[CL] JUVENTUS vs Lyon [August 7th, 2020] (3 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
Judging by the season, I am not very optimistic on this one. Usually I am very optimistic in regards to Juve, but this time I dont want to fool myself. We dont have the fluidity nor tactical capability to overcome this. Lyon are solid side, they are very physical and know how to play tactically.
Early goal like today might give us a hope and open up the game, but than again our defense is not capable keeping a clean sheet.

The only chance we have is Ronaldo turn on the beast mode and save our asses just like he did against Atletico.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Maybe I'm deluded, but no matter how shite we look, I still expect us to push them aside like they were...well, Lyon.

No offense @Raphaël
That should definitely be the case, and i also honestly expect us to at least do the minimum required and KO them, my money is on CR7 for this one.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
You can see how far down Sarri dragged us just by the way we talk about overturning a one goal deficit vs a 7th placed French team that has one competitive match in 6 months ffs.
And it's certainly is. If I were to bet in this game, honestly it would be like a 60-40 for us and as you said, it should be a clear 80-20 at least considering everything

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
You can see how far down Sarri dragged us just by the way we talk about overturning a one goal deficit vs a 7th placed French team that has one competitive match in 6 months ffs.
Honestly, only and just due to the sarriball factor i still have some small doubts about it, it’s really not beyond this team to win the game 2:1 and then see them talk about positives after the game.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I mean, we looked ok when we came back for a few games, then the heavy fixture list started to add up. I'd expect what Lyon will most lack will be sharpness, so maybe a mistake from a defender or miss from a striker would not be a surprise, a final pass, etc. After that the games are spaced pretty well.

Their average age against PSG was 25 so it's a young team in comparison to ours, but benches will also be a factor.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
frankly I don't give a damn about this team this year, they pissed me off too much + recruiting garcia's scumbag , that was the straw that broke the camel's back.
What's Lyon's current form and fitness like? Those friendlies helped?

Saw 15 mins of second half vs PSG. Both teams seemed preseason friendly level, which is better than us and Milan in Coppa, where we looked preseason training scrimmage level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)