope not) i dont think its a big problem, we've practically secured our way. :angel:
    :D yeah....we have, but it'll be soooo gr8 that we can win in spain :cool: and get our 4 wins in CL.....

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
    I heard they are doubtful for the match. Not too sure what kind of injury though.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I was looking forward to Maresca stamping his authority in this match but unfortunately his ankle injury ruled him out of this match .. looks like another match for Tudor in midfield ..

I guess Lippi might go with this formation:

Buffon; Birindelli, Legro, Ferrara, Pessotto; Camoranesi, Tudor, Davids; Nedved; Miccoli, Di Vaio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)