[CL] Maccabi Haifa 0-1 Juventus, Nov 3rd, 2009 (70 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
We will have to play on Thursdays then and will be too tired in weekends. Lets just loose all the remaining games and let Maccabi take the uefa cup spot also. :D Then we can concentrate on making the 2nd place in Serie A.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #82
    We will have to play on Thursdays then and will be too tired in weekends. Lets just loose all the remaining games and let Maccabi take the uefa cup spot also. :D
    Well it doesn't matter in Italy, we have absolutely no chance of doing anything.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    I think it's better we go out to the UEFA cup, maybe we have a chance to go further instead of getting humiliated in the second round.
    If we go there we will win more points for sure, but less money. Which one you prefer?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    I still think we will loose more games in league because of fitness then. There is always the question of how much to we care about the mickey mouse cup anyway.

And i am interested to finish at least second in the league.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #85
    If we go there we will win more points for sure, but less money. Which one you prefer?
    How much less money?

I think it's good if Alen calculates that.

If we advance to the second round in the CL, I see us playing at most two matches and then leave the tournament. How much money will we gain for that?

And how far we should go in Europa League to break even with the CL money?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    We will have to play on Thursdays then and will be too tired in weekends. Lets just loose all the remaining games and let Maccabi take the uefa cup spot also. :D Then we can concentrate on making the 2nd place in Serie A.
    But if we play in UEFA, we can play with Tiago, Poulsen, Molinaro, Grygera , Chimenti. It might turn to a nice marketing campaign, who knows maybe they impress and we get the attention of Red Bull Salzburg, Sheriff Tiraspol, Puntigamer Sturm Graz, Hapoel Tel-Aviv, Ventspils, Timisoara and the rest.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    How much less money?

If we advance to the second round in the CL, I see us playing at most two matches and then leave the tournament. How much money will we gain for that?

I am not sure but I think it must be around 10 million, as for UEFA even if go further than the final we won't make half of that money we will win from qualifying to the second round in CL.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    How much less money?

In 2007:

Champions League prize money
    AC Milan (winners) £26,721,694
    Chelsea £23,394,444
    Liverpool £21,744,696
    Manchester United £21,282,373
    Arsenal £13,008,610

UEFA Cup prize money
    Sevilla (winners) £4,219,587
    Tottenham £2,917,724
    Newcastle £303,758

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    This is what i found when i googled Jack.

We’re heading into a new season of European football, which for most people really only means Champions League football. The big question ahead of every Champions League season is of course not who wins it – Stuttgart won’t, Wolfsburg won’t and most probably Bayern won’t either so why bother – but who earns how much. The good news for all participating clubs is, that you once again earn more than in the previous season. For shits and giggles I also included the Europa League to see if it’s still as much of a financial joke as the UEFA Cup (Spoiler Alert: it is).

Bonuses Champions League 2008/2009 – 2009/2010
    Group Stage (fixed): €5.4m – €7.1m
    Group Stage Victory: €600k – €800k
    Group Stage Draw: €300k – €400k
    Round of 16: €2.2m – €3m
    Quarterfinal: €2.5m – €3.3m
    Semifinal: €3m – €4m
    Losing Finalist: €4m – €5.2m
    Winner: €7m – €9m
    Theoretical Maximum: €23.7m – €31.2m

Bonuses UEFA Cup/Europa League 2008/2009 – 2009/2010

Group Stage (fixed): €115k – €900k
    Group Stage Victory: €40k – €120k
    Group Stage Draw: €20k – €60k
    Round of 32: €70k – €180k
    Round of 16: €70k – €270k
    Quarterfinal: €300k – €360k
    Semifinal: €600k – €630k
    Losing Finalist: €1.5m – €2m
    Winner: €2.5m – €3m
    Theoretical Maximum: €3.815m (CL 6.2x more) – €6.06m (CL 5.1x more)

Now, I was probably a bit harsh on the Europa League. The early stages of the competition have been boosted quite a bit, while the quarter- and semifinal bonuses remained virtually untouched. The new group stage also means three guaranteed home games compared to two in the old UEFA Cup. The gap between the two European competitions remains immense though and is further widened with the help of the somewhat complicated market pool.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #93
    JCK, Snoop and Stephan stop it for god sake it is not funny anymore I almost have tears in my eyes:D
    What is not funny?

I want to see those members who laugh at Milan to show up now. We are the laughing stock of Serie A. As Vinman said, we have played only two matches the whole season.

We earn same when we win the uefa cup as if we would advance to next round in CL.
    And that is good, at least we'll bring in silverware and get back to learning how to win tournaments.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    But if we play in UEFA, we can play with Tiago, Poulsen, Molinaro, Grygera , Chimenti. It might turn to a nice marketing campaign, who knows maybe they impress and we get the attention of Red Bull Salzburg, Sheriff Tiraspol, Puntigamer Sturm Graz, Hapoel Tel-Aviv, Ventspils, Timisoara and the rest.
    Yeah, Tiago rejected Tottenham, theres no way he will go to Ventspils.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    We’re heading into a new season of European football, which for most people really only means Champions League football. The big question ahead of every Champions League season is of course not who wins it – Stuttgart won’t, Wolfsburg won’t and most probably Bayern won’t either so why bother – but who earns how much. The good news for all participating clubs is, that you once again earn more than in the previous season. For shits and giggles I also included the Europa League to see if it’s still as much of a financial joke as the UEFA Cup (Spoiler Alert: it is).

Bonuses Champions League 2008/2009 – 2009/2010
    Group Stage (fixed): €5.4m – €7.1m
    Group Stage Victory: €600k – €800k
    Group Stage Draw: €300k – €400k
    Round of 16: €2.2m – €3m
    Quarterfinal: €2.5m – €3.3m
    Semifinal: €3m – €4m
    Losing Finalist: €4m – €5.2m
    Winner: €7m – €9m
    Theoretical Maximum: €23.7m – €31.2m

Bonuses UEFA Cup/Europa League 2008/2009 – 2009/2010
    Group Stage (fixed): €115k – €900k
    Group Stage Victory: €40k – €120k
    Group Stage Draw: €20k – €60k
    Round of 32: €70k – €180k
    Round of 16: €70k – €270k
    Quarterfinal: €300k – €360k
    Semifinal: €600k – €630k
    Losing Finalist: €1.5m – €2m
    Winner: €2.5m – €3m
    Theoretical Maximum: €3.815m (CL 6.2x more) – €6.06m (CL 5.1x more)

Now, I was probably a bit harsh on the Europa League. The early stages of the competition have been boosted quite a bit, while the quarter- and semifinal bonuses remained virtually untouched. The new group stage also means three guaranteed home games compared to two in the old UEFA Cup. The gap between the two European competitions remains immense though and is further widened with the help of the somewhat complicated market pool.
    So, basically: getting to the 16 round in CL = winning the europa league?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    Besides we will have enough injures and will get even more. Then we will have matchdays on Thursdays, we will have to travel back and have less time to prepare for weekend matches. And that will affect our finish in league also. (Screw inter, it would s--k if Samp, Milan, Viola would get more money also with a better finish, add to that potentially better money from europe also.

Milan can literally f--k up in first knockouts, we would have to sweat to win the uefa cup to get as much money.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    You think Ventspils is dying to sign him? I am sure they wouldn't even sign him for free..
    Then whats the point of "marketing" with him in Uefa cup.

Besides Momo or Camo will be injured again in spring and we would have to play Poulsen and Tiago in uefa cup AND league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)