[CL] JUVENTUS vs Lyon [August 7th, 2020] (2 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 7, 2003
Bernardeschi, Ronaldo, Higuain and Bonucci had really good chances for a goal. What a pity!

Congrats to Lyon and Rudi buuuuuuuuuut the away goal should have been thrown away, it didn't make sense because our fans were not there.

Next year is our year!

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Dybala for Berna subs when Dybala is not healthy enough is a very risky move. Even if last night we can qualify, losing Dybala against City means we will have less chance to win against City

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
Ok, now that Sarri is out... How the F there is 0 outrage about the that scandalous Lyon penalty. I could (to some extent) understand the mistake made in a rush of the moment, but they have checked the VAR, they SAW Bentancur winning the ball and they gave the fucking penalty. WTF is that?!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Ok, now that Sarri is out... How the F there is 0 outrage about the that scandalous Lyon penalty. I could (to some extent) understand the mistake made in a rush of the moment, but they have checked the VAR, they SAW Bentancur winning the ball and they gave the fucking penalty. WTF is that?!
Apparentely Bernardeschi had his foot in Aouar`s foot but it shouldnt have been a penalty anyway since it wasnt the cause of him losing the ball to Bentancur.
Anyway the reason there is 0 outrage towards that penalty is because we are Juventus. We were playing Lyon and in any of the last 8 years (prior to this one of course) we would have beaten Lyon over two legs with at least 2 goals margin and the reason we werent doing it was Sarri.
Even should we qualify instead of Lyon it wouldnt matter much since we would have got destroyed by City.
This year`s team had just too many faults - Starting from the easiness opposition got to our final third and the extremely slow tempo when attacking.

It is true some faults also should be put on the player`s shoulders but the feeling is - Should we had another coach rather than Sarri -> We would have gone through.

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
Apparentely Bernardeschi had his foot in Aouar`s foot but it shouldnt have been a penalty anyway since it wasnt the cause of him losing the ball to Bentancur.
Anyway the reason there is 0 outrage towards that penalty is because we are Juventus. We were playing Lyon and in any of the last 8 years (prior to this one of course) we would have beaten Lyon over two legs with at least 2 goals margin and the reason we werent doing it was Sarri.
Even should we qualify instead of Lyon it wouldnt matter much since we would have got destroyed by City.
This year`s team had just too many faults - Starting from the easiness opposition got to our final third and the extremely slow tempo when attacking.

It is true some faults also should be put on the player`s shoulders but the feeling is - Should we had another coach rather than Sarri -> We would have gone through.
Well, according to the game report the penalty was given for "Bentancur tripping Aouar". If the penalty was indeed given for what Berna did, the contact when Higuain lost the ball was three times as hard. There is ZERO excuses to get this call wrong with VAR.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well, according to the game report the penalty was given for "Bentancur tripping Aouar". If the penalty was indeed given for what Berna did, the contact when Higuain lost the ball was three times as hard. There is ZERO excuses to get this call wrong with VAR.
I already said I agree. and if its the Bentancur foul its even more absurd but we are Juventus and they are Lyon and we should have gone through regardless.
At least one positive came out of it since now Sarri is out and we all know we couldnt really go past City.. Not with this Juve..

- - - Updated - - -

Juve is dead, Ferrari is dead. I have no reason to live.

Marc.png
Try looking at it from the bright side - Juve got eliminated by a team that we should have thrashed but at least we got rid of Sarri...
Also you dont know what Pirlo brings so be optimistic until proven wrong.

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
I already said I agree. and if its the Bentancur foul its even more absurd but we are Juventus and they are Lyon and we should have gone through regardless.
At least one positive came out of it since now Sarri is out and we all know we couldnt really go past City.. Not with this Juve..
I was fully expecting to go out against Lyon tbh, with the current form it is only logical. But go on by away goals in the empty stadium and away goal comming from non existing penalty was just too much. It is infuriating and how can we let it slide is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

Try looking at it from the bright side - Juve got eliminated by a team that we should have thrashed but at least we got rid of Sarri...
Also you dont know what Pirlo brings so be optimistic until proven wrong.
Im cautiously optimistic about Pirlo.
But that does not change the fact that it was a daylight robbery. I can be exited that i get to buy a new TV, because someone stole the old one, but the thief still must be held accountable

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I was fully expecting to go out against Lyon tbh, with the current form it is only logical. But go on by away goals in the empty stadium and away goal comming from non existing penalty was just too much. It is infuriating and how can we let it slide is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

Im cautiously optimistic about Pirlo.
But that does not change the fact that it was a daylight robbery. I can be exited that i get to buy a new TV, because someone stole the old one, but the thief still must be held accountable
I guess Uefa will handle it

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
UEFA appointed him to officiate this game knowing that he might sell the game for 300 euros i have no confidence in their ability to handle anything...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Dybala for Berna subs when Dybala is not healthy enough is a very risky move. Even if last night we can qualify, losing Dybala against City means we will have less chance to win against City
But like he said, he would have been slaughtered if he hadn't risked Dybala, because armchair fans and football pundits had no idea how unready he was. If anything he was on the bench for morale, but we also had zero other legitimate attacking options.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
But like he said, he would have been slaughtered if he hadn't risked Dybala, because armchair fans and football pundits had no idea how unready he was. If anything he was on the bench for morale, but we also had zero other legitimate attacking options.
True, and Dybala himself feel he is ready to come on to help improve situation

So there is no one to blame there

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
True, and Dybala himself feel he is ready to come on to help improve situation

So there is no one to blame there

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk
Sarri is to blame for our horrible season but its not Sarri forced Dybala to play against his will...
If we blame Sarri for Dybala not being ready, we should put the blame for WW2 on him as well..

He is crap, Im glad he is gone but he isnt responsible to every single bad thing that happens. (He has his fine share in lots of things though..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)