[CL] Real Madrid 1-1 JUVENTUS (May 13th, 2015) (5 Viewers)

MOM

• Juventus

• Juventus

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Playing Pirlo in this match makes zero sense IMO.

I could even digest seeing him start in Turin, but now, nope.
I agree, in Turin it was somehow digestible, but since Juve will be relying on counter attacks and Real will put pressure whenever Juve has the ball I think instead of Pirlo Marchisio would be better and one of Pereyra or Sturaro in his place.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Playing Pirlo in this match makes zero sense IMO.

I could even digest seeing him start in Turin, but now, nope.
As much as I hate to say it, I agree. In Turin he ran as much as he could and worked his ass off, but he was so sloppy in possession. I won't criticise him too much, because he has given a lot and I like the way he plays, but I'd rather see him benched on Wednesday.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I agree, in Turin it was somehow digestible, but since Juve will be relying on counter attacks and Real will put pressure whenever Juve has the ball I think instead of Pirlo Marchisio would be better and one of Pereyra or Sturaro in his place.
As much as I hate to say it, I agree. In Turin he ran as much as he could and worked his ass off, but he was so sloppy in possession. I won't criticise him too much, because he has given a lot and I like the way he plays, but I'd rather see him benched on Wednesday.
Exactly.

I even love seeing him start, even in big matches when many doubt his abilities. He's still able to solve the match with just one pass but IMO he brings more instability in this match. In Turin, at some point, he was our second player who run the most as only Vidal ran 400 meters more (he was around 10.5km), but it's not even a point about not running enough, but having ineffective runs where we have to rely more on dynamic counters and quick response to shut down their midfield. Andries is also right, he was quite sloppy in possession in the first match, as he made quite silly mistakes. I also expect Real to have much aggressive style in this one which surely doesn't suit Pirlo. If we do start him then I wouldn't be surprised if the sole reason for that is to rely on him scoring from a FK.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Pirlo like Ancelotti said still get so much attention from the opposition, if we are playing Vidal as AM, i am okey with Pirlo starting, his accurate long passes will be much needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)