[CL] Monaco 0-2 JUVENTUS [3rd May, 2017] (9 Viewers)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I don't want to under-rate Monaco and what they've done so far but I see Juve scoring at least once for many reasons:

1- Gonzalo HAS to score
2- They are weak defensively
3- Allegri
I think it'll be the complete opposite. Regardless of all this talking about not underestimating Monaco. It's in our DNA to struggle against the "minnows" at times and not so much against the "bigger " clubs.

This tie will be a closer call than what others are suggesting.

I remember getting to Finals and buzzing that we're there and getting that Final feeling, not no more. Unfortunately that's just half the problem. As the other is having the same mental block as Higuain does on the big occasions.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I think it'll be the complete opposite. Regardless of all this talking about not underestimating Monaco. It's in our DNA to struggle against the "minnows" at times and not so much against the "bigger " clubs.
From what I remember since Allegri took over he's taken these type of teams very serious and has done tremendous job.

In 2014/15
Vs Atletico (Group Stages)
Vs Dortmund (2nd round)
Vs Monaco (Quarters)

In 2015/16
Vs City (Group Stages)
Vs Sevilla (Group Stages)
Vs Gladbach (Group Stages)

2016/17
Vs Lyon (Group Stages)
Vs Sevilla (Group Stages)
Vs Porto (2nd round)

Allegri has done pretty well against those type of teams TBH, in-fact he has done well against most of the teams be average or world class team.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010

This tie will be a closer call than what others are suggesting.

I remember getting to Finals and buzzing that we're there and getting that Final feeling, not no more. Unfortunately that's just half the problem. As the other is having the same mental block as Higuain does on the big occasions.
Heh we've been doing just fine against 'minnows' ever since group stage.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Jinx is on :baus:

Rudy Garcia: "Juve's defense is one of the best in football history. Higuain is more complete than Falcao. Dybala is a phenomenon."

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We are going to obliterate Monaco. In 2000 years time people will speak of Monaco as we do of Atlantis.
:D

I'm afraid cause I see people underestimate Monaco. Sure, we're a better team and I'd expect us to go through. However, I doubt it's gonna be easy. Ligue 1 ain't super strong but it's quite surprising to see them at the first spot.

Hopefully we won't walk relaxed into this one as they will probably start aggressively.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
It's gonna be easy. Of course it's a semi final so we shouldn't underestimate them, but it gonna be easy.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Some information/facts ahead of tonight's encounter.

Match stats

This is the second time these sides have met in a Champions League semi-final. Juventus secured their passage to the final with a 6-4 aggregate victory 19 years ago, before losing to Real Madrid in the final.
Monaco have reached the Champions League semis for the fourth time after 1993-94, 1997-98 and 2003-04. No other French league team have made the last four more than once.
After failing to reach the last four of the Champions League from 2003-04 to 2013-14, Juventus have now made the semis for the second time in three seasons.
Juventus have reached the final in five of their six previous Champions League semis.
Juventus, alongside Real Madrid, are the only unbeaten team in this season's Champions League (W7 D3) and have not conceded a goal for 531 minutes, the longest current run in the competition.
Monaco have won 71% of their home games in the Champions League (22 out of 31). Among clubs to have hosted at least 30 games, only Real Madrid (76.5%), Barcelona (72.1%) and Bayern Munich (71.3%) have a better win ratio.
The Ligue 1 leaders have scored exactly three goals in each of their four Champions League knockout games this season. They are the first team in the competition's history to find the net at least three times in four consecutive knockout games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)