[CL] Maccabi Haifa 0-1 Juventus, Nov 3rd, 2009 (34 Viewers)

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Pretty much, only good news is 3 pts, Diego did well, and Trez wasnt injured. I was really afraid he would be if he played, because then only forward we would have for Atalanta would be Immobile.

Though we arent off the hook yet, still 4 days of training with fucking butchers in medical staffs clothing:sergio:
what's wrong with amauri?!

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
I dont know if it was the Henessey Cognac or what but Tiago's lack of movement was just makin me fume. This nigga turned purple everytime Tiago involved himself in a play!
Today's results also mean Bordeux are the 1st team to qualify for the last 16.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The 3 points and the fact that we finally played as a big team in the added time, does it for me to call this match a positive one.
I was so pleased when our boys didn't let the Maccabi players touch the ball in the added 3 minutes. We were passing smartly, we were winning fouls, corners and we didn't let them have the ball even for a second. That's what big teams do and that's what Juve were never doing recently, without Del Piero.

Diego is the MOtM. The boy was dying on the pitch.
Positive : Poulsen overall, Melo defensively and Caceres offensively.

It was a bad performance so it can hardly be excused, but I acknowledge that there was strong pressure to win this so it might have affected the team.

Now Bordeaux. They're already qualified even if they lose both matches (in that case, if Bayern win both matches, Bordeaux and Bayern will have 10pts but Bordeaux has a better h2h). This makes the Juve match a pressure-less for Bordeaux. They can play in a relaxed mood because the only thing at stake is the 1st place, but even if they don't achieve it, qualifying from the groups is a great enough success for them, so the pressure is definitely gone.
Now I don't know if this is good or bad for us. I hope it's good.

As for Juve, a draw and a defeat in Bordeaux are absolutely the same if Bayern beats Maccabi. That's good because we won't play cowardly to get a draw, since the draw is no better than a defeat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)