CL: Olympiakos - Juventus (2 Viewers)

Mona

Feb 24, 2003
Olympiakos & Juve without Delpiero!!
What do you think the best formation that Lippi should choose :confused: to cover Delpiero's absence!!

What do u think about this match in general?????

Here's where you tell all!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It's gonna be really tough without DP, but Juve can cope. We coped without him last season and we'll do it again this season :)

I dunno whether we'll see 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2 but my hunch is that Lippi will leave Miccoli on the bench because he isn't match fit and he'll start with Di Vaio alongside Trez, who should be back from injury.

About the match in general, hmmm, I think we'll win it, but only just. Maybe another 2-1.

Co0l-GiRl

Mar 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
I dunno whether we'll see 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2 but my hunch is that Lippi will leave Miccoli on the bench because he isn't match fit and he'll start with Di Vaio alongside Trez, who should be back from injury.
It is a good chance for Di Vaio to prove himself more!!!

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Well this match will mostly decide and shape our journey. If we win this match, then we will have a 70% chance of qualifying for the next round. This match is very important IMHO. we should try to win it at any cost as i consider it the easiest away match. easier the GS & sociedad. but i am worried about our away form.

My prediction is 2-0 victory for Juventus.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yeah, I agree with you Mohammed. This is by far our easiest away clash so we need to take advantage of it by getting the full three points. A draw away to GS or Sociedad is acceptable, but not against Olympiakos.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
No, it's not, but we can do it. Last year we beat opposition such as Inter, Depor and Parma without DP, so we should be able to beat Olympiakos.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
No, it's not, but we can do it. Last year we beat opposition such as Inter, Depor and Parma without DP, so we should be able to beat Olympiakos.
But this could be without Trez, and an unfit Miccoli and Zalayeta...

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i thought in the begining that it would be tough too,
but then i sat down and thought a bit more calm,
and i realized that alex's absende is not THAT serious....

i was sad in the begining but cause i wouldn't see alex playing against olympiakos,
but then i was even more sad cause i won't see alex..... :down:

he won't come and i won't have the opportunity to see him 1 of my fav players... :down:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

But this could be without Trez, and an unfit Miccoli and Zalayeta...
Yeah, but last season we didn't have an in form Di Vaio or even an unfit Miccoli. We had a useless Salas!

gray

Apr 22, 2003

Yeah, but last season we didn't have an in form Di Vaio or even an unfit Miccoli. We had a useless Salas!
hehe good point.. but then again remember Trez

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

but then again remember Trez
What for? ;) OK, all jokes aside, Trez is a great finisher and a great goalscorer but Di Vaio is way more complete and I think complements Del Piero very well since he can also play on the left which allows him to interchange with Alex easily and unlike Trez he can create chances for his strike partner as well as score them.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Hey Juve is not just DP, Juve is a whole team no matter who's playing ;) The only irreplaceable players are Buffon, Nedved and Zambrotta, other than them, all other players can be replaced and Juve still win :)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Hey Juve is not just DP, Juve is a whole team no matter who's playing ;) The only irreplaceable players are Buffon, Nedved and Zambrotta, other than them, all other players can be replaced and Juve still win :)
Only Buffon is irreplaceable, all others are replaceable.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
There are others who can fill Nedved's role this season like Maresca, Miccoli & Olivera. We lacked all those last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)