[CL] Lyon 0-1 JUVENTUS [18th October, 2016] (7 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Grande Buffon

This side really lacks athleticism though. It's not an issue in Serie A, but in the CL it really shows. It also showed against Inter when they played at a high tempo too. Pjanic and Khedira are the opposite of athletes. Still great players, but it hurts the side.
Eh. Barca and Bayern aren't exactly athletic. We just didn't do enough in the first half, we made some chances. It's one of those games where if let's say Higuains header goes in we probably would've won comfortably.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
:agree:

Wait, no. We suck. We're terrible. Worst performance in history.
Hyperbole.

But we were pretty bad. Or at least I expect much better from this Juve.

Gigi saved the unsaveable and Cuadrado scored a goal that you see once in 5 seasons.

Our attitude was good but we created shit even if we had the ball most of the time.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Massive 3 points, otherwise we would have been linning up to face a bayern again and be kicked like fools.

Ok guys, really...this 352 nonsense should stop. Come january, buy a trq and some midfielders who are willing to provide balls to the forwards. So dissapoiinted in Pjanic. What the fuck is going on with him? What a chocker.

Play 433, play 4312, play 4321. Whatever u want... but please SHAKE this team up Allegri!!! man come on wake up!!!.

Pjaca neeeds to heal and be used in every formation. We need someone to take on defenders and create. Him and Cuadrado are our current answers to that. We need them.

Sandro and Cuadrado should be in every starting 11..ALWAYS.

last but not least, Buffon is a god. there are no words to describe him since long time ago. Best of all times by a mile.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
People already forgetting that Alves scored (or created an own goal) in like 4 straight matches before this one.

Plus he assisted Cuadrado's winning goal today.

:lol: at saying he's not good enough for us.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Alves is clearly good enough, but needs to up his consistency with his passing. It's almost as if he's passing in to an area at times that he thinks one of his ex barca lads are covering.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
People already forgetting that Alves scored (or created an own goal) in like 4 straight matches before this one.

Plus he assisted Cuadrado's winning goal today.

:lol: at saying he's not good enough for us.
I think the assist isn't too significant, Cuadrado got the ball and the touchline and made it all himself.

I though Alves had a bizarre game, he did a lot of good and always made himself available but he lost the ball way too often, particularly in the first 30 mins.

Jun 6, 2015
Hyperbole.

But we were pretty bad. Or at least I expect much more better from this Juve.

Gigi saved the unsaveable and Cuadrado scored a goal that you see once in 5 seasons.

Our attitude was good but we created shit even if we had the ball most of the ball.
It's good to remember that for Lyon this was already a do or die game. They were really fired up and put up a good tough showing. I think we played well for most parts although there were too many lapses in concentration.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Hyperbole.

But we were pretty bad. Or at least I expect much more better from this Juve.

Our attitude was good but we created shit even if we had the ball most of the ball.
Oh, I don't think it was a great performance in the slightest. We actually played a far better match against Sevilla in the 0-0, a match we would have won 9 times out of 10 with the chances we had. This match was the exact opposite. Probably should have drawn or lost, but won.

Regardless, we won. No style points. And I want the team to perform better, but I'll certainly take the win, and the fantastic start we've had to the season (as far as results go). I'll also trust that our gameplay will get better as we learn how to use Pjanic, Higuain, Alves better.

Mar 3, 2014
He's definitely good enough, but he definitely needs to adjust his game to Serie A. He can't play those short passes when it's not working. That being said: Cuadrado must play. If you have to play a 3-4-3 do that.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Buffon was God

Bonucci was terrible

Allegri nailed the subs, Benatia was awesome

Cuadrado is a gamechanger off the bench when the opposing defense is tired

Higuain was awesome as well

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
What a game. We've played pretty shitty and everything went against us aswell. Still 3pts. I'm happy but not satisfied. Alex Sandro was really awesome today but MotM was definitely Gigi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)