[CL] Real Madrid 1-1 JUVENTUS (May 13th, 2015) (6 Viewers)

MOM

• Juventus

• Juventus

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 13, 2007
First, Congrats to everyone. This was a long time coming. Who would have thought when Max Allegri was appointed to replace Conte in the midst of confusion, betrayal, resentment, and skepticism, that he would lead us to this. To being Italian Champions for the fourth time in a row, to being in the Coppa final, to launch us to the most prestigious honour in football, to play the Champions league final.

Who would have thought that those overly hopeful optimistic supporters actually had a point when they asked about the possible intersection between the Coppa and CL goal dates?

Who would have thought that after looking down and out after the first half, we would grind through the way we did?

Fellow Juventini, this is a historic moment that truly marks the end of suffering from the complex of being underfunded, a victory from being underrated, and the re-emergence of a European Giant that is back exactly where it belongs, at the very top of the European stage.

With regards to the final, we are clear underdogs, which suits me fine. I would want no one else to respond to that label as much as these group of players. From thought to be washed up legends like Patrice, Tevez, that were cast away, to young brilliance disregarded in the form of Pogba and Morata to great warriors that deserve a taste of European Glory in Chiellini, Barzagli, Marchisio, Vidal, Bonnuci, and Lichtsteiner to loyalty and passion that never dies in Buffon This is not just a great underdog story, this is the tale of the misfits, the overlooked, and the ignored. Most importantly, it is one to be continued.

I'm so proud of this team, and no matter what the result of the final, they have given us reason to dream again. And that for me is the greatest gift from tonight.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Don't forget, we are the home team in the final:weee:

Biggest idiot of the night, the ballboy
if I were one of the Juve players after we made it 1-1 i would have given the ball boy the ball back over and over again

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what is sexier, the scoreline or that ass?

- - - Updated - - -

its now 6AM here in the Philippines. how do i freakkkkkin' sleep? JUVE!
you dont. you fucking party and call sick into work tomorrow

Jan 5, 2007
First, Congrats to everyone. This was a long time coming. Who would have thought when Max Allegri was appointed to replace Conte in the midst of confusion, betrayal, resentment, and skepticism, that he would lead us to this. To being Italian Champions for the fourth time in a row, to bring being in the Coppa final, to launch us to the most prestigious honour in football, to play the Champions league final.

Who would have thought that those overly hopeful optimistic supporters actually had a point when they asked about the possible intersection between the Coppa and CL goal dates?

Who would have thought that after looking down and out in the second half, we would grind through the way we did?

Fellow Juventini, this is a historic moment that truly marks the end of suffering from the complex of being underfunded, a victory from being underrated, and the re-emergence of a European Giant that is back exactly where it belongs, to the very top of the European stage.

With regards to the final, we are clear underdogs, which makes me even happier. I would want no one else to respond to that label as much as these group of players. From thought to be washed up legends like Patrice, Tevez, that were cast away, to young brilliance disregarded in the form of Pogba and Morata. This is not just a great underdog story, this is the tale of the misfits, the overlooked, and the ignored.

I'm so proud of this team, and no matter what the result of the final, they have given us reason to dream again. And that is the greatest gift from tonight.
+ rep my friend

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Well that was a fairly mixed performance from Juve.

They started fine and got into the game, but then got careless in possession and Real's goal was coming for about five mins before it arrived because Juve kept giving the ball away and invited attack after attack. The defence did well to limit Real to the few chances they had because the rest of the team was not functioning properly.

At the start of the second half, the midfield started to do better, but Tevez and Morata were then failing to keep the ball and that made it hard for Juve to do anything. The midfield still wasn't in control in the way they ought to have been, but the defence kept Juve in it.

Then the goal happened.

Real managed a brief flurry after the goal, but they had put a lot into the first half and it was clearly very hard work playing in the heat, so it was hard for them to really build momentum and severe pressure. Most of the time they were just knocking crosses in that Juve dealt with comfortably, particularly once Juve went to 3-5-2.

As Real pushed, Juve should have scored to finish it.

Juve's midfield really didn't control the game the way they should have. They got drawn too wide and ended up playing Real's game, where they should have had the strength in that area to impose themselves and play the game they wanted to. It didn't help that the forwards offered nothing for so much of the game so Real were able to get pressure on Juve's midfield in a way they shouldn't have been able to do without taking more risks.

So Juve did a hell of a lot wrong in the game, but they got some luck when they needed it, so got away with a fairly indifferent performance.

Anyway, congrats, abdy. :malt:
That's about right.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I think the post calciopoli years have broken people and now they're scared to put themselves out there and say they believe. It is of course a coward's attitude, because you protect your heart expecting it to be broken. I say fuck that, I believe we will beat Barcelona and take what is rightfully ours.
Exactly, because there is another thing to remember, wich i said right before the ban.
Barcelona, is a pretty terrible opponent, in a knockout. Cause they can easely score away from home. And quite possibly the worst team to visit.
From all 3, 'id pick them for the final. They lose the most quality when they cant do their homegames, and we evade the knockout in wich we'd had to visit them.

I saw how they did against Bayern. Bayern left acres of space and got spanked on the counter. But when bayern was keeping it more tight and got into the midfield battle, Barcelona suffered getting that ball to their forwards.Offcourse, Lahm and schweinsteiger and (to lesser extend) Xabi alonso is not an easy midfield to face.

Then consider Juventus who's defence is MUCH better then Bayern's was, our midfield wich quite simply is the most tough to face

We are once again, that team that gives the garry nevil reaction. The "oh for fucks sake, not juventus", cause we are horrible to play against.

That very notion, is worth so much. We'll never be a favorite for the cup. But EVERYONE knows we can win from anyone, and you will play alot less good against us, cause we are THE worst team to play

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The forwards were still too static.

What I didn't understand was that Juve kept playing balls to Morata who had Ramos at his back. That's the situation Ramos wants.

The balls forward should have been in front of Varane or beyond Ramos to try and take advantage of their weaknesses.
Pogba didn't play enough to their right back otherwise it would have been a great way to threaten. Evra was suffering from that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)