[CL] Manchester City - Juventus (September 15, 2015) (72 Viewers)

Manchester City 1-2 Juventus Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Lichtsteiner

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Evra

• Sturaro

• Hernanes

• Pogba

• Cuadrado

• Morata

• Mandžukić

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
can we shut up about how one of us is better than the other in this forum please. I don't give a $#@! about who's "loyal" or "had faith" or some of that $#@!. if none of us loved Juve we won't be on this forum right now. let's talk about the TEAM instead.
This :dule: I love all you guys. Let's stay united.

Aug 1, 2003
I am happy to see certain things still remain from last season :D

1. max's HT talks - Juve upped their game in the 2nd half
2. a comeback from being a goal down ... never say die attitude
3. Lockdown with Barzagli (my favourite!)

I think this was a crucial win psychologically for us and I am happy with how we performed in that sense. How we gel as a team or the state of the players form is something we can work on, but playing the way we did was important for our psychology

Cuadrado played well but my MoTM has to be Buffon - he's a dying breed

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
can we shut up about how one of us is better than the other in this forum please. I don't give a $#@! about who's "loyal" or "had faith" or some of that $#@!. if none of us loved Juve we won't be on this forum right now. let's talk about the TEAM instead.
And it is not wrong when positive people tell the negative people to man up. you've been in army sir?!

Oct 23, 2011
Why are some of you blaming the people who criticized the team for the past three weeks, you think it was unjustified? Nonetheless, i am extremely satisfied with this result as it is always important to start off with three points, and especially if it is in an away game against the biggest contender for the 1st spot. Besides that, this will be a huge boost to our self confidence which has been lacking for the last couple of weeks.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Pretty good performance, very good tactical set up, great result. On paper it was a 4-3-3 but for large parts without the ball it was more like a 4-4-2 with Cuadrado RM and Pogba left mezz'ala.

Buffon saved us at times but we know what he can do and why he is the player he is. What else can you say about the rest of the defence? They are becoming our guarantee.

I was impressed with how Hernanes and Cuadrado slotted in tactically, they both covered positions well and put the hard yards in.

Sturaro was like chalk and cheese alongside them, his defensive work was fantastic but his use of the ball was borderline terrible for the most, he looked like he was treading sand. He looked a little like Vidal from last season :snoop:

Pogba should cut out a bit of the fancy stuff in risky areas, he just about got away with a couple. When he sticks to the basics he is a better player, it seems like he feels the need to show everyone what a great player he is. He did that best with his assist and those driving runs.

Neither Morata or Mandzukic looked particularly sharp or 100% fit, but both scored nice goals. Tactically you could see why they were used over the less athletic Dybala.

City's goal was bullshit, and could have cost us badly, especially in this difficult moment, but this will happen dragging officials in from sub-par leagues. The 5th official just stood there like a lemon, that's simply down to being afraid.

It's just the sort of reminder we needed that we are a very good team. The inclusion of more experienced players was important for tonight's game, but the younger lads will all do well given time.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Pallegrini said City played better.
I have to disagree although I admit we should close down better and we need better than Sturarro!

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Hope we wont get complacent in this competition now.

Next game against Sevilla is a must win. We don't need any complications.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
This gives me confidence that we will turn the league around because when the going gets tough we pull through and today we did that. Fino Alla Fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)