[CL] Manchester City - Juventus (September 15, 2015) (27 Viewers)

Manchester City 1-2 Juventus Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Lichtsteiner

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Evra

• Sturaro

• Hernanes

• Pogba

• Cuadrado

• Morata

• Mandžukić

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I see Draw at Halftime and possibly Juve win the game in the 2nd half.

I'm just optimistic and I have no idea why.
You're optimistic because of our time together last night. I showed you the light at the end of my tunnel and now you see it too.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
You're optimistic because of our time together last night. I showed you the light at the end of my tunnel and now you see it too.
Indeed. You always start slow but once your engine is oiled pretty well, nothing stops you.

Juve's engine will show up tomorrow.

I am already wet.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Even I hate the 3-5-2 but this is a game in which I would use it. It's not like we stand a chance and are in form anyway, so hopefully we can absorb some pressure and get a 0-0 or lucky 1-1. Man City isn't used to the 3-5-2 and how we use it defensively, so it might end up working in this instance. It also may fail miserably.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
This is a EPL side, we need pacey players from the start. Cuadrado and AS simply have to start
Seems unlikely either will play unfortunately IMO. I trust however that Allegri at least won't risk playing two out and out strikers in a game where we are expected to be without possession for long periods. (Fairly similar to what Pellegrini has done in big games in Europe deploying both Aguero and Dzeko)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Even I hate the 3-5-2 but this is a game in which I would use it. It's not like we stand a chance and are in form anyway, so hopefully we can absorb some pressure and get a 0-0 or lucky 1-1. Man City isn't used to the 3-5-2 and how we use it defensively, so it might end up working in this instance. It also may fail miserably.
The same could be said about any of the 4-man backline formations and it will be as good as any argument you or any other person would give regarding the 3-5-2. I say play our game, play the formation we played against Chievo, but instruct the players to sit a bit deeper and wait for the counter. It could work amazing, cause its the best formation for us, a modern formation, a formation where we could use our most talented players and use their abilities to the fullest and might even get a good result against City, we might even win the game. Or, it will just fail miserably.....

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon
Licht BonBon Chiellini Alex
Pereyra Pogba
Cuadrado Hernanes Dybala
Morata

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would probably use:

Buffon

Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini

Licht - Lemina - Pogba - Sturaro - AS

Mandzukic - Dybala

Lemina and Sturaro will have to do most of the picking up of Toure and Silva, which means Pogba might have more freedom to roam when we have the ball. I know Lemina is inexperienced, but he seems to be rather quick and would do a better job than Padoin out of position. Mandzukic is included simply because he would be able to run his ass off and pressure their CB's into making mistakes. Maybe we can grab a goal through a set piece or counter with this. Morata to come on in the second half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)