CL: Real Sociedad - Juventus (25 Viewers)

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
I really enjoyed watching the game last night.

Regarding Buffon, I think he's still great but it seems he lost that "magic" that impressed everybody so much last year. I actually got worried everytime when the Sociedad players were attacking.

And Tudor, he was doing well before he made that senseless mistake...:down:

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Good, and great game! We were leading 2-0 after 7 minutes, and that showes how great we are!

And, Buffon has no crisis, he could have saved the free-kick, but made a typically Buffon save just minutes before the final whistle! So please, don't panic! Another reason, why our clean sheet is not so often here, is because the best of our defenders is injured!

Legro will come back, and we will have the 0 back! You will see!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
All the team performed well especially devio who i think is beginning to shine , i hope with dp coming back , he will not go back to the bench.

Trez connected well with devaio and performed his best match this season , i hope this form continues and not in this match only.

Tudor was ok in the match but i dont know he is becoming speialized in own goals.

Nedved was as usual giving lovely balls to deviao and trez.

Juve played in Genaral a good match that reminded me with real madrid match (not all periods of course) i was surprised to see juve back defending after 7 mnts (2-0) they get back attacking after 30 mnt.
Forza juve:D:D:D

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
After last match i think we should start looking for a new defender ... Zambo made more tackels than Juliano or Tudor ... these two are good for subs ... after Ferrara & Montero we will only have Legro to count on ....

We need someone like Ferrari or Mexez to be with Legro

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Lets not blame buffon but i was susprised to see the ball go in while he was standing near the left side , he should have seen it , but maybe the wall make him not seeing properly (this is the second goal this season from a free kick after roma goal).:(

Aug 1, 2003
ahmed, i agree totally. however what scares me is how de pedro changed the game single handedly, and maybe sociedad's coach realized his mistake and could field a better lineup against juve in spain .... damn....

but hey , it was great from juve ! FOUR goals! wait, FIVE (tudor is a juve player too ... hahaha )

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
so the situation in group D is like this:

Juventus -----------9 pts
Real Sociedad ----6 pts
Galatasaray -------3 pts
Olympiakos --------0 pts

so we need a win at spain, and olympiakos win against gala.. and we advance to next round as the group champion.. :cool:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Al Harbi ] ++
so the situation in group D is like this:

Juventus -----------9 pts
Real Sociedad ----6 pts
Galatasaray -------3 pts
Olympiakos --------0 pts

so we need a win at spain, and olympiakos win against gala.. and we advance to next round as the group champion.. :cool:
we need to win the game against Olympiakos in torino while other games we could risk sending bench players to play to get a draw.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Why didn't De Pedro and Nihat start yesterday's match ?? anyone has a logical answer to this Question ?? there is something Odd about it !!

Some of you People mentioned that Davids was good, What game were you watching last night, he totaly sucked, did nothing to mention and i don't remember him winning a single challenge and we lost our balance, Real started controlling the game and began their come back, when he was Insterted instead of Camo, who was doing an Excellent job Offensively and defensively.

An overall Good match and performance from our players, but i hate the way we let out opponents back to the game. Lippi should think of something to stop this nonsense.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

I just don't like him. He seems lazy out there, and the maddening part of it is, when he plays for the National Team, it's like he's a whole different player!!!!

I would hate to think that this whole contract issue is what's causing it, but I wouldn't be surprised, either.
Boy, yesterday He worked very hard and if you missed the game please watch it because I am tired of all these bull shits.
Last Season he was, along side with Nedvel, one of the best player of our team so please get your words back.:fero::fero:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Sociedad came from a loss against bottom club. Their coach probably thought of shaking the team by excluding some first team regulars; I guess it did not work.

But hey all this Buffon criticism is really silly. Thre free kick was a well taken free kick as it was very strong and it did not give Buffon much time to react, other than that he made some excellent saves on Kovacevic and Nihat.

Last season I remember during this period Buffon making much bigger like against Newcastle for example. If we really have to blame something or someone, it's the defensive duties on set pieces which suck. We let in too many goals from these set pieces (free kicks, corners, etc..)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

we need to win the game against Olympiakos in torino while other games we could risk sending bench players to play to get a draw.
if we win next match against Real, and olympiakos win against gala.. the table will look like this:

Juventus -----------12 pts
Real Sociedad ----6 pts
Galatasaray -------3 pts
Olympiakos --------3 pts

that means that the only team who can reach us is real, and if they reach us they will come second becoz we beat them twice.. home and away.. so we qualify for next round as #1..

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Trezeguet was actually not o bad yeaterday. Actually Di Vaio was worse than him (altho good) as he missed a few good chances (that header). I ever remember Treze sprinting back to his own half to hel out in defence. :eek:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I don't think ppl on here are criticising Buffon,they are quite rightly pointing out his mistakes and I am sorry but theres no excuse for being beaten at your side of the wall, especially if it was you who set up the wall, so saying he did not see it , is no good an excuse
He is a great keeper and I would continue to say it till the cow comes home that alongside Schmeichel, he is the best I have seen talent wise, but he does concede a lot from free kicks and thats worrying cos almost anyone who takes a free kick has beaten him

The defence quite rightly gets stick but isnt there a bigger picture here, do you guys not think it a waste to have a defensive midfielder/s who do not stop attacks from opposition and do not add to our attacks at least in Real Madrid, they do not have any more solid defensive midfielders but the mids do contribute to the attack

It cannot be all Iuliano, Ferrara, Montero Thuram or Leggrotaglie's fault if they are not adrequately protected so I think we should go for all out attack in every game as we do not seem to know anymore how to keep a clean sheet but when we go for teams we show that we can score

So why the hell are we so damned defensive in certain games?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
but he does concede a lot from free kicks and thats worrying cos almost anyone who takes a free kick has beaten him
Zidane did not succeed last year ;)

And which other free kick people have scored against Buffon? You make it sound like we conceded a goal from a free kick against all teams, but only against Roma we did this year (and it was Appiah's mistake there).

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

Zidane did not succeed last year ;)

And which other free kick people have scored against Buffon? You make it sound like we conceded a goal from a free kick against all teams, but only against Roma we did this year (and it was Appiah's mistake there).
Amazing how u always focus on one part of ppl's post and still manage to tske it out of context
Well to answer your question
Baggio for Inter against Parma in cl playoffs, Batistuta for roma against juve when they beat us at home 2-0, which was bati fiirst goal of the season and was not a good fk, Henry against juve 3-1 at higbury, van hoidoonk vs juve cl for feyernoord, to mention a few off the top of my head

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #460
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

It cannot be all Iuliano, Ferrara, Montero Thuram or Leggrotaglie's fault if they are not adrequately protected so I think we should go for all out attack in every game as we do not seem to know anymore how to keep a clean sheet but when we go for teams we show that we can score
    Yeah, it's all Legro's fault! :LOL:

++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
    yea,....yea, ok, you win :D:p

What do u think about Lee Chun Soo on the game, uh? ;)
    I honestly think he was Sociedad's most effective player in the second half, and although subbing on De Pedro was a good move, but I don't think Lee should have been taken off. Even though he got a lot of possession, I really wish he made more of it (we would've won anyway :))

++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    But hey all this Buffon criticism is really silly. Thre free kick was a well taken free kick as it was very strong and it did not give Buffon much time to react, other than that he made some excellent saves on Kovacevic and Nihat.
    The reason for the criticism of Buffon's effort is just cos he could have saved it. His dive was good, but he just didn't grapple the ball away :(

++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
    Trezeguet was actually not o bad yeaterday. Actually Di Vaio was worse than him (altho good) as he missed a few good chances (that header). I ever remember Treze sprinting back to his own half to hel out in defence. :eek:
    Are you serious!? No way, Di Vaio was much more active in the game, and did much more running. Trez also missed an easy chance, and he was completely expecting that ball to come in from Di Vaio, while DV's header wasn't so easy, since Nedved's freekick came in pretty quickly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)