[CL] Olympiacos 1-0 JUVENTUS (October 22nd 2014) (62 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Why are people saying we need to win the last 3 games when that isn't true?

First half was pathetic. Second half was much, much better. That spell of pressure in the last 20 minutes deserved a goal and hopefully the amount of chances we created there forces Allegri to realise that the 3-5-2 needs to go. FFS stop playing like little bitches and affording so much respect to opposition with inferior players. Why the fuck do we have to go 1-0 down in European away games before we try to attack? It's fucking disgraceful and a clear indication of where we're at in the Champions League. In a way it could be a blessing in disguise that we lost this. If their keeper didn't have the game of his life (which always seems to happen against us) we would've left with a point, called it a good result, and been content to play the same way next time. Fingers crossed that we learn a lesson from this.

Pirlo was awful and needs to be dropped. Vidal is also out of form. Morata was by far our most positive player and deserves to start over Llorente. Tevez wasn't at his best tonight. Lichtsteiner and Asamoah were useless in the 3-5-2. Coincidence that they offered much more when we changed formation? No. Asamoah looks capable of playing at LB. The back three were fine I guess. Buffon did his job. I liked Allegri's changes but they should've come earlier.

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
I've not posted on here in a long time - but after the game tonight I feel the dread of another European nightmare

This side needs a fresh new vision but I have no confidence in the current set up to get this right

All those years we took world class strikers for granted and now we are left with the portly Tevez being our outstanding option. We are just so slow, both in thought and in motion, going forward. And the hunger of say two years ago, simply isn't there unfortunately. None of this is new but it's really being hammered home tonight. I'm worried for the short to mid term direction/future of this club

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I'm just saying that it would be possible with our squad. God knows how effective it would actually be :D
I actually think it would be a useful option. Without doubt it would be more effective than this horrible 5-3-2 that we seem insistent upon. Just starting with a different system would be effective because everyone would be drilled in how to cope with the 5-3-2

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
You're hundreds if not thousands of miles away from Greece, in a tiny rock rotating around a star in an extremely large universe with supernovas and blackholes all around us. And you're feeling sick over this loss? Man up.
You are right. It's stupid to feel sick over this but that is my current situation. I'll propobly be normal by the next game.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I actually think it would be a useful option. Without doubt it would be more effective than this horrible 5-3-2 that we seem insistent upon. Just starting with a different system would be effective because everyone would be drilled in how to cope with the 5-3-2
Shut the fuck up, Roma lost 1-7 with a 4-3-3 yesterday.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Tevez: 'Juve need new mentality'
By Football Italia staff

Carlos Tevez said Juventus “have to change” mentality in the Champions League after a defeat to Olympiacos.

“Roberto put in an incredible performance and Olympiacos can thank him for the victory,” the striker told Sport Mediaset after a 1-0 result.

“We have to turn over a new leaf and find something within ourselves. We must remember that we are Juventus. We certainly didn’t come here to lose.”

The Bianconeri are so dominant domestically, yet have won the Champions League only once.

“The history of Juventus have always been a bit like this, they do well in Serie A and struggle in Europe. If we want to become a great team then we have to turn that around and I believe we can change it.

“I think it is an issue of mentality and it depends only on us to change.”

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
:lol:

Safe to say that I am taking it easy with regards to the rest of the season. If they dont give a fuck I refuse to sit here all enraged and shit. Cunts, the lot of them.
Same. Not gonna get too worked up about it anymore. We aren't that good, and our form in the pathetic league known as Serie A, is masking it. But we are found out by average teams in Europe. So yeah, whatever. Not even surprised or shocked by it anymore.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Fuck! We play Empoli just before the return leg, no chance for resting our players. We play Parma just after Olympiacos so i think we should play some reserve players vs greeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)