[CL] Lyon 1-0 JUVENTUS [February 26th, 2020] (13 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
...BECAUSE A GUY ATE SOME BAT :lol2:
I thought you said it’s a conspiracy theory to tank Chinese economy? :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

They should check Lyon too since the game before ours they played Metz who had a player that tested positive.
Saves us the embarrassment of crashing out to a mediocre as fuck, Lyon.

You Sarri Boiz breathing a collective sigh of relief that the chainsmoking clown is having his job saved by Coronavirus. Now he didn’t lose the scudetto or get tossed out of CL :lol3: @Dru

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 13, 2010
Saves us the embarrassment of crashing out to a mediocre as fuck, Lyon.

You Sarri Boiz breathing a collective sigh of relief that the chainsmoking clown is having his job saved by Coronavirus. Now he didn’t lose the scudetto or get tossed out of CL :lol3: @Dru
Funny cuz you would think a chainsmoking 61 year old who was out for 3 weeks because of pneumonia would be at risk to be screwed by Covid

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Lmao

Your ministry of health btw :lol: That statement about women having high levels of estrogen so they are immune to Corona and should go for a shopping to Italy :rofl:
:shifty: No fucking way is this real?

Serbia :lol3:

- - - Updated - - -

Now I am scared that Sarri will prove me wrong :scared:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I thought you said it’s a conspiracy theory to tank Chinese economy? :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -
I never denied the exitance of the virus nor I deny the need of calling it pandemic at this point. I just think it's too hyped. When/if the virus kills millions like some predict, I'll change my mind. If it disappears in a month or two, killing thousands, imo it's no different than a common virus because each year it kills thousands of people. If, for example, at the end of the year it kills more than 10k people in France, I'll say it's deadlier. I talked to some doctor recently and he stated that the seasonal flu has 2% death rate and laughed when I said it's 0.2. Then I talked with another doctor (younger) and he said it's kind of impossible to say how many dies of a seasonal flu while also stated how we'll know more about corona in a year time, too early for any kind of details about the virus itself and the death rate.

:shifty: No fucking way is this real?

Serbia :lol3:

- - - Updated - - -

Now I am scared that Sarri will prove me wrong :scared:
I honestly think he was joking about that part, since he said "women should go there (to Italy) because discounts will be huge since nobody will want to go there, you should only prepare your husbands mentally for it".

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And?What will be the outcome of this situation?
I believe it's a matter of days before a La Liga, Ligue 1, Bundesliga or EPL player tests positive to Corona. That will result with suspension of those leagues, as well as all European competitions.
Juve-Lyon for sure and Barca-Napoli almost certainly won't be played. Even if UEFA gives Barca and Lyon the wins, until the quarters (and remember Atalanta is there) this will spread to the other leagues.
I see two possible scenarios - 1) there will be no more CL hence no CL winner; 2) if the situation drastically improves until mid-April and UEFA decides to move the EURO to 2021, the season could continue till late June.
Impossible to predict anything and I don't think they will rush out with the decision, but I think the #1 scenario is more likely.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I believe it's a matter of days before a La Liga, Ligue 1, Bundesliga or EPL player tests positive to Corona. That will result with suspension of those leagues, as well as all European competitions.
Juve-Lyon for sure and Barca-Napoli almost certainly won't be played. Even if UEFA gives Barca and Lyon the wins, until the quarters (and remember Atalanta is there) this will spread to the other leagues.
I see two possible scenarios - 1) there will be no more CL hence no CL winner; 2) if the situation drastically improves until mid-April and UEFA decides to move the EURO to 2021, the season could continue till late June.
Impossible to predict anything and I don't think they will rush out with the decision, but I think the #1 scenario is more likely.
If by April situation becomes better than I expect Euro to be suspended because there are many issues with leagues and CHL, Who gets to play next season in CHL, which team gets relegated and which team get promoted, so many issues.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
La liga is being suspended now

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Hopefully not even one health or government official will think the same way for people's sake
Obviously I exaggerated. Like doctors said, death rate will become a thing in the future, too early to say now. But if it kills less than an average flu I surely won't look back thinking how we survived black plague.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Given that there are no Juve matches anytime soon, can someone share some classic Juve matches to download, especially from the 90's?

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I never denied the exitance of the virus nor I deny the need of calling it pandemic at this point. I just think it's too hyped. When/if the virus kills millions like some predict, I'll change my mind. If it disappears in a month or two, killing thousands, imo it's no different than a common virus because each year it kills thousands of people. If, for example, at the end of the year it kills more than 10k people in France, I'll say it's deadlier. I talked to some doctor recently and he stated that the seasonal flu has 2% death rate and laughed when I said it's 0.2. Then I talked with another doctor (younger) and he said it's kind of impossible to say how many dies of a seasonal flu while also stated how we'll know more about corona in a year time, too early for any kind of details about the virus itself and the death rate.

I honestly think he was joking about that part, since he said "women should go there (to Italy) because discounts will be huge since nobody will want to go there, you should only prepare your husbands mentally for it".
Because talking with two doctors is a great sample size.

This is no swine flu.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Obviously I exaggerated. Like doctors said, death rate will become a thing in the future, too early to say now. But if it kills less than an average flu I surely won't look back thinking how we survived black plague.
No one knows the fatality rate because they only just started testing random people who do not have any symptoms. We will know more in the coming weeks. But even if its death rate is 0.1% like the flu, it could still be much more serious than the flu. It wont kill you but can really give you a hard time.

Moreover, we already know its far more infectious than the flu and it makes way many more people require hospitalization at once, compared to the flu. Think of it as if the entire workforce gets a bad flu within the same few days. They'd still flood the hospitals and crash the economy and the healthcare system. This presents a logistical challenge both to hospitals and employers. Hospitals have to learn how to absorb a shit ton of extra demand in bulk than what they are used to. Employers have to to learn how to cope with their entire workforce getting sick in one swoop as opposed to the gradual process of a small % of people taking sick days at a time.

We don't know if surviving it means you are immune, and for how long. With some viruses you become immune for years, and others you can catch it again in a year. There are some reports of repeat infections already within months of recovery. If that is the case then we are fucked until a vaccine is developed and distributed (~2 years). Why? Because most people catch the flu once every year or 2 and its fatality rate is 0.1%. If you'll catch the covid 10 times a year at the same fatality rate then it might as well get you once at 1% fatality rate. Its like having the flu every few weeks over and over again.

In short, even if its no more deadly per infection than a flu, (1) it gets a shit ton of people sick at the same time that it crashes healthcare systems, and (2) you might catch the infection multiple times per year its not a one time thing (still unconfirmed).

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Considering France have stopped its domestic league does that mean we automatically advance considering Lyon won't be possible to host a game in its stadium/country if they even were to advance.

I think we just made it through the next round. SARRIBAL!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)